Home
My son drew one of 5 tags in our area of NW Wyoming inn a random draw. Crazy lucky. We went out 4 different weekend trips. Weekend before last we saw 12 moose and 7 bulls. Found this one but he gave us the slip chasing a cow through the willows.

Found him again last weekend. My dad was able to join us as well. 1 shot with a 129 grain lrx out of his 270 Weatherby put the moose down. Was not a long shot and thankfully not a real long pack either.

We were the last tag filled and the largest one this year in our unit based on what the game warden said. Great hunt with both of my boys and my dad. Thrilled to have the opportunity and so grateful to go with my sons.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That’s super cool. Congratulations
Congrats to your son! That's a tough tag to get, glad he got it done.

[img]https://imgur.com/a/6gaNLxx[/img]
Congratulations, that’s an awesome hunt.
Good Work Fellas!! Congratulations,,,,,,,,,
That’s awesome!
Congratulations on the bull.
Great hunt, thanks for sharing!
Originally Posted by Partagas

Thanks for sharing.

Great pic.

Get that framed and on the wall.
That's awesome - made even better with 3 generations of hunters. Congrats all around.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Thanks for sharing.

Great pic.

Amen!!!!
Way cool!
Fantastic
Unforgettable memories, congrats.
Congrats to all. Great Pics. What an awesome opportunity to do it with the family. Good job, well done.
awesome, and a freezer full of excellent meat.
Sweet!! Congrats
Well done
Nice one. Congrats.
Congrats! And thanks for posting the great pictures!!
Congrats...........!

Always wanted a Moose hunt
I'm fighting the urge to put that photo on MY refrigerator.

Fantastic family picture that should get passed down!

Congratulations to all of you!!
Very nice, congrats to your son.
Awesome
Nice bull. I can only wish.
Congrats to all of you - Well Done!
Tell him well done.

Out of curiosity - here in ID, we can only get 1 bull and 1 cow in a lifetime. I got my bull about 20 years ago. If you score in WY, can you apply again?
Here in so. central ID, the moose population is growing rapidly. I've seen about 15 this summer, including a really nice bull that walked through our camp by firelight last weekend.
Congratulations. That looks like an awesome hunt!
congrats, nice the family had a good time . ya'll need to do that all ya'll can
Congratulations to you and your son! [Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]
Cheers.

Bucket list for sure. To do at 18 is incredible.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Tell him well done.

Out of curiosity - here in ID, we can only get 1 bull and 1 cow in a lifetime. I got my bull about 20 years ago. If you score in WY, can you apply again?
Here in so. central ID, the moose population is growing rapidly. I've seen about 15 this summer, including a really nice bull that walked through our camp by firelight last weekend.

It is now a once in a lifetime as of next year. The lucky bugger got in just before they changed it so once he acquires enough points and he is getting old like me he could possibly draw again. I am just getting close enough in points after 20+ years of applying that I can draw in some areas and others that are harder to draw in might be a few more years. That is if I don't get lucky and draw a random tag like he did.
Partagas;
Good afternoon sir, thanks so much for sharing the hunt story and photos with us.

Please pass along congratulations to your son on that wonderful bull. Unless I miss my guess, you're all in for some memorable table fare.

The 3 generation photo was a top trophy as well. Those who can do that are truly blessed, again very cool.

Thanks again and good hunting.

Dwayne
That's priceless.
Nice bull as well.
congrats
👍
Excellent in every aspect.
Congratulations. This is as good as it gets. The photo of your boys and father show what hunting is all about.
Congratulations to your son on his bull and you on your family. I'm sure we all love the family picture.
So great!
very cool! congratulations
Very cool! I’m jealous!

Todd

Thanks for sharing.

Great pic.

YEP!

That is a great picture. Classic looking and a definite two-cool.

cool cool
CONGRATULATIONS AND GREAT PICTURE!

Thanks for sharing.

Great pic.

+1 - Memories that will last a lifetime right there! Congratulations to all of you and thanks for sharing the pictures.
Good stuff!! Congrats to you both!
Nice little bull…….congratulations one the draw and the successful, enjoyable hunt! memtb
Awesome congrats!
Great bull
Great thread, pics and story!

Congrats!
Congratulations! I’m with the crowd that loves the 3 generation photo. Been trying for one of those either deer or elk for a while, grandsons knee surgery messed up this season’s opportunities. But I have an 8 year old great grandson so might get lucky & get 4 generations on an elk hunt.
© 24hourcampfire