Home
Been a while since Any .270 Win ammo was available at Midway.

Norma Whitetail Ammunition 270 Winchester 130 Grain Jacketed Soft Point Box of 20

[Linked Image from media.mwstatic.com]

GR
Thanks for the heads-up. Once your link got me looking, I found more.
30-06: Norma 30-06 150 grain.
7mm-08: Norma 7mm-08 150 grain.
Would appreciate someone giving us a range update on how this Norma ammo shoots. I know they make great brass, but have never shot any loaded Norma ammo. Some hunting reports would be appreciated too!
Originally Posted by Hugh_W2
Would appreciate someone giving us a range update on how this Norma ammo shoots. I know they make great brass, but have never shot any loaded Norma ammo. Some hunting reports would be appreciated too!

I'll report back when I get some time. I've got several boxes of this in 270 Win.

According to Norma it's a "cup-and-core bullet with a mechanical lock".

If the accuracy is there, it should be good for what it's designed for.
I can’t verify accuracy on their Whitet*il line of ammo, but their other ammo loaded with the Oryx bullets in .30-06, .308 Norma Magnum, 7mm Wby mag, plus all the Weatherby cartridges loaded by Norma have produced excellent accuracy. YMMV
The .308 win oryx ammo i have is 180gr IIRC.
Inherited abiut 10 boxes of the stuff

Local farm store had Norma 30 06 150gr whitetail ammo for 22 a box. Tempted.
Originally Posted by WAM
I can’t verify accuracy on their Whitet*il line of ammo, but their other ammo loaded with the Oryx bullets in .30-06, .308 Norma Magnum, 7mm Wby mag, plus all the Weatherby cartridges loaded by Norma have produced excellent accuracy. YMMV

I'm a fan of the Oryx bullets and Norma in general.

Norma used to sell loaded ammo in the 1970's. I bought some .270 Win.150 grain, and my brother bought 7 RM 150 grain and they shot very well and did good jobs on whitetail and mule deer. The bullets were shaped like these, not very pointed and I suspect they will not disappoint.
Originally Posted by StudDuck

I'll report back when I get some time. I've got several boxes of this in 270 Win.

According to Norma it's a "cup-and-core bullet with a mechanical lock".

If the accuracy is there, it should be good for what it's designed for.

Seems to shoot pretty nice...

GR
Thanks Garandimal!
Looked around Atlanta for the Norma Whitetail and we do have a couple of LGS carrying it.
Will be getting some.

I used it in my 7mm Mag, It shot great, very accurate
This is the same bullet Norma uses in their "cheap" factory 270 Weatherby ammo. Never had an issue with it at Wthby. velocities so I'm sure there won't be issues at 270Win. velocities.

Accuracy was pretty good to. 1-1 1/4" groups avg.

Hunting partner's son killed a decent 5x5 bull last year at 240yds. with the 100gr. version of this bullet in 257Wthby. Bullet made it to the far side ribs!

Elk Country
Picked some up in 270, 30-06 and 7mm Rem Mag, because I needed some good brass for each. I shot the 30-06 this weekend and it grouped 3 into < .4" @ 100 yards. They were roughly 100 fps slower than box velocity.
© 24hourcampfire