Home
Posted By: 805 MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/14/21
Results are up! Good luck to everyone!
Posted By: T_Inman Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/14/21
Nothing here, even with a Preference point. First time ever I have not drawn either the deer combo or big game combo.

Oh well. Not a big deal.
Posted By: RickBin Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/14/21
Swing and a miss ...
Posted By: 805 Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/14/21
Deer combo for my party!
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Nothing here, even with a Preference point. First time ever I have not drawn either the deer combo or big game combo.

Oh well. Not a big deal.

A buddy sent this to me.

This year, hunters came out in record numbers to apply for permits and purchase licenses in advance of the April 1 deadline. More than 82,384 residents and 16,650 nonresidents applied for elk and deer permits. That’s a 12.48 percent and 29.52 percent increase over last year, respectively
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/14/21
My oldest son struck out again,
NR big game combo.
Posted By: KRAKMT Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/14/21
No special draw for breaks for me. Just another bonus point.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
NR big game combo.

I had a preference point, because I did not draw last year.
Posted By: rflshtr Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/14/21
NR big game combo here
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/15/21
None for me in Montana.
Posted By: JGray Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/15/21
Drew same elk tag as last year - second choice two years in a row...
Posted By: elkchsr Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/15/21
Nothing here
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/15/21
Elk combo here. Had a preference point.
Posted By: ribka Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/15/21
back to Montana this year
Posted By: CBB Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/15/21
Buying a point this year hoping to draw next year. Both of my boys will be h.s. seniors this fall. There's no way to go to MT to hunt elk that won't interfere with me missing a football game unless I come out in the 2nd week of rifle. Waiting until 2022 and hopefully the boys come with me. We have a cabin to stay in over on East Fork of the Bitterroot. I know my way around the Big Hole a little also.
Posted By: huntinaz Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/15/21
We’ve got NR combo tags. Hope we can find some animals!
Posted By: borden811 Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/15/21
Nothing for us this year. Kinda disappointed. My brother and I killed our first elk out there last year, and one nice and one giant mule deer the year before. Was planning on heading out in archery season this year, but guess that will have to wait.
Posted By: Dan700mn Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/15/21
No deer tag for me or my buddy this year.
Mt gave me the smack down this year. I guess there is always next year.
Posted By: strosfann Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/22/21
Add me to the list of MT rejects this year. Still holding out hope for the pronghorn tag as I know where a couple of big ones reside.
270-45
Posted By: Brittdog Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/24/21
Deer elk combo here. I didn’t apply for any special hunts.
Posted By: pete53 Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/24/21
elk-deer combo was a positive draw ? i always staple a $20.00 on the application.
Posted By: BobMt Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/24/21
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
270-45

wondered why I didnt draw.....make sure to post pics.......bob
Posted By: T_Inman Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/24/21
Originally Posted by BobMt
270-45

???
270-45 is an unlimited elk draw up the East Fork of the Bitterroot.

I guess I am not following you here. How does MontanaCreekHunter's drawing of that tag have a bearing on your draw app?
Posted By: BobMt Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/24/21
270-45

???

I guess I am not following you here. How does MontanaCreekHunter's drawing of that tag have a bearing on your draw app?

sorry T...- 50....just saw the 270 part and my mind went right to deer.....I was thinking that lucky basturd....I have been putting in for like 12? years now........bob
270-45

???

sorry T...- 50....just saw the 270 part and my mind went right to deer.....I was thinking that lucky basturd....I have been putting in for like 12? years now........bob

Yeah NO 270-50! I don't even put in for it. The 270-45 you can still hunt General. My friend likes to hunt the 270, so I get it so I can hunt with her but I can also still hunt my areas. I get lucky every year on the Antelope 900 tag! smile smile smile
Posted By: atse Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/25/21
270-50 isn't what it once was. Two bad winters, a couple years ago, and way too many lions, combined with some poaching has really hurt the deer quality here. I know 2 guys that are good hunters that had the tag last fall. They shot ok bucks, but they wouldn't even have considered shooting either one 6 or 7 years ago. Montana needs to kill A LOT of lions, not just run em up a tree and take a picture of them.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/25/21
270-45

???

Gotcha.

I have been putting in for the deer tag there too for most of my life. I have seen some absolutely giant bucks during the season, even down near the orange army block management areas. I have heard from a few sources the deer there have gone downhill, but haven't been in there during the season for a while.
270-45

???

Gotcha.

I have been putting in for the deer tag there too for most of my life. I have seen some absolutely giant bucks during the season, even down near the orange army block management areas. I have heard from a few sources the deer there have gone downhill, but haven't been in there during the season for a while.

You coming down to Turkey hunt?
Posted By: T_Inman Re: MT Deer and Elk Results - 04/25/21
Opening morning at my secret hideyhole between Florence and Stevi:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I kept meaning to let you know I was there, but was teleworking during the days and every free second I had (besides the Sat morning turkey opener) I was busy fixing fence from the elk over the winter, and whatever else needed fixed at my mom's place.
Opening morning at my secret hideyhole between Florence and Stevi:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I kept meaning to let you know I was there, but was teleworking during the days and every free second I had (besides the Sat morning turkey opener) I was busy fixing fence from the elk over the winter, and whatever else needed fixed at my mom's place.

I would have come and gave you a hand.
© 24hourcampfire