Home
Looking for a new binocular Chest pack. Have Cabelas 10x42 and Leupold 8x42. Currently have a Badlands where the entire front flaps down. Works well when I'm up and moving, but the flap gets in the way in a stand. Have looked online at Alaska Guide and Marsupial Gear, just looking for real world experience, suggestions.
Several of us in my group use the Alaska Guide Creations and really like them. I put my rangefinder in the little front pouch which keeps things tidy and handy. Wind-checker in one side pouch, and two extra rounds and an elk reed in the other. Small zippered pouch holds water purification tablets.

Nothing about the pack I don’t enjoy.

Dave
Originally Posted by iddave
Several of us in my group use the Alaska Guide Creations and really like them. I put my rangefinder in the little front pouch which keeps things tidy and handy. Wind-checker in one side pouch, and two extra rounds and a deer in the other. Small zippered pouch holds water purification tablets.

Dave

Yep
I’ve tried several including the nice compact fhf gear and it depends on what you like minimalist & small or maximum protection & storage.

I have used the AGC with the most pockets for about 6 years to hold & protect my SLC’s, front pouch holds Leica CRF rangefinder on a tether, side pouches a wind checker & another 6 extra rounds. Bottom zippered pocket holds tags & a compact razor blade type knife. This makes me self sufficient & I can drop the backpack & run to the top of the ridge if necessary.

There are so many choices now you might want to try a few I haven’t tried the Kuiu, Sitka badlands etc but the AGC models are excellent if a little bulky. Gal on YouTube does a nice rundown of the different model AGCs.
Have tried several, prefer the marsupial gear harness.
I like the RYO harness with neoprene cover when going minimalist, and the Kuiu bino harness Pro otherwise.
I've used the FHF. I like that it keeps the binos covered and that the rangefinder is right next to them. I also like that their Glock 19 holster rides right below it.

It's OK for sitting, still hunting, or hunting from a stand but I don't like having that weight right on my chest when I need to move a long distance.

Okie John
I’ve tried several including AGC but ended up going back to the Kuiu pro (stone glacier is very similar) harness. Relatively sleek design providing excellent protection. There’s plenty of options of adding accessories to it. I also prefer the lid flipping forward, away from my body.
AGC Kodiak Cub Max. Rangefinder goes in front pocket with a Spudz lens cloth holding a spare battery for the RF. Side pockets hold milkweed seeds in a tiny ziplock, Bic lighter, lens brush, another Spudz, chapstick, flossing frames and a small roll of velcro. Basement pocket has a lightweight nylon sling, jerky and some candy. Elastic pockets on top carry my ballistic dope sheets.

It sounds like a lot of hindering bulky crap, but believe it or not, it's really not obtrusive at all.
Whatever you buy, it needs to be crazy expensive, about half the cost of a high end Zeiss binocular will impress, and ain't that the important thing?
I’ve tried them all and for my use settled on the Kuiu Pro. I like that it has full containment and when in a stand it is easy to have the lid pulled forward for easy access. The AGC was bombproof but I just didn’t like the way the lid functions.
I am a fan of the kuiu as well....can pick one up on classifieds sometimes.. for some money to be saved
I have an AGC and a marsupial. I prefer the marsupial after wearing both. One reason is the way it opens forward. The AGC is bullet proof and the marsupial is very well built and more comfortable for me. I carry my iphone, binos, wind checker, a small cleaning rag and a couple rounds in the bino pack. My rangefinder is in a separate pouch attached to the harness. My AGC houses all that in the bino pouch. I thought initially I wanted everything in one pouch but turns out I prefer a smaller bino,pouch and the separate rf pouch.
i really like my AGC. i keep a wind checker in the side pocket some lens solution and a cloth in the bottom a few extra rounds of ammunition in the front and my tags, pen, zipties in the mesh pocket in back
I have used several. Older Sitka, Mystery Ranch and FHF. Whichever route you go make sure that it total cover your binocs on all sides. Other wise in snowy windy conditions the lenses fill with snow. My current FHF rig does this and it's super annoying.
Check out the Mystery Ranch at Midway https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021662011?pid=871773
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I like the RYO harness with neoprene cover when going minimalist, and the Kuiu bino harness Pro otherwise.

Ricky Young Outdoors as well. Lots of different carry options with that harness.
Originally Posted by 257Bob
Check out the Mystery Ranch at Midway https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021662011?pid=871773

That's a good one.
AGC here as well.
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Looking for a new binocular Chest pack. Have Cabelas 10x42 and Leupold 8x42. Currently have a Badlands where the entire front flaps down. Works well when I'm up and moving, but the flap gets in the way in a stand. Have looked online at Alaska Guide and Marsupial Gear, just looking for real world experience, suggestions.

The big thing with my next Chest pack will be the ability to crawl with out the usual hang and swing. Marsupial I'm told by a friend fills the bill.
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by iddave
Several of us in my group use the Alaska Guide Creations and really like them. I put my rangefinder in the little front pouch which keeps things tidy and handy. Wind-checker in one side pouch, and two extra rounds and a deer in the other. Small zippered pouch holds water purification tablets.

