Home
Posted By: Oregonmuley Oregon draw results posted - 06/20/22
Anyone else in the Oregon draw?? Results are now posted - drew pretty much what I expected based on preference points. Got a bull elk tag over east in my favorite unit and a 2nd choice mule deer tag so not bad overall.

Good luck to everyone else on your draws!!
Klamath Falls buck deer. I expected it. That’s all.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/20/22
Chetco ML deer. I was in the 100% group based on points. Should be interesting. I've hunted it a lot during rifle season over the last 40 years but never done a late hunt. The new factor will be snow. Don't need to do a 'James Kim' repeat up there. Thinking of that, roads that lead into the areas I want to hunt may have the gates closed already which could stir my approach a bit.

Tom
Posted By: Santiam Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/20/22
Desert cow tag is it for me...Meh, I can take it or leave it..
Posted By: longarm Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/20/22
Only drew the 615, but happy to get it. The rest will have to be over the counter this year
Posted By: ehunter Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/20/22
Drew Fort Rock with 0 not too excited not many deer but at least I can hunt. I will get to help with buddies cow tag.
Drew a Silvies buck tag.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/20/22
Missed on everything, but I applied solely for top quality units. Have a couple buddies that I can accompany, so those will be low stress outings. That and perhaps a ton of fly fishing with some trips through Wy and Mt.

Did a firewood cutting run today, and saw deer, elk, and pronghorn. No bear or turkey.

Dropped a huge tamarack and the top two thirds were decayed and exploded on impact. Bottom third was solid, filled the trailer, and made for a 7,000+ lb load when I pulled across the scales. If I cut anymore, it will strictly be recreational stuff.

Good luck out there
Posted By: Judman Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/20/22
Got a good musket Blacktail tag. 👊🏻
Originally Posted by Judman
👍👍
We drew mule deer buck and cow elk in unit 57 - Sled Springs.
about what our points indicated we could get.
Posted By: Judman Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/21/22
That brings back memories, hunted sled springs back in the late 80’early 90’s. Used to be alotta deer in there.
Originally Posted by ehunter
Drew Fort Rock with 0 not too excited not many deer but at least I can hunt. I will get to help with buddies cow tag.

Mid 90’s to 2012 my family and I killed a ton of deer in Fort Rock, just north of the Hwy 97 and Hwy 58 junction. It got thinned and doesn’t hold near the deer anymore.
Posted By: SeanD Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/21/22
It’s gonna be a great year. Snake river buck tag, east north side elk, and w Beatys pronghorn.
Posted By: Judman Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/21/22
Originally Posted by SeanD
It’s gonna be a great year. Snake river buck tag, east north side elk, and w Beatys pronghorn.

Oh hell ya. Grats! 👊🏻
Posted By: chas05 Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/21/22
I drew a MZ antelope tag for Wagontire. Any info about the area would most helpful

Thanks
Charlie
Posted By: ehunter Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/21/22
Yea numbers are way down. I have hunted over most of this unit
Only applied for an elk tag to hang with buddies. NADA. We'll hunt blacktail and bear at home.

Took 20 minutes to fill my buddies tag a few years ago. I did the rattling. It can get wild!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/22/22
I drew a buck tag in Pine Creek Unit. Didn't draw an elk tag, but my odds were just under 50% so that's not a surprise.
Posted By: Judman Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/22/22
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Took 20 minutes to fill my buddies tag a few years ago. I did the rattling. It can get wild!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That’s what I’m after. 👊🏻
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/22/22
Drew deer in Heppner, no elk or pronghorn. We will see what the cattle guys are seeing, and hunt the areas they suggest. Hunt elk on the west side, and pronghorn will wait.
Originally Posted by Heym06
Drew deer in Heppner, no elk or pronghorn. We will see what the cattle guys are seeing, and hunt the areas they suggest. Hunt elk on the west side, and pronghorn will wait.

I’m thinking I might buy a Cascades tag just for the hike. 8-10% success rate tends to dampen a fella’s motivation.

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

I’m thinking I might buy a Cascades tag just for the hike. 8-10% success rate tends to dampen a fella’s motivation.

