Home
Posted By: Bater Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/01/09
Wish I was out for the opener, but plan on it later this week. I wish all the Idaho boys out chasin 'em lots of luck.

Keep us posted...

Brett
Posted By: Flinch Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/01/09
Word has it that they had about twice as many people trying to buy tags as they anticipated. They cut off sales quickly. I hope everyone kills 5 wolves. What a stupid quota. The animal rights people were going crazy saying, "The wolves aren't established enough to have a hunt. You are going to wipe them out again!" If these bone heads actually saw what wolves did to the furry soft animals in the wild, they "might" change their minds. Flinch
Posted By: Beargrease Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/01/09
Wipe those suckers out! No reason for transplanting wolves into the Western States. They have decimated elk hunting in some places. The wolf "reintroduction" was one of the all time dumb ass moves.
Posted By: Bater Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/01/09
I'm just glad we have a season...I didn't think we would. Lookin forward to any successfull hunters posts/pics.
Posted By: Whelen Nut Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/01/09
Pictures? Pictures, please!

WN
Posted By: utah708 Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/01/09
Just a word to the wise--
a quick way to get an anti-hunting backlash going would be to post a bunch of dead wolf pictures all over the 'net. This might be a case were discretion and decorum are called for, if we want the season to be repeated.
Posted By: Bater Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/02/09
So your saying it's ok to post pics of every other dead animal on this site, but not wolves that we can now legally harvest?

I disagree.....the granola crunchers will be after us either way.

Brett
Posted By: creasy Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/02/09
No other hunting season is in the courts right now, I agree with utah708, it did not turn out so well for Wyoming last year, and the net was plasted with pics of the wolves they shot.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/02/09
I suggest posting wolf pics with well-chewed poodles in their mouths.
Posted By: creasy Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/02/09
As you can see in a war of wits, the antis have the upper hand.
3 of our local boys got 3 wolves yesterday..big muthers! These damn wolves arn't not particularly afraid of hunters and one of them challanged the hunter over a dead deer, I understand? To what extent I don't know...

Posted By: ranger1 Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/02/09
While I'm all for hunting and trapping wolves, it seems to me that shooting them prior to the point in time when they are prime is pointless. I guess if I where to set out to kill one I would at least like to make a rug, a Sept. wolf rug from anywhere is going to look like [bleep]. As for posting pics, I really doubt that whether we post pics or not is going to have a significant effect on the longevity of wolf hunting - bleeding heart nut jobs being what they are...
Posted By: 4100fps Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/03/09
+1 from me ranger1. I said the same thing on another post and a fella accused me of slamming the lucky hunter. I would rather see the season run through winter. Some people just don't get it. If it's legal go for it. AS FOR ME, I will wait for a good hide.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/03/09
Some people just don't get it.
I guess not.
A dead wolf anytime anywhere is one less wolf in the woods.
Posted By: Bringitbig Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/03/09
Originally Posted by ranger1
While I'm all for hunting and trapping wolves, it seems to me that shooting them prior to the point in time when they are prime is pointless. I guess if I where to set out to kill one I would at least like to make a rug, a Sept. wolf rug from anywhere is going to look like [bleep]. As for posting pics, I really doubt that whether we post pics or not is going to have a significant effect on the longevity of wolf hunting - bleeding heart nut jobs being what they are...

I agree about the last part of your post Ranger. It really doesn't matter what's posted here as the local media, in any state with an on-going wolf hunt, will make the front page....just like it did here in Idaho on opening day. That I would say is state/country wide exposure for the tree huggers. Us posters on this site are small fish compared to what they, (media), can do in a few short key strokes and a picture.
Posted By: adolph Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/03/09
I'd like a pic of a wolf with a well chewed wolf lover in his mouth!
Posted By: 4100fps Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/03/09
What we do say off of here though can be used against us. Old Ron Gillette, makes great hay for Defenders of Wildlife. He hurts our cause by mouthing off in public. He was in Missoula on Monday, and Said "We wont stop until the last wolf is eliminated". That gets many more people to write letters against us, and that join these groups. Here's link to our enemy and look who's being used by them. Ashley Judd's video

The link won't work. They got something going on there. click on this link
https://secure.defenders.org/site/A...amp;JServSessionIdr001=z7pqsvu624.app20a

This is what we're up against. Any other smart remarks.
Posted By: Flinch Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/03/09
Sure would be nice if someone could post a video of the carnage a wolf pack leaves behind on an elk, caribou or deer herd. These activists have NO idea what wolves do to the other warm fuzzy critters. Flinch
Posted By: 7 STW Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/03/09
Go get em boys.
Posted By: Brad Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/03/09
The Wolf Issue for the huggers is about raising funds for their various organizations. They're not concerned about finding middle ground, or knowing the facts about wolves, they're only concerned with filling their coffers. All they need to do is a mass mailing "crying wolf" and the gullible start writing checks with tears in their eyes as they think about their own dog, Fluffy or Fido. This is about revenue and anti hunting more than anything else.

Here in the Yellowstone area, there is no doubt the Park was overgrazed and. There was no doubt hunting would not be allowed in the Park to reduce elk numbers. The solution, and it's an effective one, was the wolf. I'm not opposed to the wolf per se, but the huggers agenda is mixed and a fair bit dishonest. I also know we need to keep their numbers in check and put a little healthy aversion to man at the end of a rifle barrel.

All the compromises have been made by sportsmen and ranchers and various citizens of Montana, and I, for one, am happy the "management phase" of the wolf is now under way.

I would also agree it makes more sense to hold the season in prime fur time.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/03/09
I didn't have a problem with wolves in the park...assuming they put a high fence around it to keep them there. Any fool should know that they wouldn't stay there.
Wolve were already in Montana before the "reintroduction" and were gradually spreading out from the north... all 1996 did was speed up the process and get the feds involved sooner. I'm not against wolves outside of the park, but just want them educated and "managed" at the end of a rifle barrel.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/03/09
I thought we survived long enough without them, I really didn't see the need for them anywhere in the lower 48, and in AK seems like a big enought state but control them as hard as you can anyway.

They are different than coyotes in my book.

You likely never saw what ungulates were doing to Yellowstone... it was absolutely overgrazed...
Originally Posted by Brad
You likely never saw what ungulates were doing to Yellowstone... it was absolutely overgrazed...
So why not raise funds with hunters tags, feed people, instead of spending millions importing and feeding wolves.
So is the "system" fixed now?
More like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.
Typical Government involvement.
huh?

Sorry, what does that have to do with an overgrazed Yellowstone?
Posted By: kevinh1157 Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/03/09
Good luck on the wolf hunt. Kill them all! Deer hunting in CA would be great if we could have an open season on mountain lions!
Originally Posted by kevinh1157
Good luck on the wolf hunt. Kill them all! Deer hunting in CA would be great if we could have an open season on mountain lions!

I believe it!
Originally Posted by Brad
huh?

Sorry, what does that have to do with an overgrazed Yellowstone?
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was referring to the idea that elk or other hunts sold would have been a much better and cost effective way to stop "over grazing" than wolf reintroduction.
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: Idaho wolf opener!!! - 09/03/09
You and Brad are both right. The Park was way overgrazed and closely monitored hunting would have been a cheap and effective cure for that. The anti's just don't want reasonable solutions to overgrazing that would benefit any group besides themselves. They would rather see elk and deer starve to death than have hunters play a part of game management.
© 24hourcampfire