Home
I will be applying for elk in the Black Hills, Elk in Custer State Park, Antelope western South Dakota, Whitetail in Eastern South Dakota, Muzzle Loader whitetail in South Dakota, Mt. Goat in Black Hills, Bighorn Sheep in the Black Hills, perhaps Bison in Western South Dakota, Elk and deer in Wyoming, whitetail in the Black Hills, whitetail Western South Dakota and Muzzle loader elk in New Mexico.
If I can get one of my hunting partners interested a hunt in Texas for Water Buffalo would also be on the list.
Wyoming antelope unit 7. I have 5 points I want to burn
Texas
Within 100 miles from the house! memtb
Maryland - Sika deer
Hogs in South Texas, mule deer in SW Kansas and maybe an axis on my property here in Texas.
Wyoming and maybe Texas.
Montana
Hopefully turkey in Alabama, Florida and Texas. Deer and other stuff, Alabama (home).
Colorado mule deer and antelope
Wyoming antelope
deep south Texas Axis, Fallow, Blackbuck, Red deer, and Aoudad

FjLee
Denver,Colorado
Burnet Texas
Unit 91 in WY for pronghorn, TX for whitetails and red deer hind
Arizona for bull elk and elk, deer and javelina here in New Mexico.
Alaska. smile
Definitely here in South Carolina. Hope I can get to Northern NY and/or north central Missouri.
My back yard!

Delta Junction, Alaska
TX for deer, hogs and turkey. SD for Pads,and NC for a black bear if I can....
Hope to hunt Missouri and Oklahoma
For sure Oregon elk. Maybe deer. Been crap for years now.
Applying in AZ elk and maybe NM
Might apply in Wy for a guided youth for my son, and talking to a friend in Utah as well
Texas!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

plus ya' never can tell what targets of opportunity just might stroll by that can be taken 24/7/365

All DIY on low fence/no fence tresspass leases.

ya!

GWB
Texas
Originally Posted by moosemike

Are you using an outfitter or DIY?
Antelope in Wyoming and Coues in Arizona.
Here in CO for antelope, whitetail, and turkey- Texas for hogs.
Maui for Axis. Montana for elk, antelope, mulies, whitetail and upland birds. If, if that is, I draw a sheep tag it will be within 1 hour of home. MTG
Here
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Originally Posted by moosemike

Are you using an outfitter or DIY?
DIY
Elk in Wyoming. Deer/Turkey in MO & KS.
New Mexico cow elk
Sure hope I draw a Texas hunt again.
Hogs in FL, Kodiak for bear, my usual moose, and hoping to draw... and lots of small game.
Wyoming for everything I can draw a license for and Texas for hogs end of Feb.
Might use my Colorado deer PPs this year as well.
With my Dad. Hopefully there are many seasons to go, but you never can tell. The flu and Covid kept us from hunting together much this year.
Here for goat, sheep, and moose. Will likely be scouting new areas for all this year unfortunately. May hunt caribou, but they are in the same boat - need to find a new area.

Would like to get down south for some birds as well.
Arizona and possibly Wyoming.
Around home in N Arkansas suits me fine
Land of Oz - Kansas
Bugger: Antelope, Elk, Deer, Moose, Bighorn Sheep, Mt. Goat, Buffalo in special draw units of Montana.
Wish me luck - I really need it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Colorado for elk, everything else in Alabama this year.
Hoping to draw a Kodiak Island Mt. Goat tag. I’m eating till the results of that draw come out in February before applying for other stuff out of state. Will hunt deer, hogs, turkey and small game here in Georgia.
Thought after 2022 I'd take it easy this year but looks like deer now in KS, IA, and CO. Bears in CO. And really wanting to get to Montana, ND, and SD for birds. Should be good.
Be headed up to South Dakota for my first ever pheasant hunt this fall. Just got into dove and quail hunting this last year so am really looking forward to it.
I'm hoping to book a guided air rifle hunt for the wily iguana, in the Florida backcountry.
Five miles East of here, in the shadow of the Blue Ridge along the Shenandoah River. Same as last season, the year before, and so on and so on…….
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Five miles East of here, in the shadow of the Blue Ridge along the Shenandoah River.

Nice! Did a fair bit of hunting west of there up near Fulk's Run.
First up is SD spring turkey, then Manitoba for archery bear in May. This fall will be whatever I draw for turkey, deer, antelope, Mt. Goat and elk in SD.
Originally Posted by travelingman1
Be headed up to South Dakota for my first ever pheasant hunt this fall. Just got into dove and quail hunting this last year so am really looking forward to it.

