Home
Posted By: Ready Knife Jamboree - 11/18/11
So I have this little old idea -

I snatched up a Mike E Miller custom knife here at the classifieds.

[Linked Image]

I propose this:

We take this knife hunting. Between us fellers, from what I see here at the fire, we should be able to get

Elk
Bighorn sheep
Dall Sheep
Brown Bear
Black Bear
Moose
Muledeer
Whitetailed Deer
Pronghorn
Hogs
Red deer
Roe deer
Fallow Deer
Mufflon
Wildboar

with in a reasonable amount of time.

Battle scars add character. We keep a log with the knife and at the photos to the log as we go along.

I do not intend this to be a knife test or a promo.

Rather started thinking about the old comment, looking at a rifle or a knife - "Man, if it could talk..."

Lets make this knife be able to tell some stories.

What you guys think?

Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/18/11
Fine idea.
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/18/11
The knife is with a friend stateside. Ready to go off on a hunt.

First guy up gets the honours to put together the log.

Here is one option.

[Linked Image]

Elgable to my mind is anybody to the spirit of this Jamboree.

This go really grow into something -

for starters, post here, what you would hunt and when. The list above is open and not exclusive.

Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/18/11
Send it on the Campfire Annual Boar hunt. Should scar it for life.
grin Good idea.
So, if I understand this correctly, you're proposing that the unwashed masses of 24HCF take your brand-new, as yet unsoiled, pristine, fancy-schmancy knife... hunting? And the only requirement is that the hunt be recorded in a log book?

MY, but you're a brave soul! We may get it nicked-up, or stained, or even dull. (Hmmm... could a knife catch The Gay?)

That's quite a list of game you've proposed. Is said knife up to the task? Wouldnt want any "knife stunts", y'know... laugh

FWIW, I could have it on a whitetail as soon as tonight. Hogs would wait 'til 2/3/12.

FC

FC
Joe, thats a go on that white tail,then. Make it happen.

Get a Dink - I think the -athon is still running...

Of course, you have to paint your rifle stock to match the knife.

Did I forget to say that?

[Linked Image]

laugh
Posted By: jryoung Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/18/11
Really cool idea. I've seen this done before with a pair of snow skis. Guys lined up and handed the skis off to the next guy, it was a pretty cool coordinated event. I think at the end of it the skis hit all the western states, Alaska, New England, Switzerland, France, Italy, and finished in Chile and Argentina later that summer.

I have no hunts planned until spring where I'll be going after a hog. I'd be interested in taking it along with me then.
OK, I'll try to get her dirty.

It won't be with me, though: I'll send it with my buddy Windshake. It's allright - he's a 7x57 fan. grin

FC
Hope the name is not program - he will never get a critter. There is only so much even a 7x57 can fix...

Does OK for you I hear...
Windshake whitetails
Jryoung hogs spring 2012

Jr- thanks. I will figure a way to coordinate this.

Posted By: jryoung Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/18/11
I think as long as people are aware of what's going on you can use this thread to communicate.

People can chime in a couple weeks ahead of their departure and request the current holder to ship them the knife.

I'm headed out for turkeys on Tuesday and would love to take it with me but doubt it can happen. Though...if the current holder can ship it overnight tomorrow so it gets here to CA on Monday I'd be happy to reimburse for shipment.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/18/11
I can probably help with a whitetail doe sometime next month. And I'll mention a wild turkey, too, even though it wasn't on the list. smile
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/19/11
Originally Posted by crowrifle
Send it on the Campfire Annual Boar hunt. Should scar it for life.

Agreed, it'll never quite be the same.

If I might be so bold, EvilTwin (Jim) would likely combine it with a cool-azz old gun (if you can get him to subsitute it for the knife WildsWalker made him).

George
And so it begins...

The knife is at work as we speak, skinning this guy:

[Linked Image]

He was actually taken Tuesday night, & has been in a cooler since.

Windshake is taking his son out tomorrow, though, so it could be that the knife will be used on the boy's first buck! Here's hoping for good stories, right from the very beginning!

FC
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/19/11
Excellent. Pics, dear Sirs, is what we need.

Posted By: TERRY8mm Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/19/11
Great idea!
Ought to include hunt pics, logs etc. in a sticky.
After a sufficient time, compile all of the logs and pics in a file that we could download and print out in a book form....

