Home
So what's the deal with unit 26? It never sells out and says "limited access" but the Thunder Basin Grasslands are in it. Unit 27 right next door sells out fast with antelope licenses but I don't think 26 ever sells out. Is there really no access even though there is public land there?
The big difference is the grasslands are more sporadic and broken up in that area. More blocks of 5 to 6 sections and difficult to make sure where you are public vs private.
I will be hunting in unit 26 for the opener next Sat. It is on private property. Seems to be lots of private property in those areas around unit 26. Lots of left over tags in those areas. I was able to get 2 tags in unit 22, 2 years ago but that landowner will not let me anymore.Lots of the tags go unused.
Well, the good news is, there are antelope everywhere! I cant imagine not being able to find a goat in any section in Wyoming.
Originally Posted by ToddNEWY
The big difference is the grasslands are more sporadic and broken up in that area. More blocks of 5 to 6 sections and difficult to make sure where you are public vs private.

But there are some access points to public land right?
Yes, but just because land is in the "Thunder Basin Grasslands" does not mean it is public. There is state, BLM and USFS intermingled in the private.

Converse County Walkin Area Overview

Map #5 is in Area 26
© 24hourcampfire