Home
Posted By: kyreloader Hidden Valley Outfitters - 01/10/11
Does anyone have any experience with using this outfitter? I am looking at a late season mule deer/antelope hunt with them. Tracy Weyer is the owner and they hunt in western Nouth Dakota and Montana.

Any experiences good/bad are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Big Sky Re: Hidden Valley Outfitters - 01/10/11
I used to live near where they outfit. I have talked to many of their clients and pretty much everyone left satisfied. I often hunted private land that bordered their land. I can tell you this much they have top quality land with lots and lots of mule deer and quite a few antelope as well. Never heard anything negative about their operation.
Tracy is one of the good guys, I've had my guide lic thru him a couple times. I never did get out and work for him but I have sent him several clients and all had good hunts with his outfit.

Dober
I have to agree with everything said to this point. Tracy has some fantastic land the guides are great guys, and Ma cooks a great meal.
Posted By: SKane Re: Hidden Valley Outfitters - 01/10/11
kyreloader,

I hunted with HVO two years ago.
Pretty much the way I like it - no frills and get on game.

And, I agree with claycrusher, "Ma" puts on a great spread - just don't give her any guff. grin
That is very true Scott Ma doesnt like any guff. Be on time for dinner and all is good.

Kyreloader, I hunted there last fall and we sure saw plenty of quality deer.
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Hidden Valley Outfitters - 01/12/11
Pics of your deer from HVO???
Here is mine.

[Linked Image]

My dads

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SKane Re: Hidden Valley Outfitters - 01/12/11
Mine from 09-
http://www.hiddenvalleyoutfitters.net/images/albums/NewAlbum_388a0/tn_480_2009Q.jpg.jpg

Generally I don't get that itchy of a trigger finger (shot him the first day) but I'd just come from Manitoba and sat 8 straight days without seeing something worthy. grin
Posted By: slg888 Re: Hidden Valley Outfitters - 01/12/11
Nive buck claycrusher. Beautiful 10 point Scott!

Seems like a good outfit, Ive been wanting to upgrade me pronghorm score, maybe this would be the place.
I did not hunt pronhorn while there but did see a couple that other hunters had shot. I would say that they scored in the high 60's to low 70's.
Posted By: ursus148 Re: Hidden Valley Outfitters - 01/27/11
Tracy does a very good job and delivers. Wade
© 24hourcampfire