Home
seems they were all over the place a couple years ago, yet i never see their name mentioned these days. are they still out there?
They still have a website running although Taulmann is not mentioned. I think they had a boatload of legal problems if I am not mistaken
One of the things they might have gotten in trouble for was scouting by airplane. They admitted doing it in their brochure. Also did you ever see all of the wallhangers killed by old geezers hunting with them on (supposedly) public land? Something wasn't right there.
They are still out there, helping sportsmen. (Ducks quickly to avoid the tomatoes...)(:
Last time I drove by their headquarters up north of Reserve, the place was occupied, flags were flying and the usual numbers of horse trailers, etc. were still in evidence. Don't quite remember what happened to Taulman--he either pleaded out or was found guilty. Either way, he's supposed to be banned from guiding/outfitting, as I recall.
Who cares...
I didn't know that Taulman finally got busted!!! That is GREAT NEWS!
What'd he get busted for?
They're still in business.
http://www.huntuso.com/

The only lawsuit I'm aware of was brought by USO against the state of Arizona in 2005. The suit claimed that AZ was discriminating against non-resident hunters by not allowing equal tag numbers.
Taulman is still listed on the 2009 brochure!
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
They still have a website running although Taulmann is not mentioned. I think they had a boatload of legal problems if I am not mistaken

I keep hoping the legal fees from all the lawsuits they keep filing will bleed them dry........

Casey
I was seriously hoping they went out of business.
Originally Posted by SU35
I was seriously hoping they went out of business.

Me too, they were caught pulling crap on a hunt in my area.
they were caught pulling crap on a hunt in my area.

Show me an outfitter who hasn't in any area.

They are all hunt-sluts that pollute our sport.

From what I was told. They filed that lawsuit against Arizona and won. Then after the win, they filed lawsuits against 9 other western states.
The only part I can say is true, was the Arizona win. Then a few years later the courts or maybe Bush reversed it and the Arizona draw system went back to normal.
I did see one of the USO guys in Naco AZ/Sonora one day and I think it was Taulmann. He was taking a chute plan if I am not mistaken down to Sonora for a mule deer hunt. The person mentioned they had one down there already and it was a great tool. Said on one of the hunts a client took a 240 something.
I brought up the Arizona thing and he said Arizona was unfair yadda yadda yadda. We all know it was about money not the hunter rights. They got a good amount of money from the suit if I am not mistaken.
I also heard that Foxworthy drew an AZ elk tag and gave it back along with some other clients of theirs due to how they drew the tag. Ture or not I am not sure. Just rumors.
But the lawsuit and meeting them in Naco is true.

Kique
Two of my buddies in the OK Panhandle were hired by USO as guides due to their contacts in SW Kansas for huge whitetails. These two were largely responsible for USO entering the area (this has been 7-8 years ago). Lo and behold after a couple of years of this arrangement USO went around my two buddies, straight to the landowners (there were LO tags then), and told my buds they were no longer needed. Since then I have lost all respect for USO.
I guess that's why I stopped outfitting.
too many lies, too many competitors.
I was too honest, tried to do it the honest way always told the truth to the best of my knowledge and never burned anyone that I know of. Based on that my competitors got more business and I got screwed in the end.
I too have lost respect for outfitters and their greedy ways. Your story of the USO and your two buddies remind me why I am glad I no longer outfit. But it makes me second guess the whole just guiding thing.

Kique
Kique,
I think that Foxworthy did not use his tag since the contract to use their booking service requires them to use USO as guides/outfitters also.

Didn't Jim Zumbo also return an AZ elk tag? I do not recall the circumstances though.

Doug~RR
© 24hourcampfire