P

I'd be hyped up. I'm used to hunting a 4% success rate unit..
We didn't draw anything. Guess I will try and call a cougar in this fall.
Drew exactly what I expected.... Will hunt blacktail OTC and damage elk here, too.
No premium hunts for me.

Good luck to those that drew !
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/24/22

P
Cascade can be a hard hunt. It beats no hunt, by a long shot. Good luck on your deer tag! Deer seem plentiful this year, in both Klamath and Keno units. Seeing quite a few while running around the county. Only one over 30". It was your unit, between Swan Lake and Chiloquin Ridge.. Again good luck!
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/24/22

Thinking that direction myself. Upper Rogue, upper Umpqua if I do it. I haven't hunted it in quite a few years, maybe something has changed. I can throw in some calls and see about bringing in a kitty cat while I'm posing as an elk hunter. On the flip side my deer season starts the day after that elk hunt ends .. quite a drive away .. so maybe I'd be spreading myself too thin to do either one very well.

P
Cascade can be a hard hunt. It beats no hunt, by a long shot. Good luck on your deer tag! Deer seem plentiful this year, in both Klamath and Keno units. Seeing quite a few while running around the county. Only one over 30". It was your unit, between Swan Lake and Chiloquin Ridge.. Again good luck!

I tend to shoot forkies out of the alfalfa fields on private land.

It’s a blast.
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Thinking that direction myself. Upper Rogue, upper Umpqua if I do it. I haven't hunted it in quite a few years, maybe something has changed. I can throw in some calls and see about bringing in a kitty cat while I'm posing as an elk hunter. On the flip side my deer season starts the day after that elk hunt ends .. quite a drive away .. so maybe I'd be spreading myself too thin to do either one very well.

T_O_M,

We used to hunt that muzzleloader season every year for quite a while - we always had our best results during the Thanksgiving week - rut going full bore - weather is chit and for some reason the afternoon seemed to be much more productive than mornings... Good luck, that's a good tag.
Posted By: Dre Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/27/22
Didn’t draw anything. Been bad few years. Now Sitting on 4 deer and 4 elk points.
Next year should be good before reaching no mans land.
I guess OTC Easter Oregon spike tag …. Again
I didn't enter the draw, but I did buy an OTC blacktail tag. It will be my first time hunting them, so pretty excited. Might pick up a bear or cat tag as well.
Posted By: elkmen1 Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/27/22
Once again drew my Nonresident Spike bull tag, been hunting the same unit for many years now as a resident and non resident. Did not draw in Washington state with 13 preference points, nor in Wyoming. Did apply for second chance draw in Wyoming. Just anything would make me happy..
Posted By: Dre Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/28/22
Left over tags coming up for sale
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
I didn't enter the draw, but I did buy an OTC blacktail tag. It will be my first time hunting them, so pretty excited. Might pick up a bear or cat tag as well.

What's your plan? Are you coming anywhere near us?
Posted By: sandpit Re: Oregon draw results posted - 06/30/22
THE WOLVES HAVE HAD A HEY DAY AROUND THERE
13th year in a row. Fort Rock buck is all I got. I will be camped in the S/E this fall 9/29-10/13 Saw some interesting sign on my spring bear trip.
Originally Posted by baltz526
13th year in a row. Fort Rock buck is all I got. I will be camped in the S/E this fall 9/29-10/13 Saw some interesting sign on my spring bear trip.

I’m waiting for you to get one of those big bucks you target specifically.

I don't recall where you are.

I'll be hunting around the Roseberg/Glide area, last week in Oct. Hopefully catch the early part of the rut.
Originally Posted by baltz526

I’m waiting for you to get one of those big bucks you target specifically.
the big buck I had been hunting is gone. Never saw his tracks last year or the tracks of his offspring. Looking for new old bucks.
Posted By: nash22 Re: Oregon draw results posted - 07/02/22
Drew Grizzly bull tag and Paulina buck tag. Grandfather started hunting Paulina area in the 40's. Paulina unit doesn't have the deer it used to. Pretty slim hunting.
Still a few deer in the south central area of the Paulina unit.

I don't recall where you are.

I'll be hunting around the Roseberg/Glide area, last week in Oct. Hopefully catch the early part of the rut.

About 50 miles north of us. Let me know if you need anything.
© 24hourcampfire