Home
Posted By: BooBear Hunting bullets online - 06/30/23
Where is the best place to order bullets online?
I use Midway.
Posted By: Stammster Re: Hunting bullets online - 06/30/23
Bullets or loaded ammo?

For bullets
Midway, Grice, BlueCollar, SPS (Nosler 2nds)
Posted By: BooBear Re: Hunting bullets online - 06/30/23
Bullets
Posted By: pete53 Re: Hunting bullets online - 06/30/23
Hammer bullets direct has great copper bullets
Posted By: LouisB Re: Hunting bullets online - 06/30/23
Mid South Shooters Supply gets most of my business.
Midway the rest.
Posted By: Gojoe Re: Hunting bullets online - 06/30/23
I usually buy bullets at Midway or Graff and sons. However if you are looking for Hornady bullets it pays to check Kittery Trading Post. Even during the dry spell that had some and reasonable shipping.
Posted By: Garandimal Re: Hunting bullets online - 06/30/23
Originally Posted by LouisB
Midway the rest.

Yep.

GR
Posted By: pricedo Re: Hunting bullets online - 06/30/23
... was doing some late spring cleaning today and under an inch of dust in the back of a cupboard found three unopened boxes of 50 x @500 grain RN .459" dia lead bullets from Rushmore Ammo and Supply Co., Rapid City SD ... they're lubed and in pretty good condition ... don't even remember when or how I got them???
Posted By: hanco Re: Hunting bullets online - 06/30/23
I use Midway, but they are high. LG Outdoors has good prices
Posted By: 444afic Re: Hunting bullets online - 06/30/23
Midsouth or Midway. Also search ammoseek.com. I've found some good deals there from Red River Reloading and Green Top, two companies I had never heard of before seeing them on ammoseek.
Posted By: BooBear Re: Hunting bullets online - 06/30/23
Thanks for the information, now all I have to do is find them in stock
Posted By: WMR Re: Hunting bullets online - 06/30/23
These days, it depends on what you’re seeking. Most common Hornady bullets are widely available. Noslers or Swift, not so much. Often a particular bullet can be found by watching Gunbroker or even the classifieds here. As a last resort, a WTB ad in the classifieds here can work. For the OP, what are you looking for?
Posted By: 7887mm08 Re: Hunting bullets online - 06/30/23
Blue Collar Reloading
Can not say enough good about this company!
Posted By: BooBear Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/01/23
120 Serria in 6.5 cal
Posted By: 270cowboy Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/01/23
+1 for Blue Collar Reloading
88 boxes in stock
120 grain sierra hpbt
Posted By: BooBear Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/01/23
I don't want HP, looking for a hunting bullet
Posted By: Dinny Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/01/23
The classifieds section on this website.
Posted By: shaman Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/01/23
I split my business between:

Grafs
Midway
MidSouth
Natchez
Powder Valley

Somebody always has a sale. Somebody, when you figure in shipping, etc. is cheaper than the others. Lately, it comes down mostly to who has the most items I want in stock.
Posted By: southtexas Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/01/23
Originally Posted by BooBear

Not all HPs are varmint bullets. There are some excellent HP big game Bullets.
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/01/23
Originally Posted by southtexas
Originally Posted by BooBear

Not all HPs are varmint bullets. There are some excellent HP big game Bullets.
There sure are!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/01/23
I just bought a couple of boxes of 165gr .308 blems from SPS, first I’ve seen for a while, though I don’t check often. After I ordered, I checked and found firsts elsewhere for a bit more money, but after shipping I still saved $8, $.08 apiece, and the blems have always shot just fine.

I load those and Accubonds of the same weight interchangeably in the .308, whichever I have.

There are very few if any gaps in my bullet pile now. Guess I need to create some…..
There is no "best" place online to my knowledge, I typically shop around at Midway, Midsouth, Grafs, Natchez and a couple of others.

The fast way is to use ammoseek.com or wikiarms.com which will check multiple sites in seconds.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/02/23
⬆️

What he said. If you aren’t shopping around for pretty much everything, you’re losing out and often paying too much.

His list is the same one I use. Local shops are mostly a waste of time as there are just too many bullets out there for them to keep up.
Posted By: RickinTN Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/03/23
Midsouth or Powder Valley. Midway is too high priced for me.
Good Luck,
Rick
Posted By: duke61 Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/03/23
If you're looking for specific bullets, put an ad in the classifieds for what you're looking for and you'll usually get offers.
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by LouisB
Midway the rest.

Yep.

GR
This and powder valley. When I’m not buying locally. Well, sans midway. Don’t like those guys much.
Is Swift still producing A-Frame bullets? I’ve occasionally looked over the past year and have not seen any available in either .277, .284 or .308.
Posted By: dirtyharry Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/05/23
Tag
Posted By: BlackHunter Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/11/23
Originally Posted by AdventureBound
Is Swift still producing A-Frame bullets? I’ve occasionally looked over the past year and have not seen any available in either .277, .284 or .308.

