Home
Posted By: greyghost1 7mm partition availability - 02/18/24
Are Nosler partitions no longer being commercially sold in any box stores ? I have shot them in 7/08 & 280 Remington for years, & since covid have been a hard time finding any commercial loads. I am down to a box or two of each & was hoping to pick some up when I am MN in April but can't find anywhere where the aren't sold out or discontinued. Don't really want to switch to the accubond but it looks like it is inevitable unless I start reloading which I really have no interest in doing. Same for the A-frame in 300 rum, it seems like everything I shoot is scarce anymore.
Good luck. I cant find 160 7mm partitions anywhere. Is Nosler not making Partitions any longer?
In stock at Scheels
They will ship to you
I know a guy with 10 bags of 50 160 gr 7mm Partitions for sale, if you don’t mind factory blems.

He’s got 160 gr AccuBonds too.

P
Thanks for that heads up. Just ordered a box from Scheels.

Now, if anyone knows a source for RL-25. I am down to half a pound.
Posted By: elkmen1 Re: 7mm partition availability - 02/23/24
I have not had a problem with finding the partitions, but I found out that the 180 AB's, provided better accuracy in both my 280AI and 300 WM. I believe that the PT's do a little better job on elk, but I have yet to have an elk walk away from 160, or 180 AB. If you can't find them, keep an eye on SPS and pick up some blemished AB's
Press on the link for your bullets.
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter

Stopped by one of my local gun/reloading shops yesterday, they had a several varieties of Alliant powders, RL-16, 22, 19, 15, but no RL-25, however, what they had was 70 dollars per lb. Im soooo glad I have a lifetime supply of IMR 4831, 7828, 4895, Big Game, and Varget. All was bought well before the China-demic when it was affordable.

They had many varieties of bullets but no Partitions. They had 4 boxes of 7mm 140 gr Accubonds. 50 bucks per box
I hoarded enough 160s for a lifetime.
A guy will have to pay up.

https://ammoseek.com/reloading/bullets/.284-diameter/Nosler-160grains
My Partitions arrived from Scheels. I still have 40 rounds loaded, a half a pound of RL 25, and plenty of Fed mag primers.
I know there are other bullets that will work for elk, but my load is very accurate in my rifle and I do not want to have to work up a different load with the limited availability and current prices of components. I would still like to find a pound of powder then I will be set for the remaining of my days.
Curiously , I did not see 160 gr Partitions listed on the Nosler's website , unless I am blind.......
https://www.nosler.com/products/bullets/product-line/partitionr.html

Wait, what?

SPS has them listed, but OOS.

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Yea see I was not blind , thankfully I have enough for me.......
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Yea see I was not blind , thankfully I have enough for me.......

Hey, they have 150's in stock. For $81.49/box. Hot damn!!! Better get you some, at those blow out prices!!!
Posted By: GSPfan Re: 7mm partition availability - 02/28/24
$81.49/box!!! They should be turned into the DEA it's apparent there on some drug LOL
They had 150gr accubonds there a few days ago for $33.50. You should have snagged some as they kill just as well as a partition.
SPS has 150's.
Posted By: elkmen1 Re: 7mm partition availability - 03/07/24
SPS has 180 AB, blems for $35.00. Also 150 gr, 7MM AB's
Posted By: szihn Re: 7mm partition availability - 03/07/24
I have some 140 grain 6.5MM Partitions to sell and also a few 7MM Partitions and Accubonds to sell. $50 per 50 box or bag. Buyer pays shipping.
PM me if interested.
Posted By: Bugger Re: 7mm partition availability - 03/07/24
What weights are you looking for?
I have a box of 175 NPT's, if someone needs them, PM me.
Bluefish: Back when I laid in my lifetime supply of 160 grain Nosler Partitions (.284) I had NO idea they would someday become "unobtanium"!
In the past I just cashed in on some person to person bargain sales (at gunshows etc) along with retail purchases - and at the relatively slow rate I use these up I should indeed have a lifetime supply of these wonderful projectiles.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Benbo Re: 7mm partition availability - 03/13/24
I’ve pretty well quit using partitions. They are too proud of their bullets in my opinion. Try some TTSX’s. I’m sure you’ll be pleased.
I have yet to see an accubomb exit. I have yet to see a TSX or TTSX fail to find open air. YMMV, but an X will not.
Posted By: hanco Re: 7mm partition availability - 03/13/24
I bought four boxes on here not long ago. They are 140 grainers
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I have yet to see an accubomb exit. I have yet to see a TSX or TTSX fail to find open air. YMMV, but an X will not.

I’m a huge TSX, TTSX fan, but… I have recovered a lot of Barnes bullets and have seen a lot of accubonds exit. Not pictures, not neighbours, but stuff shot with my own rifle. Bigger sample sizes sure help dispel a lot of myths.
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter

To me about the perfect 7RM powder with 160’s is RL-26. I know it’s also hard to find, but would broaden your search.

DF
Posted By: BuzzH Re: 7mm partition availability - 03/13/24
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I've shot 47 elk with accubonds, caught 6 or so.
Posted By: szihn Re: 7mm partition availability - 03/13/24
My experience with accubonds has also been excellent. I LOVE Partitions and have used them since the late 1960s, but the Accubonds seem to be as good.
My hunting bud hunts Africa on a regular basis, uses his 7RM with the 160 NAB over RL-26 to good effect. It would be hard to get him to try another load.

He's got a bunch of trophies from that combo, has made some 300 yd. shots, most less than that.

DF
© 24hourcampfire