Home
Posted By: 1minute Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/04/21
The local deer are on to Cookie's bird feeding schedule. Three bucks and 4 does out back waiting this AM when I went out to bring in today's firewood. Did a 90-minute walk thereafter, and this guy was still bedded a few feet away waiting for the cracked corn she slings out for the quail. Snapped this from the back door minutes ago, and see now that he's given up and followed the balance of the herd down the hill. They will bed down just over the rise, listen for her activities, and come running back in short order.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Have a good one,
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/04/21
That’s awesome! Thanks
Posted By: 1minute Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/04/21
She held off until noon. Quail corn just went out, and they were all back within 5 minutes. One spike, two 4by's, and 4 does. Folks can't find one in the woods, and we can't run them off. Actually, I can with a 22 springer, but I have to wait until Cookie leaves. She doesn't like me punching holes through their ears.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/04/21
the ears? In my best Clint Eastwood voice, "Aim for the heart Ramon, aim for the heart."
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/04/21
Thanks for sharing. Sure do enjoy your and Cookie's pictures
Posted By: ribka Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/05/21
Originally Posted by 1minute
The local deer are on to Cookie's bird feeding schedule. Three bucks and 4 does out back waiting this AM when I went out to bring in today's firewood. Did a 90-minute walk thereafter, and this guy was still bedded a few feet away waiting for the cracked corn she slings out for the quail. Snapped this from the back door minutes ago, and see now that he's given up and followed the balance of the herd down the hill. They will bed down just over the rise, listen for her activities, and come running back in short order.

Have a good one,

nice, say thanks to your wife
Posted By: jwall Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/05/21
N I C E !!!
Posted By: 1minute Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/05/21
Aim for the heart Ramon

Ear shots do get their attention.

Given my immediate line of sight neighbor is a game warden, it would not do for me to litter the back 40 with an excess of game.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/05/21
Beautiful muley!
Is she feeding him to fatten, or to tenderize?
smile smile smile
Posted By: Springcove Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/05/21
Great picture. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/05/21
Beautiful picture.

Question: When do your mulies lose their horns?
Posted By: Blacktailer Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/05/21
You might think about an airsoft. I've taken to carrying one to chase off the coyotes since the city fathers won't let me shoot here.
Stings em pretty good but won't do any harm and is quiet.
Fun to see the deer though. Friend in Bend Ore gets some giants in his backyard. His neighbor feeds them out of her back door.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/05/21
Question: When do your mulies lose their horns

Big boys should start dropping antlers in about 2 weeks. Little wimpy guys might stretch it out another 4 to 6 weeks.
Posted By: hanco Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/09/21
Awesome, thanks for posting
Posted By: 1minute Re: Bird Feeder Mulie - 02/09/21
OK. This guy dropped an antler within the last 24 hours. Yesterday he looked like this. Image that we posted before.

This morning, not the best image due to intervening grass, but it's the only angle he offered Cookie as viewed from the back deck.

Don't know where the drop happened, as I saw him in the same condition about 400 yds away before Cookie got her shot. A couple of accompanying and younger 4by's and two forkies were all still packing a full load.
© 24hourcampfire