Home
Cabela's sent out an e-mail about their new fabrics. So I took a look. I like vest, well made and thoughtout vest that is. I get hot easy and a vest does a great job for me 90% of the time. So I checkout the Alsakan Guide Incline Windstopper Vest size XXL. PRICE?????? $224.99!!!!!!!!!! Yes sir Cabela's has lost it.
Yeah, I would have a hard time spending $225 for something that doesn't have sleeves.

If it was some kind of hi-tech quiet waterproof shell (or wool), that would be one thing. A vest though...
Does it come with an after hour bottle of wine & message?
I was thinking a happy ending had to be included myself for that price. Believe me I don't have a problem spending money when it is warrented.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Cabela's sent out an e-mail about their new fabrics. So I took a look. I like vest, well made and thoughtout vest that is. I get hot easy and a vest does a great job for me 90% of the time. So I checkout the Alsakan Guide Incline Windstopper Vest size XXL. PRICE?????? $224.99!!!!!!!!!! Yes sir Cabela's has lost it.

Thats more expensive than Mountain Hardwear stuff

WildwhichithinkisthebestAlaska ��2002-2011
Yeah, I saw it, too. They won't get it from me, and I am willing to shell out some money on good gear.
And it's most likely made in china...
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

The Sitka vest does great for my needs, I, like you, "burn" hot and sweat easily (the function of a fast metabolism I s'pose). wink
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
And it's most likely made in china...

You got that right Devil Dog.
Originally Posted by Taconic11
Does it come with an after hour bottle of wine & message?
Yes it does. The message is 'you spent too freaking much'. (or was that word supposed to be massage?) grin
The only Chinese item I'd spend that much money on is a rice cooker - available at Lu Fong's Employment agency (and my wife would kill me).
I remember a couple years ago, I was in Sportsmans and they had a vest on display, with a little stream of water running over it. I asked the gal at the display what the deal was. She went on boasting about the waterproof capabilities in the expensive vest. To which I replied "what good is a waterproof vest? Your arms would get soaked regardless." She had no response.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
To which I replied "what good is a waterproof vest?

Maybe they're for people who drool or spill a lot.
I just wear loose fitting cloths in layers and leave it at that. My current hunting duds cost the grand total of 25 bucks. Army Surplus you see, but I do spend money on good foot wear And good underwear.
Yes, good waterproof underwear does come in handy for some of us.
Only us older guys can relate to the waterproof undies. The younguns are scratching their heads.
Posted By: las Re: Cabela's has lost their mind! - 08/29/11
One with each hand?
© 24hourcampfire