Home
Yes a bang old and I mean old lug wrench today.Got luv 17" spendy crap.
The remains of a rusty old pitchfork--three tines intact.
Bones
Top half of a set of toenail clippers.
Not enough air.
Rail road spike.
couple inches of barb wire
mesquite stump
A screwdriver, handle on the inside, blade stuck thru the tire on the outside, all ground down from wearing on the pavement. Tire was holding air.
Lotta farmers around here have flattened tires on shed antler tines, and unfortunately broadhead arrows.

maddog
In my college days, I worked at a couple different tire stores busting tires.......strangest thing I ever found that caused a flat was a valve stem......no, not the one in the rim.....this one was through the tread!!

I have pulled lots of big stuff from flats, but the smallest was a straight pin.....have no idea how a straight pin made it through the tread, but it did??
Rebar, open-ended wrench, spark plug.

Also a 16 penny nail that went head fist through a one-day old tire. mad

Different times, of course.
10mm open-ended wrench.
My keys.
They did not cause the flat, but a pair work gloves when I broke the tire down.
Originally Posted by 1minute
They did not cause the flat, but a pair work gloves when I broke the tire down.

Bet that tire was a b1tch to balance...
Not really that unusual but in highschool I took my girlfriend to a drive-in movie double feature, end of the night we go to leave and find that some jacka$$ put an entire box of nails down under the car when we were there somehow. 4 flats and a call to my dad to pick us up at 1:00 am ruined the romance I can tell you that.

MM
My dad had a co-worker many years ago who ran over a bag of
garbage one day because he couldnt avoid it. Sure as heck two
flat tires, someone had apparently cleaned out their garage
of every piece of scrap metal and junk on that fateful day.
When I retired from truck driving I brought home my collection from blown tires. Some pretty strange things in that pile. I too have a rr spike along with a tooth from an excavator.
18 inches of barbed wire with 2 180 folds in it. Got all the way home and could hear something hissing in the driveway.
A spark plug. I was driving through the parking lot of a shopping center in Los Angeles. One of the stores was a Pep Boys Auto Parts. Some numbskull had changed his spark plugs outside the store and left one in the drive. I didn't see it. Tire was flatter than a crushed mouse almost immediately.

Ran a horseshoe through a tire on my old '46 Willys CJ2A up in the Sierra once. Must have been in a mudhole on the old logging road when I went through it.

L.W.
A 9mm case.
2 bullets, from an AK
3/8 in drill bit. Half a set of bicycle breaks. Freaking Self tapping steel screws (they are common at stop light intersections). Mesquite thorns, ditto, ditto.
Originally Posted by blanket
2 bullets, from an AK
And you got away with what? confused
Working at a tire shop, pulled a crescent wrench out of single tread on a toyo m/t. It was half through, sideways. Didn't penetrate the tire.
Deer bone...
A kids scisor.
No air!
Antler, really sucks when it's a big tractor tire.
Count me in for one horseshoe, too. Nails weren't bent down, front tire picked the whole thing up, didn't realize it until I was back on the road, thought I heard something, drove alittle faster...WACK right into the wheel well. Stopped just in time to watch the tire deflated from a bunch of holes in a 'U' shape.
Who needs chains when you can drive horseshoes?
Fantastic traction!

Jim
just found a big screw in mine, now that i cleaned the mud off.

changing tires at 4K feet on a two track trail along the side of a mountain, in the mud, ain't fun.

WhoTF left a screw up there?
My best is bass boat anchor that fell outta some dumb mass's truck with no tailgate. The wife said she was behind this outfit going 55mph down the highway and he hits a pothole and the daym thing comes rolling out down the highway.

She hits it and somehow get all flopped up inside the rear fender well and lodges itself in there so tight, the tire tread gets sliced up before she can safely get pulled over.

I looked for that truck for several days(small town). I was gonna return his anchor to him via rectal implantation.
My other was a friggin windshield wiper arm I ran over at the crusher salvage yard. With my F250, brand spankin new tires too. Was backing my truck up to leave and heard a big "woooosh" !!!!! crazy

Guys at the salvage were pretty cool about and ran to their crane and got me some compound, rope plug and t-handle and we were off and outta there.
Screwdrivers, wooden stakes, wrenches, bolts, ... Used to work at a tire store (Discount Tire).
I've been an auto mechanic for 30+ years. My own tires have found somebodies lost screwdrive and a wrench.

Ken
I got out of my truck one day and heard air leaking from one of my tires.I went ahead and changed it before it went completely flat.I dropped it off at the station to get repaired.When I came back to pick up the tire,the worker said "look,look,look what I found in your tire".He held three pieces of metal in his hands.I had run over a flat bastard file and he was holding ten inches of the twelve inch file.I guess it broke into pieces as the tire rotated.
A pair of needle nosed pliers.
Old three blade pocket knife, minus the scales.
Bloody raccoon femur.
Originally Posted by RWE
just found a big screw in mine, now that i cleaned the mud off.

changing tires at 4K feet on a two track trail along the side of a mountain, in the mud, ain't fun.

WhoTF left a screw up there?
Divkheads trow them in the bed of their trucks so they fall out the crack at the tailgate going uphill or when taking off at intersections. They can ruin a steel belted radial, but the dumbasses figure it will get in someone else's tire so BFD.
.22 lr slug, whodathunk it could go thru a feral cat, ricochet off a rock, and still go thru a sidewall?
In my tire, worse was half of a bungee cord, the hook got in and thing came around and was slapping the inner fender. I thought I broke something major.

Strangest i ever found repairing tires was a half of a slip joint pliers.

Saw an exploded 223 round in a jar at a shop in Bismark ND. Round must have gone in first and then blown.

All the good stuff is in the rear tire. The front stands them up and then they get in the rear.
© 24hourcampfire