Home
Posted By: sbhooper 140 Gold Dots in the Creed - 12/06/22
Anybody killed an elk with these? I have shot a number of deer and they perform fine. I am going to try them out on a cow elk in a few days. I have been impressed with them, the times that I used them. I usually have used my 7 mags on elk, but planning on something different this time.
Posted By: HadsDad Re: 140 Gold Dots in the Creed - 12/18/22
They work the same as a Federal Fusion. I haven't shot an elk with one, but have shot a truck load of hogs with them. They are a solid, unremarkable bullet.
If it's the same bullet as the Fusion, I've killed a number of big Roosevelt cows with them. All have been double lung pass throughs and one shot kills.
I'd certainly recommend them....
Well, the big cow elk got dead. No problem with the bullet. Thanks.
No way I’d take the creedless out for elk.
I'm sure they'd kill an elk. The 140eldm kills just fine, gold dots will too.
[quote=Hammer2506]No way I’d take the creedless out for elk.[/quote)

You obviously have not shot one much. They do just fine on lots of things. Does not take much looking to find the list of animals killed with them.

Use what you want. Lmao.
Posted By: Puddle Re: 140 Gold Dots in the Creed - 12/30/22
Originally Posted by sbhooper
[quote=Hammer2506]No way I’d take the creedless out for elk.[/quote)

You obviously have not shot one much. They do just fine on lots of things. Does not take much looking to find the list of animals killed with them.

Use what you want. Lmao.

Yup. Everytime I hear and read something like that I picture the old-timey gun counter guy who thinks a 300WM is barely adequate on elk. As a club, I imagine...
Two rather large mule deer from 80-100 yards out and complete penetration, in one side out the other with the Federal Fusions 150 grain. I would think they would be up for an elk hunt, maybe go 180 grain!
All depends. If you have a cow tag, have at it. If you're going after a mature bull, then there are better options out there.
© 24hourcampfire