"A year In The Life Of A Hunting Knife"
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/19/11
Good idea, Terry. Thanks. So, you are going to take the knife hunting ...?
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/19/11
next October, i would happily take it hunting for Columbia Blacktail deer... we will have a few tags between us...
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/20/11
Great. Another species possibility. Have added you to my list. Thank you.
Posted By: writing_frog Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/20/11

Hi Carl hunt planned with Evil Twin in october 2012 for blagk bear and moose in upper NY state. Can i apply?
Dom
Posted By: writing_frog Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/20/11

I forgot: hunting in the US of A only or red deer in Portugal and Wild Boar in Easter Europe apply?

I'm ready if you want.
Posted By: mike_e_miller Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/20/11
I could have kept it and had the grandson skin out his doe down here in Oklahoma. Interested to see what every one thinks. For you info this knife was ground on an 18 inch wheel so the bevels are hollow but with a flatter hollow that goes down to the edge. Mike
Dom,

thank you. Any hunt applies that you are willing to take this knife on.

I will start a calender, so we can schedule this. Anybody participating will get access.

I really want this to take off. I have spoken to a friend, a PH in Tanzania. Lion, Buff, Leopard, Croc and Ele are in the cards.

Everybody, please think about this - if we each take the knife on a hunt and record some stories and pictures in the log - within two years we could have this knife around the globe working on a number of species and tell us the stories.

Lets make it happen.

Mr. Miller,

thank you very much for looking in on this thread. This knife is your handywork. We will keep you posted.
For all interested to participate -

please go to my website and enter so we can start to schedule this.

http://www.gwsm.eu/alaska.html

Thanks.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/21/11
cmg,

I am putting together a pronghorn hunt Oct 2012 that flyboyflem and Eviltwin where will meet in person for the first time.

Keith
Posted By: ingwe Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/21/11
CMG: great idea! Like the world traveling gnome...

I might be able to get the knife dirty on an antelope in Oct. or a deer in November next year...

Or even if it qualifies, a Brook trout or two in Aug/Sept.....
Posted By: cal74 Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/21/11
Neat idea, I'm supposed to be heading up to British Columbia in May on a Bear/Wolf hunt.

Sometime in the next few years, off to Scotland hopefully for a Roe deer and ??
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/21/11
eh76,

thanks for signing up. I have noted your hunt dates. Neat to have ET FBF and you on that together.
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/21/11
Ingwe and Cal74,

thanks for the kind words. Trout will work. I would be honoured if you guys partake.

As soon as you have your dates figured, please log on via above link and sign in.

Posted By: bucktales Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/22/11
You need a name for this knife.
How bout "Runaround Sue"?
Posted By: Brett_Mc Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/22/11
How bout "Doorknob"? Everyone gets a turn.
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/22/11
How about taking the knife hunting?
Posted By: Winnie Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/22/11
Next year in August/October I could take it and hopefully use it on a mule deer. Maybe all of the previous success can help me.

I can take either October or August for rifle or bow.
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/22/11
Winnie,

great. Please go here and check in.

Posted By: eh76 Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/23/11
Originally Posted by cmg
eh76,

thanks for signing up. I have noted your hunt dates. Neat to have ET FBF and you on that together.

There will be several more Campfire members there too. Just those 2 I have put this hunt together for primarily! It is an Honor our Veteran Military Campfire members hunt.
Posted By: PWN Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/23/11
Headed to Sonora, Mexico in January for a coues, mule deer and javelina hunt.

Perry
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/23/11
Perry thank you. Noted your hunt. Looks like you will be receiving the knife before christmas - to play it safe.

Posted By: ingwe Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/23/11
cmg: I clicked on your link and filled out the form to gut a trout or grouse in Aug/Sept!
Just reserved the knife for a 2/2-2/5 hog hunt, but I don't know if those dates have already been taken.

FC
[Linked Image]

The talley so far: 3 whitetails. Skinning/boning only, no field dressing.

I can send it out Saturday, or maybe Monday. Where does it go next?

FC
Current status:

PWN check

Folically challenged check

Winnie1300 check

Ingwe - I am sorry Sir. The knife will be with Winnie in that time slot. Pray look for other time frames. I would be honoured to have you hunt or fish that knife.

EH 76, ET, FBF et al. check.

