Home
Posted By: skinner Wyoming unit 82 - 08/26/22
My sons and I will be headed to unit 82 in a few weeks for pronghorn. We would greatly appreciate any general information concerning that unit.
Thanks,
Skinner
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Wyoming unit 82 - 08/27/22
Don't know what covid effects have been, but the last time through, meeteetsee had two good bars. One had killer breakfast the other good pizza (and Alaskan amber on tap).

Never hunted goats, just birds, but I've seen a few around there. Bust out the glass and look a few over before you pull the trigger would be my suggestion.
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Wyoming unit 82 - 08/27/22
I have had good hunts thru the years at the Pitchfork Hunter Management Area just east of Pickett Creek. There is a large gently sloping plain between Carter Mt and the Greybull River that has plenty of speedgoats. I like it because it is at a higher elevation than a lot of Unit 82, a bit cooler and maybe more moisture too.

You have to go to the WGF website and find the HMA info to get a free permit, map, and area ranch specific rules. But not really too many hoops to jump to gain access to a good piece of property.

Another area you can add is the Greybull HMA, also lots of public land in the YU Bench region, a bit drier country but holds a fair # of goats.

One more thing, if you are looking for a real good trophy, you'll need to cover a lot of country and look over a bunch of animals, and still may not find one.
If looking for just a good representative sized buck, you will have a great time.
Posted By: Hoss05 Re: Wyoming unit 82 - 08/27/22
Thanks WYcoyote. I’m one of those sons.
Posted By: wytex Re: Wyoming unit 82 - 08/29/22
Check the weather before you come out, some of our roads can be undriveable when wet.
WYcoyote might have insight on those specific roads.

Good luck !
Posted By: skinner Re: Wyoming unit 82 - 08/29/22
Thanks folks for all the info. Just a month away!
Posted By: USAFArky Re: Wyoming unit 82 - 09/20/22
Shoot straight and good luck!
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Wyoming unit 82 - 10/05/22
So how did the hunt go?
Posted By: skinner Re: Wyoming unit 82 - 10/07/22
My two sons and I killed three beautiful goats. Mine on the 29th, my younger son on the 30th, and my other son on the 1st of October. All three involved some lengthy stalks. Rained every day but we had a blast!
© 24hourcampfire