Home
neat video was unique ! and a bad cartridge always seem to happen when you need that one shot. thanks for posting,Pete53
Nice, starving cat could be a dangerous cat.
Pretty cool 😊
Nice job Santiam
THAT. WAS. AWESOME.

Sorting out a potentially wounded cat has to induce a wee bit of pucker factor.

Well done man! And thanks for bringing us along.
Nicely done!
Very cool, Santiam!
Very cool! Calling in a mountain lion is intense. Crazy how fast he came into the call
Great video. Was fun to watch.
Thanks
Great job!!
Great video! You caught some great footage there!
Nice job! Thanks for sharing.
Just added another item to my bucket list.

Very cool.
You sure rang the diner bell for that one!

Can't believe how fast he came in, not time elapsed but running like that.

Super cool!
Great job! Looks as though you put in some hard work in some unbearable heat. You did that cat a service. Starving to death is pure misery and an awful way for any living creature to cope in nature. I’m not surprised how fast that cat reacted to the call as the desperation of hunger took over any cautious behavior.
Awesome video! Thank you for sharing!
Today is the opener for black bear, and I'm looking to do what you did but with a bear here very shortly. This is exactly the video I needed to see.

Thanks, and very nice work.

Okie John
Very cool, thanks for sharing. And yes it looks like you did that one a favor.
Very cool, I've only ever hunted them with dogs.
Nicely done! Thanks for sharing
Originally Posted by Santiam

did you figure out if it was a bad primer, light strike, or trigger issue?
Holy shiit!! Very nice Bill! πŸ‘ŠπŸ» Great footage for bein solo. Thanks for sharin
Nice job!!!!!!
Great video!!!!!! Really enjoyed watching it!!!
Congrats, you put a lot of time and effort into that hunt. Nice to see your hard work paid off. Great video. Awesome job doing it solo. And as others have already stated, you did that cat a favor.
Neat video. Thanks
Very cool!
That is a great video. Thanks sharing.
Well done.
Originally Posted by Sycamore
did you figure out if it was a bad primer, light strike, or trigger issue?

I didn't look for the ejected shell although I should have..I will probably be back up later during deer season and will search for it.. First time for that gun to have a issue...Rem 700 in 260 Ackley.. Ol'reliable..Federal primer..

I had just adjusted the volume to where I liked it and was settling in for a stand until dark in a little more than a hour.. He came in so fast that he got under me to where the tripod wouldn't work..Then, I rushed the first shot shooting the stake off my decoy..LOL Click on the second try.. The third shot felt good and I wasn't surprised to find him around the corner.. I do have some footage of the blasting.. smile
That was awesome! Nice going on the Lion. From the second video, it looks like your second shot chamber was empty, and no shell ejected on the second shot attempt. Looks like it failed to pick up the second cartridge. Great recovery on that third shot though! Just awesome.
Santiam.

how'd that cat's teeth look? Old and worn or just a youngster having bad luck hunting.

And I think Capt Craig called it, looked like it never chambered a shell for the "second" shot.

Thanks for more wonderful videos.
Well, you boys are right...No shell on the second shot...I'll be damned.. Don't know what to think about that.. Hmmm??

Old cat..He was down to his last 2 canines..At the check in, the ODFW biologist thought in the 10 to 12 year old range...They took a tooth so I will find out eventually..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Damn, his grill don’t look too good!πŸ˜†

What did it weigh bill?
Good job!

You did him a favor.
© 24hourcampfire