I try to figure out Google kalender some more to make scheduling easier.

Thanks everyone.

Joe,

thanks for the picture. Glad to see the knife at work.

To figure out where to next -

LETS GIVE IT TILL SUNDAY, FELLAS.

The knife needs to be on its way to Oklahoma week before Christmas. So, would somebody want to take it hunting between.

Nov. 28th and Dec. 18th?

Answers please till Monday, Nov. 28th.

Thank you.
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 12/12/11
Update on the Knife Jamboree.

Our next stop is Oklahoma over the holidays and then on to Sonora, Mexico in persuit of big muledeer, coes and javalina.

Here is to a bloody knife for PWN downthere. I talked to him on the phone - thanks P. for a nice chat and your appreatiation and input.

I will keep you guys posted.

And remember -

if you want to take the Miller hunting.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: PWN Re: Knife Jamboree - 12/14/11
The knife arrived. I will sharpen it up and see if I can use it on a doe during our antlerless season this weekend and then it is off with me to Mexico in early January.

Should I post the photos and report of its use on this thread or send the hunt report and photos to the next guy on the list?

Perry
Posted By: Big_Redhead Re: Knife Jamboree - 12/15/11
Carl,

On your website you mentined "Jagen Sie mit Carl Gremse...auf...Schneeziege." Was ist "Schneeziege?" In english please. Danke. smile

Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 12/15/11
Hi Perry,

please do keep us entertained with pics of your adventures.

So, Joe managed to dull down the blade with his deer, eh?

The very idea of sending off a dull knife...

Please make sure you get back at him somehow.

grin
Big Redhead,

Schneeziege is "Mountain Goat"

Your german seems quite well...
Originally Posted by cmg
So, Joe managed to dull down the blade with his deer, eh?

The very idea of sending off a dull knife...

Please make sure you get back at him somehow.

grin

I got it back from the user, & sent it on: I had no part in the dulling of it. Then again, one might expect a fancy, schmancy custom knife to have an edge that wouldn't need sharpening so soon... whistle

FC
Posted By: Big_Redhead Re: Knife Jamboree - 12/15/11
Originally Posted by cmg
Big Redhead,

Schneeziege is "Mountain Goat"

Your german seems quite well...

Thanks for the info.

I know just enough words in Deutch to make myself look like a fool. smile I lived in Hanau a couple years in the military.

"Ich bin ein Berliner!" wink
Ouch. That hurts. Nothing that some TLC won't fix, I am sure.

FC,

You will get your chance in February on those Georgia hogs.

PWN is going to take the knife antlerless hunting and then on to Sonora after Mule deer.

He writes of liking the pattern quite and of getting one for himself...

I wish , I could join the debate... never having held said knife, yet.

Posted By: 444Matt Re: Knife Jamboree - 12/16/11
I will be hunting whitetail and hog till end of Jan. Tree rat shooting most of Feb.
Posted By: PWN Re: Knife Jamboree - 12/19/11
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1cc38b3127ccefeb21964a01700000030O02EZN2TVoyZA9vPhQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/img]

[img]
http:im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1cc38b3127ccefeb36fab80af00000030O02EZN2TVoyZA9vPhQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/[/img]

I and 5 of my hunting buddies gathered at a friend's farm Sunday evening to help him cull some does. The shoot was over winter wheat fields and all of us had our deer within 2 hours of arriving. The place is overrun with whitetails and he definitely needs to take out many more does and cull bucks.

Gave the Mike Miller Knife Jamboree knife a hell of a work out. all of us used the knife to field dress our deer. It could have used a sharpening by the last one, but it got the job done. Above are photos of the knife after the final doe and or our evenings efforts hanging in a barn.

Perry

I don't know why the photos didn't appear in the post.
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 12/19/11
Jamboree Knife at work

The worked upons

Weidmannsheil, PWN. Thank you for the report.

Great to hear and see the knife getting a good workout. Keep me posted.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Knife Jamboree - 12/19/11
Originally Posted by writing_frog

Hi Carl hunt planned with Evil Twin in october 2012 for blagk bear and moose in upper NY state. Can i apply?
Dom

You better keep that moose hunt quiet, no open season on them!
Posted By: mike_e_miller Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/11/12
Any more hunts that have been accomplished?
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/17/12
Just now, the knife is in Sonora, Mexico, after big mule deer with member PWN.

