Home
y 12 year old daughter had the good fortune to draw her 1st pronghorn antelope tag this past fall. We had a great time looking for speedgoats, but we weren't able to get out for the opener weekend, which made for a tougher hunt, but ultimately more rewarding.

I bumped the kids up this past fall from the venerable 22-250 to the 6.5 CM for a little more power. I decided to take the plunge and invest in Sig's BDX range finding binos, and scope, and so far am happy with the results. (I explain a little more of that in the video) We used 129 grain Barnes TSX bullets, and in the video you can see the results speak for themselves. I know many guys love to hate on the 6.5CM, but I really enjoy it, and we used it for around a dozen harvests this year, with nary a hiccup.

Hope you enjoy!

Enjoyed that alot, thanks for sharing it with us. Congrats to you both!
Your daughter's smile and joy after the shot are infectious. Congrats to the young lady!
Outstanding. Well done
That’s pretty cool!
great video ! congratulations!
Nothing wrong with the Creed, great round
nice work you two, she should be hooked now!
Outstanding! Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely awesome experience and great video.
Super
Awesome
Great post. Thank you. Congratulations to the young lady.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Your daughter's smile and joy after the shot are infectious. Congrats to the young lady!

Agree with Jordan. Whatever it takes to get those kids immersed in animal conservation, even if it is labeled Creedmoor.
What a sweetheart! A big congratulations to your daughter and her daddy!!
nice speed goat!!!
That was exceptionally fun to watch. Good camera work, you both are naturals. Love to watch the mentoring, obvious you have spent much time together in the outdoors.

Big congrats to Grace! She did awesome!
Nice work. And good on you for getting closer.
Congrats to father and daughter!! Nice buck!!
Wow! Great video. Good sportsmanship.
WTG
Congratulations young lady!
That is excellent!
No job in this world is better than being a Dad. Congratulations to you and your daughter. Well done!
memories forever!
Outstanding!

Thanks for sharing your hunt 👍
Fantastic!
Good job dad. Not only will she never forget it but you are setting an example of what a DAD is supposed to do..mb
Outstanding. Good job dad and daughter!

Lou
What a great post! Thanks for sharing
That was a great video. Hunting with kids and seeing their excitement and love for hunting is one of life’s great pleasures.
Great times there….enjoy them while they are young, be grown and gone so to speak before you know it. You raising them right.
Nicely done. Congrats to you and your daughter
That's awesome. Enjoyed watching it. Congrats Grace!

The 6.5 CM is great for women and kids...and weaklings like me.
That was great, my wife even enjoyed, watching it.
Outstanding indeed! You taught her well. I'm proud of you both, ha! I have always thought of the Creedmoor as "a Modern .257 Roberts", meaning used the same way. I also believe that the 120-130gr weight bullets for it are "perfect" for deer/antelope. Great memories Dad! P.S. "don't allow her to Date until she is out of College"! lol
Fantastic! Awesome lifetime memory made right there, Grace did outstanding!

Congrats to you both! Be well.
Outstanding!
You know, people without true knowledge, think Antelope are an easy target, just standing out in the wide open.

My first Antelope hunt was about 10 thwarted stalks, 20-25 mph winds, roughly 5 miles of walking over 3 days. I enjoyed it, but……….
Well done, congratulations! What suppressor is that on your CM?
Awesome work dad!
Congratulations to you both ! Very well done and your daughter was composed like a pro.
Thanks for sharing that
Originally Posted by LifebytheHorns
y 12 year old daughter had the good fortune to draw her 1st pronghorn antelope tag this past fall. We had a great time looking for speedgoats, but we weren't able to get out for the opener weekend, which made for a tougher hunt, but ultimately more rewarding.

I bumped the kids up this past fall from the venerable 22-250 to the 6.5 CM for a little more power. I decided to take the plunge and invest in Sig's BDX range finding binos, and scope, and so far am happy with the results. (I explain a little more of that in the video) We used 129 grain Barnes TSX bullets, and in the video you can see the results speak for themselves. I know many guys love to hate on the 6.5CM, but I really enjoy it, and we used it for around a dozen harvests this year, with nary a hiccup.

Hope you enjoy!

Older BDX doesn't work past 800 for us on the 6.5 cm. But so far once we tweeked it in, its been deadly reliable out to almost 600 yards easily on game and to 775 ish on targets with the binoculars paired.

Will take a look at the video in a bit. Thanks for sharing.
Enjoyed that. Well done both you and your daughter.
Very cool video. Congrats! My deer hunting kid is also Grace - she's coming up on 21 in May and loves to hunt deer and rabbits.
Thanks guys! Really appreciate the kind words!

Gracie is my middle child. She is very kind, thoughtful, gentle, and feminine. Out of my 3 I always figured she would be the least likely to enjoy hunting.... I was wrong. She really enjoys going with me, and while I don't know if it's just 1 on 1 time with dad, or being outdoors, I'll take it!

I think she was excited, because she generally struggles with making good shots. Her older sister and younger brother are pretty deadly, but their personalities lend themselves to that killer instinct. Grace is just a very slooooow, and methodical kid, and a perfectionist, which is sometimes frustrating when trying to get her to make a shot. I think just making a shot that dropped it, made her very relieved and excited! Not to mention she probably could see I was pretty geeked as well. additionally we had not had much luck up until that point, and time was running out, so I just think it all combined to get her pretty stoked! Nothing like enjoying hunting with your kids...
Super awesome. Love it
6.5 Creedmoor shows it’s stuff again, works for me too.
Congratulations to you and your daughter! Awesome Dad taking your kids hunting. Keep up the good work buddy!

Ron
Congrats to the young lady
Nice job all around!

There’s very few memories that can match the one you just made. Those intangibles are what makes us rich irregardless of our bank account balance. 👍🏼
That was pretty special indeed.
Really outstanding and high fives to Grace! Making me want a 6.5 Creed but, I'm devoted to the 7X57.
Great job Dad, and a big congrats to the both of you. A 350 yard shot in the fog for her first antelope is just outstanding. Great hunt, video, and shot. It doesn't get any better than that. They only shoot their first one once. Memories for a lifetime.
Great video thanks
I love seeing videos like this! Congrats to Grace, and dad!
© 24hourcampfire