Home
This looks cool. Pricey shocked but would pay for itself. Figure $5 per 40# bag, a week long hunt would cost about $100. Not good for the packer, but for guys that can drive to their hunt camp.

Thoughts?

http://www.clarrypelletstove.com/index.html
My hunting buddy who lives in Leadville, CO uses nothing but the pellet stoves and swears by them . His children who are married use the pellet stoves in their homes also. I know one thing , they sure put out the heat.
check out this thread...
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2089814/page/1/fpart/2
That Rocky Mountain model would be real nice during November hunting trips.
Originally Posted by Phasmid
That Rocky Mountain model would be real nice during November hunting trips.

That's what I'm thinking. We deer hunt northern Idaho every year in late November and it is usually pouring rain and cold. Sucks having to find dry wood, not to mention the legalities of obtaining a cut permit. Figure throw 2-3 bags of pellets in to get through the first couple of nights and then make a trip to town to get a few more.
Also, the added benefit of not having to worry about it running out of wood during the night.
If you already have a 'regular' stove for your wall tent, you may be able to just add this to give it the pellet option.

http://www.cylinderstoves.com/catalog/pellet-burner-p-179.html
Ok I got a problem, so bear with me I'm analytical.

So I have a pellet stove at home. The main worry is fire traveling up the auger and setting the hopper aflame. I know of 2 instances where this has happened. They where on cheaper models.

So I'm looking at this setup and I'm thinking.... Instant fire hazard. The pellets are gravity fed. There is nothing mechanical moving the pellets. So they fall out of a tube and pile at the bottom. So the fire could easily travel up into the hopper and set the entire thing off. Am I missing something??
Originally Posted by shatodavis
Ok I got a problem, so bear with me I'm analytical.

So I have a pellet stove at home. The main worry is fire traveling up the auger and setting the hopper aflame. I know of 2 instances where this has happened. They where on cheaper models.

So I'm looking at this setup and I'm thinking.... Instant fire hazard. The pellets are gravity fed. There is nothing mechanical moving the pellets. So they fall out of a tube and pile at the bottom. So the fire could easily travel up into the hopper and set the entire thing off. Am I missing something??

I should ask that question to the manuf. My guess is that maybe there isn't an oxygen source coming from the hopper to draw the flame?

That stove looks real nice. grin
Guess I am lazy and cheap, but I find it easier to pack a 15 lb chainsaw than 700 lbs of pellets for a 15 day elk trip.
That would be fine, but what if you could'nt cut any trees? Propane heaters don't put out enough heat to dry clothes out that are soaked.
I can cut trees. That's what I have the saws for. In non motorized wilderness settings, we will use cross cuts or 3 ft bow saws. About 1/2 hour of logging, and we end up packing about half of the wood home after a 2 week elk trip.
I thought you said you were lazy?.....grin.
© 24hourcampfire