P., we are rooting for you. Please report.

After P. is back the knife goes on to Georgia after hogs - with FC.

After that I will try to have one trustworthy soul (if such one is going to that event...) take the knife to the 2012 Campfire Boar hunt.

After that, Spring Bear in AK with my pards in April.

Beginning of May - Roe bucks here in Germany. First time I will get to see the knife.

So far - best reports.

Thx,

C.
Posted By: PWN Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/23/12
Back from Sonora. Used the knife on my friend's nice Coues, my last day Coues and a decent mule deer. Also used it to skin a rattlesnake. Great knife. Thanks for the opportunity to carry it down south.

Photos and a hunt story once I get caught up at the office from being gone two weeks.

Perry
Posted By: PWN Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/24/12
I need a bit of help as to how to get the photos posted show they show up in this thread. I can't figure out what I am doing incorrectly.

Perry
Posted By: eh76 Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/24/12
Have you uploaded them to a host yet? Such as photobucket. If not shoot me a pm.

Keith
Got them on Shutterfly.
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/24/12
Here are a few of the pictures Perry send.

Congratiolations and a hearty Weidmannsheil to you, Perry, on what looks to me to have been a great hunt.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I enjoy seeing the knife in action like this. Thank you for taking it with you.

Enjoy the pics - and I hope P. will indulge us further with some tales.
The trip began on 1/6/12 in Tulsa with myself and a friend, Chad Compton, driving his loaded Tahoe with a loaded trailer to Nogales to meet our friend and outfitter Rodrigo Gamboa so he could help us clear our guns. We then drove to Hermosillo to meet the 4th member of our party who was flying in from Tulsa. All 4 of us then drove to Empalme to pick up the outfitters truck so we could all drive to the ranch. It was a very long 2 days on the road.

The ranches we hunted were very green this year. This coupled with adequate water holes and the full moon the first week of our trip made for tough hunting conditions. My friend Dale managed to kill a decent Coues on the forth evening. Unfortunately a few days later he missed a mule deer that was estimated to be a bit better than 30 inches wide.

The mule deer above was killed on the 8th day of a 12 day hunt on a place named Agua Caliente. I had a bad sinus infection and high fever that day that caused me to have to visit a Mexican doctor and spend the next three days laying around trying to recover. I still managed to spot and kill the buck while he was bedded. I was shooting my M-70 30.06 loaded with Hornady factory 165 grain Interbonds. I shot the buck in the neck and the bullet exited his off shoulder. He never got up after the shot.

The snake was killed by my friend Chad after a too close encounter in the bush.

The Coues buck was killed on our base ranch called Huichori on the last day after I finally recovered enough to hunt again. The kill was the end result of one of the best tracking jobs I have ever taken part in. A mexican cowboy they call Chui Loco tracked the buck up and down 4 different ridges before I could finally close the deal. I was shocked it was the same buck we had jumped just after daylight that morning, was not going to waste the fine tracking effort and considered the hunt the trophy, especially on the last day. Plus, the meat was needed for the next group of hunters who were due in the next day. The shot was taken with the same rifle and was offhand at about 150 yards while the buck was running up a steep canyon wall. The shot was nearly straight away and hit the buck in the spine between the shoulders. It was not as difficult a shot as it sounds. That rifle and those loads have never disappointed me in nearly 10 years of hunting whitetails, mule deer, pronghorns and coues from Wyoming to Mexico.

I also shot a coyote and a cull buck for meat for the workers at one of the ranches we were hunting.

The knife worked great on the trip, kept a nice edge and cleaned up easily. Chui really liked it. Thank you Carl for allowing me to take it on a great hunt.

Perry
Posted By: mike_e_miller Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/24/12
Perry why didn't you take your damascus knife???
Posted By: eh76 Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/24/12
Great pics and story Perry!
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/25/12
hmmm how long is the blade, maybe kill a hog with it.
Posted By: mike_e_miller Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/25/12
3 and a 1/4 inch blade might be a little hard.
Posted By: utah708 Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/25/12
I will take the knife to Zimbabwe in August if there is room in its schedule.
Posted By: PWN Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/25/12
Mike,

That knife is one of my most prized possessions and I didn't want to risk theft or damage on this trip. I carry it every year during deer season and it still gets a work out on hunts here at home. I need to get a photo of that knife posted so folks can see you have been building great knives for many years.

