Home
Posted By: Shag Reliable Wall Tents - 10/05/11
Anyone own one?

Been looking at this one at a local store.. What you think?

https://www.reliabletent.com/index.cfm?page=detail&Product_ID=150&CATID=9
Posted By: exbiologist Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/05/11
Never heard of em. Looks weird, but function is more important. We make do just fine with army surplus and circus tents with cool fringe.
Posted By: anie Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/05/11
dont own 1 put have stayed in a bunch of reliable tents
never had a problem
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/05/11
Originally Posted by Shag
Anyone own one?

Been looking at this one at a local store.. What you think?

https://www.reliabletent.com/index.cfm?page=detail&Product_ID=150&CATID=9

I've got the 10x10 Teton, very well made, big enough for two cots, mine has rode out some rough weather, was still standing and no leaks. If you run a stove you will only have room for one cot. The 12x12 wasn't available when I got mine and that's what I really wanted, think you could go 3 cots and a stove.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/05/11
Might check Davis out as well. Some real good options out there.
Posted By: MHWASH Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/05/11
I've got one of there Big Horns, I think it's called, just a standard wall tent. Only had it 5 or 6 years, but could not be happier.
Posted By: Ole_270 Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/05/11
S-I-L has a Davis 14x17? we've used several times without problems. We've had 4 cots, a stove, and still had plenty of room for a mess table.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/05/11
Get a standard wall tent with 5 ft side walls and don't look back. Like mentioned, that might make a good spike camp for one or two guys, but one quickly runs out of space if it's base camp for a party of 5 for two weeks.
Posted By: TJAY Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/06/11
Friend has one and I have stayed in it. Works fine. He also uses it in Northern Mn. in the winter for back country ice fishing. I do have a tent from reliable and a tent frame. I have found them to good people to work with.
Posted By: Firemann Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/07/11
Check out their wall tents and their "hot deals" sales. I have one of their spike tents for over 10 years, stand up guys.
Posted By: laker Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/08/11
I have one of their wall tents and its solid
Posted By: Shag Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/11/11
Well guys I'm gonna hold out for a Davis Wall tent. I've also been in enough of them that I'm gonna go with a tent that doesn't have a sewn in floor, 5' walls and alot bigger.. Thanks for the Input..
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/13/11
I have a 12x14 that I bought from them over 10 years ago. It was the culmination of an exhaustive search. Used it all week long bear hunting and is still a great tent after all these years. Stove pipe hole is a little ragged and I wish I had ordered a rear window. Great tents, and great service.
Posted By: Colorado_Okie Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/15/11
In my opinion, Davis Tent is the only way to go. Last year was the first deployment for our new Davis Tent. 14x17', 4 guys and a wood stove. Plenty of room. Spent 2 days in it riding out a snow storm. Two and a half feet of snow and wind over 40, no problems.

So nice in fact, we bought another one this year as our mess tent.

- Randy
Posted By: Orehunter Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/23/11
I can see more things wrong with that tent than right. 1 minute is right. Five foot walls, level ridge, side stove vent (my preference, have used both). Make sure to check for space available to hang you tent if you get it wet. They must be stored dry to prevent mildew. I have owned four tents. My last has been best. Canvas Cabin with windows, helps when we forget to open the stove damper before adding wood to the fire. The Canvas Cabin external frame is about bullet proof in a wind storm.
Posted By: rufous Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/26/11
My brother and I bought a Bravo tent in 1996. It has been a great tent. You might take a look at them. They are not too far from you as they are in Camas, WA.
http://www.bravotents.com/
Posted By: KuduBull Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/26/11
I have a Davis tent, Davis Tent and Awning in Denver. Great tent, I have the interal frame that he sells. It has survived the wind in Wyoming and snow in late season. I use a propane stove which is easier than than the wood burning stove IMO.
Posted By: chinadill Re: Reliable Wall Tents - 10/26/11
After years of research both my hunting partner and I went with Bravo Tents. They have worked flawlessly for 15 plus years. He uses only the best materials with flawless craftmanship. Phil
© 24hourcampfire