Home
Posted By: luv2safari Any NV Draw Results Yet? - 05/19/23
They are supposed to be out no later than today, but per usual they're late.

I think I struck out completely again. No big game hunting in my native state for a third year in a row. I see no related charges on my CC, which indicates unsuccessful draw results.
Still not out. I'm also waiting to see if I drew something.
Posted By: Switch Re: Any NV Draw Results Yet? - 05/19/23
There were 85,000 applications for 18,000 total tags, all species, all weapons. Too many people,and thanks to our Dept of Wildlife, too little game. We have lots of horses though!
Results are up!
I haven't seen any yet. That scares me. They sure took my application money.
Logged in to NDOW

All Red, No tags of any kind.

This was my last chance to hunt my home state.
I travel over to the Sheldon Refuge a lot, and the adjoining Hart Mtn Refuge...I think around 1,300 sq miles of country, reasonably well watered...number of mulies and antelope and chukar and sagehen is a tiny fraction of what it used to carry. What happened? Drought? Disease? Predators? Too many biologists?
Posted By: 338reddog Re: Any NV Draw Results Yet? - 05/19/23
No luck
Maybe on the dream hunt draw. Ya right!
Wyo elk tag in the bag and now to decide if Im burning Deer and Antelope points in Wyo!
Hope you guys draw a Nevada tag
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I travel over to the Sheldon Refuge a lot, and the adjoining Hart Mtn Refuge...I think around 1,300 sq miles of country, reasonably well watered...number of mulies and antelope and chukar and sagehen is a tiny fraction of what it used to carry. What happened? Drought? Disease? Predators? Too many biologists?

A 40+ year drought cycle, mining, proliferation of atv/utv use, crazy growth in the state as CA flees to here, West Nile Virus, 67,000 FERAL horses, too many biologists instead of game wardens, increasing loss of habitat due to fires as a result of cheat-grass, poaching...again mining is a cause, no doubt a lot of other minor reasons...

The climate has changed here in the eastern shadow of the Sierras over the last 50 years. We're hotter and drier.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Any NV Draw Results Yet? - 05/20/23
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Logged in to NDOW

All Red, No tags of any kind.

This was my last chance to hunt my home state.

That makes me very sad to hear. I’m a ways behind you, but damn it. I’m in on the outfitters draw for Muley in 11, 13 so I know I have at least that this year.
Posted By: KBL702 Re: Any NV Draw Results Yet? - 05/20/23
Four applications, no hits. Again. No tags since 2013.
4 apps 1 Muzzy cow, 1 rifle cow, 1 late deer all Non Res
Zip here.
Shot down in flames....again. 🔥🔥🔥
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Any NV Draw Results Yet? - 06/02/23
Nada!
But I shot a decent Mulie there last year so it would have been dumb luck to draw this year or the next couple.....
Posted By: memtb Re: Any NV Draw Results Yet? - 06/04/23
I didn’t apply for anything, but judging from last night’s news…..I’m thinking about going there for some duck hunting! 🙀 memtb
Nothing here, guiding does satiate the hunting crave and don't have to carry a gun.
Posted By: Switch Re: Any NV Draw Results Yet? - 06/19/23
Too many people and too damn few animals. NDOW can't help themselves from issuing doe and cow tags. When you are trying to build a herd don't ship the hefers!
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Any NV Draw Results Yet? - 06/19/23
I didn’t put in for tags this year, it’s getting to where I can’t leave the wife for more than a few hours at a time.
My hunting buds that put in as a party didn’t draw either; last tags we got were in 2021.
Seems like we averaged getting NV tags about every third year.
© 24hourcampfire