Perry
The knife arrived today. It "feels" like much more of a working knife than when I first handled it.

I'm leaving for GA hogs in T-minus 8 days. Pics & stories (some of which might even be true! blush) to follow.

FC
Posted By: JBO69 Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/25/12
Why limit yourself to just one knife.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/memiller/?saved=1

Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/25/12
Perry, thank you for keeping this flowing so flawless.

Joe, we is rooting for you. The 7x57 going or you going faithless?

No 7x57 this trip. I'm trying to re-bloody my very first rifle, now that Mickey Coleman has turned it into a 7mm-08. Also, 300jimmy set me up with a gorgeous Remington 722 in .300 Savage (not that I'm smitten with retro cartridges or anything... blush) , so I'd like to draw blood with it, too.

Waiting these last few days is the hardest part of all!

FC
Posted By: PWN Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/26/12
FC-That is because I sent it to you sharp and ready for work.

Perry grin
I noticed it returned sharper than when it left. Did you use a steel, or did it require a stone?
Posted By: PWN Re: Knife Jamboree - 01/26/12
Touched it up with CrockStick and a strop.

Perry
Back from the GA hog hunt. It was really dry down there, & we had our toughest hunt ever. Those pigs had been hunted hard, & were far more wary than we've ever seen them. This was our 5th annual trip, & it proved to be a much needed break for all of us. The weather was unusually warm (up to 80 degrees), and it ended up being quite a test of (and lesson in) both perseverance and patience. We ended up hunting nearly 'til the last possible moment, and while we didn't limit-out, we weren't skunked, either.

Here's the one I managed to catch unaware. (A shout-out to 300jimmy for setting me up with that beautiful Remington 722). Also, while this picture doesn't show it, a 130 grain TSX launched from a .300 Savage at 15 yards, will totally obliterate the cervical portion of a hog's spine. My buddy took some shots of the damage, & I can PM those if you're really interested.

[Linked Image]

The knife doing its business to start a hole for the drag rope:

[Linked Image]

A "perspective picture" with a young boar's... boar-ness:

[Linked Image]

And my buddy putting the knife to use on his own boar:

[Linked Image]

Let me know where to send it next.

FC
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 02/08/12
FC,

thank you for the pictures and the story.

The knife is next on its way to Benin and Cameroon - so far the parties using had great luck.

Here is hoping for much of the same for our friends down there for Savannah Buffalo, Roan, Eland and possible (!) Lion.

After that - Spring Brown Bear in AK followed by Roe Buck in Germany.
Posted By: mike_e_miller Re: Knife Jamboree - 02/08/12
Fascinating. keep it going.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Knife Jamboree - 02/08/12
cmg: I'm still hoping to get a turn at that knife in August to dress some wild brook trout! Any openings that month??
The knife has arrived at its first European stop. Here's wishing Peter much success with it!

FC
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 02/14/12
Joe,

thanks. Peter called. He is in Sweden and will pack his stuff up to leave for Benin on Monday. Knife will be there with him for 4 weeks.

Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 02/24/12
[Linked Image]

Peter sent a picture of the knife shortly before they leave for Benin.

Certain battle scars are obvious.

He likes the workmanship and style very much. Critiques the heft a little bit - wide at back, narrow at front.

I told him to man up and grow a pair...

Easy to talk know how on a knife I have never held...
Originally Posted by cmg

I told him to man up and grow a pair...

Easy to talk know how on a knife I have never held...

No wonder you fit in so well around here!

Next thing you know, you'll be pontificating on the greatest elk cartridge IN THE WORLD... grin

FC
hehe,

the one in my hand the moment I see the worlds greatest elk, of course.

Originally Posted by cmg
hehe,

the one in my hand the moment I see the worlds greatest elk, of course.

WRONG! It's the .223.

Geez, you dont even READ the elk forum, do ya... laugh

FC
Posted By: weaselsRus Re: Knife Jamboree - 02/24/12
If no one has plans to use it for a mountain goat hunt, I would this fall.
Rus,

great. Please go here an we see to that.

Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 03/03/12
Rus,

received - scheduling in progress. Stand by.

Update ***

Knife has arrived in the Benin bush.

