Home
Was hunting black bear this past week with Tomah Joseph outfitter’s in Jackman Maine and I tagged a dandy evening of June 7 th. About 8:30 I heard bear chattering growls on my left. I got my gun up on the sticks and at 8:38 I shot this 300 pounder. 18 yards through the shoulders with my Encore 450 Bushmaster. He rolled forward over twice and was done. Went about 15-20’. Trail cam set on video on the bait caught the shot from the back side showing the shot impact as well as another bear in the background that I never saw. It was awesome. I was on the ground in a box blind I built for the outfitters as a tip. I have built them 3 so far. Also building them a cabin on each trip we make there. This week we wired, insulated, set the kitchen and countertop and put up 1500 sqf of end matched pine siding inside. Until next year thank you Tomah Joseph Outfitters. Ken

If anyone can help me I’d like to add pictures. Only flaw in him I gave him lol
Nice!

Bob
www.bigbores.ca smile
Originally Posted by 2500HD
Was hunting black bear this past week with Tomah Joseph outfitter’s in Jackman Maine and I tagged a dandy evening of June 7 th. About 8:30 I heard bear chattering growls on my left. I got my gun up on the sticks and at 8:38 I shot this 300 pounder. 18 yards through the shoulders with my Encore 450 Bushmaster. He rolled forward over twice and was done. Went about 15-20’. Trail cam set on video on the bait caught the shot from the back side showing the shot impact as well as another bear in the background that I never saw. It was awesome. I was on the ground in a box blind I built for the outfitters as a tip. I have built them 3 so far. Also building them a cabin on each trip we make there. This week we wired, insulated, set the kitchen and countertop and put up 1500 sqf of end matched pine siding inside. Until next year thank you Tomah Joseph Outfitters. Ken

If anyone can help me I’d like to add pictures. Only flaw in him I gave him lol

Shoot me a PM and I’ll send you my number. Wouldn’t mind a bit to add some pictures for you.

The Jackman area is real nice and that sounds like a great bear. Congrats on the hunt.
Outstanding! The Jackman golden road area is awesome. Congrats on the bear!
Good deal! The only reason I've even heard of Jackman, Maine, is from Hal Blood's podcast. smile
Nice!
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Some of Ken’s handywork

Congrats again on a fine bear!
Thanks so much for putting up my pictures. It was a great trip
Congrats on that bear.
Congratulations!
Nice bear, congrats.
I remember Deer hunting in Jackman in the early 1990s. I saw a Mountain Lion on that trip, which Maine FGAW refused to acknowledge at that time.
Congratulations on the Black bear. Ought to make a nice wall rug. Also looks like you are building a handsome cabin.

L.W.
Congratulations

It's a shame we don't have a statewide spring season for bear other than the tribal hunts.
Nice bear, congrats.
Can you get the video up? Was #2 bigger?
#2 was the sow. She came after and hit the bait
great pics. congrats on a good trip
Nice bear. Cabin is looking nice as well.
Great bear and beretzs thanks for those pics.
Congratulations. Sounded like a great hunt.
2500HD,

That is one big bear.....congrat' sand like your choice of rifle too.
Thanks doctor E. Full body mount for him.
Originally Posted by GuideGun
Congratulations

It's a shame we don't have a statewide spring season for bear other than the tribal hunts.

Agreed. I have been hearing rumblings but have for years.

Nice bear.
Nice bear, "Girthy" comes to mind.

Congratulations!
Nice bear!

Cabin work looks great too!
I deeply regret cancelling a hunt there this year. I finally quit my job. I should have quit sooner and went hunting with you instead. Next year!

Thanks, Dinny
I think you will have a good time Adam. They have the bear just have to put in the time
© 24hourcampfire