Dave

Yep

Me too except I put my GPS in one side pocket and extra batteries/shells in the other. I've been using it since 2010 and would replace it immediately if I lost it.
Another AGC.

I went with the big AGC in which I have everything I’d need if I got separated from my pack including fire-making supplies, LRF, knife, headlamp, & space blanket.
Really good video
The new one by Stone Glacier..
I have KUIU Pro with swaro el 10x50s. Second season now, great for rifle type hunts but with a bow it makes some freaky noises as I pull Binos out against the fleece liner. Might just need more use. They live in it and I have only pulled them out a dozen times.
If you are looking for recriminations for Binocular Harnesses, fear not.

They are inanimate objects and you can accuse them of anything you please, without fear of recrimination from them.
I hate the harness on the AGC. I like my pouch high and tight. The AGC hangs down around yer belly button, while the Marsupial is like Goldilocks bear, 'juust riiight'..... That said, I like the AGC pouch when I hook it direct to the backpack shoulder straps and get it up where I like it, I just pitch the [bleep] harness in the pack.....

Hill People Gear Kit Bag
Originally Posted by ingwe

They are inanimate objects and you can accuse them of anything you please, without fear of recrimination from them.

laugh
Originally Posted by Reloder28

While I have a couple Original KBs and like them a lot, they really aren't a binocular pouch. You'd have to go with a Recon KB and one of their separate binocular pouches to get there.

You are being to harsh.

People will make there mistake's....you, two
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

You are being to harsh.

Fingernails on a chalkboard. You will smoke a turd in hell for that.
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

You are being to harsh.

It’s a good thing you aren’t writing a term paper 😁
You hafta go too school two due that. Now their's a waist of time.
I recently purchased a Browning chest pack harness that works very well for me at less than$60. My first chest pack style so I can't speak of other brands just that this one has plenty of room and stays tight to the chest plus is very quiet which is a must for a stillhunter. I am not a brand connisuer I select gear purely on whether it fits me and my methods of hunting g. Good luck in your search and good gunting.
I have FHFs for my binos. 5 of them---and like them due to them being solidly built, fairly sleek and their harness allows it to ride up high on my boobies, not down on my gut. That said, they don't cover the binos up 100%, and if there is snow or dust blowing in sideways, it can build up on the ocular lenses when in the harness as a result. I have only had the issue 3 times that I can think of, but it has happened. Some brands totally enclose the binos, which would be nice.

I am not a fan of zippered opening systems for harnesses, and never could get used to the lid system or bulkiness of Alaska Guide Creations. The Marsupial looks intriguing with the magnetic closure but I haven't played with them and if I switch from FHF, it'll be to a fully enclosed system anyhow.
Have you tried the Kuiu harness?
I tried a few different ones before settling on the KUIU then KUIU pro. Just watched the KUIU website for sales. I use Leica 10x42 BRF's.

Never tried the the FHF, ACG's or Marsupials. I did look at FHF and ACG's but like the KUIU.

I have not.

When you guys are wearing a full bino harness like the Kuiu or FHF, are you still wearing a daypack with a belt and shoulder straps?
I am, yes.
There are also conversion kits to integrate all the straps and hook the harness directly to a pack's straps, but I am unsure how universal they are.
I wear my bino harness and a day pack pretty regularly.

I am mostly a tree stand (climber) and shooting house hunter in the southeast. In either situation, the bino harness gives me a handy place to keep my binos in easy reach. No need to hang them from a hook in the tree. This helps me keep the movement down when I reach for my binos.

I am currently using the AGC KISS with the MAX pocket (pocket on the bottom). This version doesn't have the extra zippered pockets on the side and front which keeps the bulk down. It does have little mesh net "pockets" on the sides. These work perfect for holding a bottle of wind indicator on one side and a few ammo cartridges on the other side. I keep a lens cloth and my rangefinder in the floorboard pocket.

After researching the various offerings,, this was the first harness I've tried and it met my needs well so I haven't picked up any other versions.

https://alaskaguidecreations.com/products/k-i-s-s-m-a-x
There is only one. The marsupial. Made here in my home state of Arizona and top quality stuff. For hunters, by hunters.
Originally Posted by T_Inman

I have not.

It sounds like you may like it, based on your comments.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Reloder28

While I have a couple Original KBs and like them a lot, they really aren't a binocular pouch. You'd have to go with a Recon KB and one of their separate binocular pouches to get there.

Certainly agree. For my needs it was a good compromise at the time. I was unaware of the better binocular carriers when I made the kit bag purchase.
It’s not ideal, but I’ve been using the Recon KB under the Kuiu bino harness, and it works okay.
I like the AGC. Keeps everything I need if I drop the pack.
T&K

Made in the USA

Veteran owned

https://www.tandkhunting.com/products/binocular-harness
I wear my mystery ranch right over the harness. I just snake the sternum strap under the binocular straps.
© 24hourcampfire