We will not hear back now, till end of March - but I am sure, we will have some awsome tales and pictures.

Thanks,

C.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Knife Jamboree - 03/04/12
This is one of the most interesting threads on the fire. Thanks for a good read.
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 03/25/12
The knife made it back from Benin -

Peter and his trackers used it on two savannah buffs, a roan and a hartebeest.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lion, unfortunately was a no - show.

The knife bit through and put some smiles on the faces of the guys working with it.

If I am lucky, I might get to see it soon myself.
Posted By: Winnie Re: Knife Jamboree - 03/26/12
Cool pictures.

I believe I signed up August 17 to some other date. I plan on hunting mule deer, blacktail, and wild pigs here in California. If not there is plenty of rabbits around here. wink
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 03/26/12
You did - and are scheduled. Rabbits will do as will rhinos.
Posted By: jpb Re: Knife Jamboree - 03/26/12
Originally Posted by cmg
[Linked Image]

Glad to see Peter is looking well!

Love the cartridge holder -- looks big enough to hold .500 Nitro or something... wink

Also, I have to give an appreciative nod to Carl for coming up with the idea for making a knife with a history like no other -- and for paying for the knife he has yet to see!

John
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 03/26/12
That is all that clean living in the bush for you. Lots of air, no women, moldy corn meal for lunch...

African PHing is tough.

Of course, those guys could find a toddy in a nuns convent.

Coming back in after a hard day on the Rover, a quick hot shower and pressed skivvies and then navigate their furry tongue into a tumbler to wind down for the nights debauchery.

Envy gribs me...
Posted By: Winnie Re: Knife Jamboree - 03/26/12
Originally Posted by cmg
You did - and are scheduled. Rabbits will do as will rhinos.

Hopefully it will get a chance at a California blacktail.
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 05/31/12
At long last - I had a chance to hold the knife myself.

Peter, who had used the knife in Benin, brought it up and gave it here.

All smiles - was able to add two roe deer bucks to the list.

[Linked Image]

I really like the shape and execution of the theme.

Looking to use it on wild boar befor sending it off again - this time to Tanzania...
Posted By: mike_e_miller Re: Knife Jamboree - 06/02/12
CMG Looks like you have had a good season also. Appreciate you doing this.
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 06/06/12
Mike,

thank you.

Got to use the knife on a hog last night.

[Linked Image]

Likeing it more and more.
Posted By: PWN Re: Knife Jamboree - 06/06/12
I love those Roe Bucks. I would really like to hunt them someday. A well traveled knife in under 6 months. The next 6 months should be interesting.

Perry
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 06/07/12
Perry,

hunting roe bucks would cost you a plane ticket to Berlin and change.

For the next six months we have Tanzania, Alaska, and most of the western US on the trip calender - assuming I let it of the belt, where it seems to reside...

Posted By: huntsonora Re: Knife Jamboree - 06/07/12
I have a desert bighorn hunt I'm going on starting Oct 1 and from there will head to Nevada for mule deer.
Posted By: mitchellmountain Re: Knife Jamboree - 06/07/12
I'm sure it's taken but October 19-26 hunting elk in thr San juans in Colorado and would be more than happy to get it bloody on a DIY bull.

God bless,
MM
huntsonora & mitchell,

thanks for the interest.

Sonora, the knife is already out with three members at the time you state, so very sorry. I would have loved to see it with a bighorn.

Mitchell,

please stand by.
Mitchell, please sigh up here.

your slot would still be open.

Scheduling for summer and fall close to complete.

Will update shortly.
Scheduling as stands -

Aug 18th till Aug. 30th Winnie 1300
Aug 31th till Sept. 30th weaselrus
Oct. 5th till Oct. 15th eh76, eviltwin,flyboyflem
Oct. 19th till 26th block for mitchellmountain

After that some late fall brown bear hunt is planned.

Ingwe - per chance do you go fishing before August 15th?

Posted By: utah708 Re: Knife Jamboree - 06/07/12
I will do an New Mexico oryx hunt in February.
Thats good. Please see above for the "check in". New Mexico Oryx in February it is.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Knife Jamboree - 06/07/12
Originally Posted by cmg

Ingwe - per chance do you go fishing before August 15th?

Yep..I can make that happen.....
Thought so. Knifes been yacking of nothing else.

