Home
Posted By: Houston_2 Alaska Baited Grizzly Hunt - 05/07/22
If Anyone has ever entertained the idea of doing this might want to check out Accurate Reloading, Guides/Outfitters and offered discount hunts.

Mark Young has one tied to two client cancellations for 9800$ Each with one of the best outfitters. This is a regular 15,000$ hunt. 8 day hunt with a link to the outfitter’s website.

Over the years I’ve picked up some really good hunts off of that particular thread on AR.

I realize what some here may think of Accurate Reloading as a forum and its Host but thought that the hunt may have some interest here.

It’s on my bucket list but a knee replacement June 8 won’t quite allow it.

Anyhow, FWIW.
Posted By: Puddle Re: Alaska Baited Grizzly Hunt - 05/07/22
Huh. Baited grizzly hunt. That's a new one for me...
Posted By: TheKid Re: Alaska Baited Grizzly Hunt - 05/07/22
They’ve been allowing baiting in some units for about a decade now. We did some when they first started allowing it, good way for elderly, disabled, or just plain out of shape people to have a good chance at a grizzly.
I've done that hunt. Good outfitter, good active bait site, good home cooking, nice lodge. If you go you'll have a good hunt & a great chance at a nice interior grizzly.
Posted By: JoshK Re: Alaska Baited Grizzly Hunt - 05/08/22
That seems like a damn good deal.
Originally Posted by colorado bob
I've done that hunt. Good outfitter, good active bait site, good home cooking, nice lodge. If you go you'll have a good hunt & a great chance at a nice interior grizzly.

Much appreciate your feedback CB.

My timing for it couldn’t be worse! In the past I’ve been able to jump right on some good hunts published on that thread.
Originally Posted by Puddle
Huh. Baited grizzly hunt. That's a new one for me...
Sounds fun though
That got me thinking...baiting black bears is legal here in Idaho. A couple years ago we ALMOST had a grizzly hunt but a judge shut it down a day before it started. There was only 1 tag. I wonder if baiting would have been legal for it. The regulations specifically say black bears.
Originally Posted by Houston_2

My timing for it couldn’t be worse! In the past I’ve been able to jump right on some good hunts published on that thread.

That hunt comes every few years. Maybe it's Covid causing the cancellations. But keep checking AR. I've already killed 2 grizzly bears or I would be there on this. PM me if you want more details. Bob
Originally Posted by Houston_2

That hunt comes every few years. Maybe it's Covid causing the cancellations. But keep checking AR. I've already killed 2 grizzly bears or I would be there on this. PM me if you want more details. Bob

Much appreciate it, CB.
© 24hourcampfire