Sign up for their email alerts. You’ll get an email notification when the item is back in stock.

They do not bombard you with a ton of emails. Just notify you when the specific item you want is in stock.
MidwayUSA, Midsouth, and Grafs are the three I’ve used most.

Nosler’s Shooter’s Pro Shop has also been great.
Posted By: JoshK Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/14/23
SPS or the classified adds here honestly. Someone here will have what you are looking for. 👍🏻
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/21/23
Add RavenRocksPrecisions.com to the list of suppliers. Just used for the first time and was quick and not outrageously priced.
Posted By: WMR Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/22/23
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Add RavenRocksPrecisions.com to the list of suppliers. Just used for the first time and was quick and not outrageously priced.

I just got some 30 Cal 180gr Norma Oryx bullets there at a very good price, at least by today’s standard.
I am within an hour driving s distance of either midway or graf. They get most of my business unless I’m buying Nosler, then it is SPS. Making a run into St Louis today to hit one of mh favorite shops. Looking for a specific powder and brass.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
⬆️

What he said. If you aren’t shopping around for pretty much everything, you’re losing out and often paying too much.

His list is the same one I use. Local shops are mostly a waste of time as there are just too many bullets out there for them to keep up.

It must suck balls where you live. Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri?? I always find great deals locally.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These are some I bought yesterday. Also with a 10% discount at this store in July. IF I buy online, it is mainly through Midsouth.
Posted By: Cascade Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/22/23
BSA, that's one heck of a haul of good bullets!

Guy
Posted By: Masshunter Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/23/23
Midway
Posted By: ShadeTree Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/23/23
I've gotten great deals both locally and occasionally a really good deal shows up online. Midway I've used quite a bit for bullets over the yrs when they're cheap and offering free shipping.

The bulk of my stuff came from anytime I ran across a good deal locally. I've never purchased powder or primers online. Bullets is wherever I find a deal, local or online. 2 mo's ago I got a whole stash of 30 cal. Sierra 150gr pro-hunter's from a sale they were running at Optics Planet. Never purchased from them before but they were CHEAP so I went all in. $22.75 a box. Total cost was $24.11 per box tax included, to my door. Free shipping.

That was cheaper by quite a bit on those then pre-pandemic or pre-biden. I see Optics Planet now has that same bullet priced at $45.49.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/23/23
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
⬆️

It must suck balls where you live. Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri?? I always find great deals locally.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These are some I bought yesterday. Also with a 10% discount at this store in July. IF I buy online, it is mainly through Midsouth.

This is a wonderful place to live, but we haven’t had a large outdoor store nearby since Gander shut down, and they had gone sour long before that when they were bought out. A Sprtsmans Warehouse just opened up in Winchester and I’ll check it out soon, but mostly for shotshells as I have oodles and oodles of bullets, and ones I use, not just bargains purchased because they were cheap. Coupla months ago I bought 800 Speer 40 and 46gr .224s for an average of $.11 a pop with free shipping from the comfort of my power-reclining sofa, saving me time, gas, and cash. Buying online also allows me to keep an eye on my Chinese gardener to be certain she’s not goofing off.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/23/23
Grafs
Natchez
Midsouth Shooters
Midway USA
Are the places I look first in that order.
Posted By: Joaa Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/26/23
Tuff to get
Posted By: tdoyka Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/27/23
Powder Valley
Grafs
Natchez
Midsouth
Midway

it depends what is on sale and/or shipping.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/27/23
Originally Posted by tdoyka
Powder Valley
Grafs
Natchez
Midsouth
Midway

Same here and the Nosler Pro Shop for me.
Over the last two months I have purchased a bunch of seconds from Midway. One lot needed cleaned up a bit before loading. At the price; not a problem. I purchased nothing I would be afraid to toss at a deer, and got 160s in 7mm which would make good elk bullets.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/27/23
Try googling what you want, put "For sale" on the end.

🤔🤔🤔🤔
Posted By: Goomba777 Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/29/23
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by tdoyka
Powder Valley
Grafs
Natchez
Midsouth
Midway

Same here and the Nosler Pro Shop for me.
Yes Shop these But usually Precision Reloading in Mitchell , SD is where I end up buying.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Hunting bullets online - 07/30/23
I’ve cut way down on spending as I am pretty well stocked up, but SPS, Bluecollar Reloading, Grices, and Midway USA, have gotten a lot of my money the last three years. Local stores do as well if there prices are close to what I can order it at for. I’d rather shop local, but when some prices are 25-50% higher than online with the shipping included, I’ll shop online.
© 24hourcampfire