Tiresome, I tell you. It is a bit of a bird and trout pattern, after all.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Knife Jamboree - 06/07/12
We have a tradition...right at the end of july or first of August we go fish for brook trout, and cook up a batch for our wives...gonna hafta dress them with something! laugh
Posted By: PWN Re: Knife Jamboree - 07/17/12
I will trade you a whitetail hunt for a roe buck hunt.

Perry
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 08/05/12
Perry - that could be made to work. Would be glad to expound.

Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 08/12/12
It is time for the next go.

The knife left Germany to our next stop - Califonia, where I believe it will be hunting Blacktail Deer with Winnie1300.

W. please expect the knife to show up before your hunt on the 18th and keep us posted.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Knife Jamboree - 08/27/12
time is getting close! smile
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Knife Jamboree - 08/27/12
I don't know how I missed this, but it is surely a cool idea!!!!
Alas my mule deer hunt is taken. Maybe next year.
Posted By: Winnie Re: Knife Jamboree - 08/27/12
The knife will not be making my hunt. I leave earlier in the AM tomorrow. Our postal service does deliver until 13:30, so I will not be taking it for blacktails.
Posted By: DayPacker Re: Knife Jamboree - 08/29/12
You need several knives. One knife is not enough. Too much shipping a travel time.
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 08/29/12
Tarnation. That is to bad. Hope the knife has arrived by now, so we can make the next stop.

Posted By: eh76 Re: Knife Jamboree - 09/29/12
I received the knife today!
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 10/03/12
Thank you Keith, for putting this hunt together for FBF and ET. Have a great hunt, Godbless.
Posted By: tdd4570 Re: Knife Jamboree - 10/03/12
I have a javelina hunt in January if it is available.

Thanks

Dave
Posted By: eh76 Re: Knife Jamboree - 10/12/12
Knife in action in WY!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sorry I didn't get a pic of Woody using it but maybe ET did!
cmg where does it go next?
Posted By: Winnie Re: Knife Jamboree - 10/12/12
Sweet! It had better luck than when it just sat here for my turn with it...
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 10/12/12
Just saw this right now, Keith. Thank you very much for these photos. It really means a lot to see ET there using our little Jamboree knife. Just to have this kife with you guys on that hunt is special...

Perhaps ET will find in good time a photo.

Please hang on to the knife for the moment. We have an empty spot.

If anybody wants to take the knife along for a hunt, speak up here.

Posted By: Winnie Re: Knife Jamboree - 10/12/12
I would say let me give it a go again but there is not enough time to make it here.

Hope someone can take it along.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/03/12
cmg just let me know where to send it next.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/04/12
I have a coues deer hunt this weekend...just sayin!
Posted By: remfak Re: Knife Jamboree - 11/05/12
I have a bull elk hunt coming up this weekend here in CO.
Success this weekend!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Let me know where it goes next.

FC
Posted By: PWN Re: Knife Jamboree - 12/17/12
I used the knife during our December doe season and then took it to Mexico about a year ago. How many animals has that knife been used to field dress and skin since this adventure started?

Perry
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 12/17/12
You know, Perry, thank you for asking. I do not rightly know - yet.

I will do a tally, now that things are slowing down some for the holiday season.

It has been in Africa, Europe, North America - so three continents.

Wishing all a bleessed and merry Christmas, thanks for taking part and checking this little adventure and I will report back.
Posted By: jpb Re: Knife Jamboree - 12/17/12
Hi Carl

How about not only counting up the critters, but you could fire up Google Earth and by retracing the knife's travels in order, total up the distance the knife traveled as well.

After all, I am sure that you are looking for something to occupy your time lately, right? wink

John
Posted By: mikeymjr23 Re: Knife Jamboree - 12/19/12
This is a pretty neat thread!
We hammered the swamp hogs again last weekend. Here's a couple of pics with the knife on the first boar of the trip.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lemme know where it goes next!

FC
Posted By: Ready Re: Knife Jamboree - 08/30/13
Things afoot...
Posted By: eh76 Re: Knife Jamboree - 08/30/13
Thanks for bringing this to the top!
Posted By: eh76 Re: Knife Jamboree - 09/29/13
Where is the knife?
'Twas just delivered to Germany, where it received a grateful homecoming, & was envied by Forst-ers aplenty.

FC
© 24hourcampfire