Get WAY out in front of the bird. If you shoot them in the "middle" you'll drop their legs and they'll keep flying. Because of the long tail, the middle of a pheasant is his arse. Focus not just on the head, but, on the BEAK. You'll kill more that way rather than wounding or missing. Take your time, pheasants are huge and SLOW compared to any of the clay pigeon shooting sports. Take your time, find the beak and then shoot. With rare exception, the person who shoots 1st is almost always just the person who can miss the fastest.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Texas

The more I hunt in Texas, the more I want to hunt in Texas.

Expat
California
Kansas
Idaho

Hopefully I can get this done.
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK
Texas

The more I hunt in Texas, the more I want to hunt in Texas.

Expat

It's on my bucket list.
Alaska

1 bull moose tag, 3 black bear tags = free
1 brown/griz tag = $25.00

no draw over the counter tags, general hunt on public land

base camp is my property, 100 yards, cross a creek and the hunt is on

...[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
New Mexico elk this October. Taking our son on his first elk hunt. Stoaked!
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Five miles East of here, in the shadow of the Blue Ridge along the Shenandoah River.

Nice! Did a fair bit of hunting west of there up near Fulk's Run.

That’s a good bit to the South. I used to hunt near there at Liberty Furnace on Wolf Mountain (IIRC) right on the WV line. Was in a hunt club, but got lost in the shuffle when I changed my mailing address. Never killed a deer there, but did get a couple of turkeys and grouse.

I’m in Jefferson County, the Eastern Panhandle. The WMA I hunt is just about right for a creaky old fat man.
Spring turkey in South Dakota and Wyoming and here in Missouri.
Depending on draws, maybe Montana for deer and or antelope.
Deer in Missouri and possibly Illinois, depending on Montana draws.

If I don't draw Unimak island brown bear for spring 2024, may head to British Columbia for mountain lion.
We'll see what the NM draw brings, but I am guessing nothing.

Other than that, I suspect I will pull a Montana general deer tag. Will buy points there for moose/goat/sheep.
Will for sure hunt Idaho for general deer and elk. I will apply for sheep there too but don't have my hopes up.
In Alaska I will go for moose, sheep, grizzly and caribou. I am in for brown bear, rosie elk, goat, bison and musk ox but again, don't have my hopes up. There's always the odd chance at a wolf or wolverine. Missed a wolf last weekfrown.

I'll just buy points in Maine and Wyoming. I quit playing the points game in other states.
Turkeys in MT, WA, OR, NE, FLA and Mexico for Gould's (not USA I know! :))

Elk in MT and hopefully AZ.

Deer in MT and hopefully KS.

Waterfowl and upland game birds in MT and SD.

Sheep hunt in the Yukon in August.

Going to be a fun '23 I hope!

Sounds like you gents have some great hunts lined up too, good luck men!
Elk in MT

Ducks and geese in peace river valley, if not that trip, then Nodak.

Pheasants in Sodak.

Ducks in Arkansas

Deer in TN and AL.

Can pull all of the above off if I go half time this year.
Do Do Do Looking Out My Back Door. My plan for this year was to hunt my popup that's been sitting about 150 yards from my patio. I officially retired last year although I actually quit working in the spring of 2021. I didn't hunt at all in 2021 since we were in the process of buying this place and getting started moving in. Put the popup up in July so the Deer would get used to seeing it and hearing it when the wind was blowing. Killed a nice buck and have let a bunch more walk on. Expect to be right here in the same place hunting the same deer next year. Would love to be able to hunt some of the rough places I have hunted in the past but I'm getting old and my back has been broke three times and I have the COPD pretty bad so most days I do good to make the 150 yards to the stand I have here. Would really love to kill a bear but I guess at this point that ain't gonna happen. Had to get rid of my horses after breaking the back the last time , figured I couldn't get in the saddle anymore without a stump so I just gave them to some kids that wanted something to ride.
Elk in WYO with my 32 YO son - guided/horseback/wilderness (still have to draw the tag - worried about point creep)
Speedgoat in UT (should draw with my 14 pts)
Cali or RM Bighorn (please let me win the lotto in UT or NV - have 15 - 20 points)
Deer in AK (they give us 6 tags per year at no cost)
Caribou in Central AK (if I draw - north of Denali NP)
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'm hoping to book a guided air rifle hunt for the wily iguana, in the Florida backcountry.

Pray for cold weather !!!
Colorado & Ohio. I've got a couple of fishing trips. 1 is a fly in walleye/pike---Ontario The 2nd is an AK trip for halibut & salmon.
As always, New Hampshire and Maine for grouse and deer; hopefully, for moose in Maine crazy!
Just my usual deer and elk here in Montana.

I'm thinking of applying for antelope in a closer unit than I regularily go to for them, but the odds of drawing that tag are lower.

I apply for our big three (or 4 with buffalo) every year, but even with my maximum number of "bonus" points, squared, the odds of drawing one of those tags is less than the interest rates that banks pay on savings accounts.

On the bright side, I am booked for an Alberta moose hunt in September. I was schedualed to go last year but couldn't because of Canada's STUPID covid rules.
Colorado for elk with my son in September. This will be his first trip out west and for elk. Should be fun.
Putting in for Moose in a couple states and hunting deer in CT as usual.
Right here in Idaho.
Benezette Pa.
WY & SD
Originally Posted by Teeder
Benezette Pa.

Yeah I'm hoping for that one too
I got the hunting fever bad this year. Brown/black bear this spring. On a list if someone cancels to fly out of fairbanks for moose. Might need to track down someone for that hunt if the pilot calls and a spot opens up. A long shot. If that doesn't pan out I will boat my 100 miles for a rainforest moose hunt. Got a pilot lined up for a goat hunt in the misty fjords. Need to nail down a buddy for that one too but it's difficult as it's totally weather dependent and most people have jobs. If I don't get that weather window I might boat 150+ miles and do a late season goat hunt. And lots and lots of deer hunting. Got rifle and gear ready. Want to get that new exo k4 pack.
New Mexico pronghorns 🤞
Am staying here in the northwest this year. Washington mostly, for birds, deer, elk and bear. Hope to get a friend of mine on his first bear. Idaho for spring bear! Looking forward to that. Already got to Oregon in January for cow elk. Might make it back to Oregon for some varmint shooting this spring as well.

GWB, looks like you've got your chunk of Texas pretty doggone well figured out!

Guy
Got drawn for Arizona bull elk. Don't know the dates just yet, it will be either the first or second week in December.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Got drawn for Arizona bull elk. Don't know the dates just yet, it will be either the first or second week in December.

Congrats! That should be quite a hunt.
Yup!

Now the hard part is the waiting till December!
At my age, I’ll hopefully hunt right here in Western Kentucky.
Originally Posted by WAM
Colorado for elk, everything else in Alabama this year.
Adding spring turkey at our place in E. WA next month.
Wyoming
Texas. Next week.
4-6 hunts in AZ for coues and mule deer, 1 AZ elk hunt, deer in NM, deer in CO, elk in ID, might get lucky in NV...
Black Bear, moose, ducks, and deer here. Probably Texas in November on some property my buddy bought just west of Rocksprings. Lots of different critters down there to shoot!
Texas. Next week.
What are you hunting Poobah?
home state and Montana
I'm staying close go home this year after hunting CO & WY for the last 3 years. Just VA and WV for deer bear and turkey this fall.

Come fishing trips lined up though
Whitetails in Arkansas and Alabama. Pheasant in Kansas, and elk in New Mexico.
The swamp back of the house
The Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.
Originally Posted by LBP
Texas. Next week.
What are you hunting Poobah?

Hogs
I’d love to hunt some elk in Wyoming or Colorado
Already drawn for NV mule deer. Not sure I can see much past that.
I plan to hunt whitetail in VA, NC and OH. Turkeys and small game in VA and NC. Will add Kansas next year.
For me it’s W.Va and Kentucky for deer this year - staying home for early archery then bailing out for a solo 30 day roadtrip to explore what those two states offer. Pretty pumped. I do the same thing for fishing and it’s worked out pretty good.
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Already drawn for NV mule deer. Not sure I can see much past that.

That is outstanding! Ruby’s?
Wyoming! hopefully speedgoats
Here at home I hope. Just depends on the draw and how many people from the valley apply for tags in my area. First three years of the draw I didn't draw even one time! Didn't hunt either and then it just cost me money to get in on the draw! Don't recall how much then but today it's $8. Met a guy from Joesepth in NE Oregon couldn't draw a tag near home so didn't hunt either. He would have had to drive some 300 mi to get an over the counter tag where all those other people came from!
© 24hourcampfire