Home
Posted By: boatanchor Utah dream tag - 06/04/12
I am still in shock. I drew my Utah dream tag, South Bookcliff's Rattlesnake unit for Rocky Mountain Bighorn sheep.
starting the prep work now and will be spending every other weekend scouting between now and the Nov.1 opener grin
so excited I'm having a hard time typing!
Posted By: ingwe Re: Utah dream tag - 06/04/12
YOU SUCK!!! laugh
Posted By: diamondjim Re: Utah dream tag - 06/04/12
Congrats..I have a brother in Vernal and he keeps talking about the elk there, so the sheep must be good as well.
You do know pics will expected sometime in November..... wink
Posted By: exbiologist Re: Utah dream tag - 06/04/12
awesome
Posted By: wageslave Re: Utah dream tag - 06/04/12
Congrats and good luck!

Your hard work this summer will pay dividends.
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Utah dream tag - 06/04/12
Thats is AWESOME!!!!! Cannot wait to hear about your hunt
Posted By: garyh9900 Re: Utah dream tag - 06/04/12
That is one heck of a tag to draw. That's the hunt of a lifetime for a lot of people.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Utah dream tag - 06/04/12
Great. I hate you. Good luck.
Posted By: StubbleDuck Re: Utah dream tag - 06/05/12

Congratualations on that [Utah] once-in-a-lifetime tag!

Have never hunted in the Bookcliffs of Utah, altho its rated legendary by some who have.

Please don't wait until november to post your first pics! wink

What rifle /load will you use?
Posted By: kilmer Re: Utah dream tag - 06/05/12
Congratulations on your tag.

My experience with desert bighorns tells me that any scouting you do prior to late September/October will only serve to help you familiarize yourself with the area and allow you to look over some the sheep the area has to offer. Once they start to rut they will move constantly and sometimes many miles per day.

You may want to see if you can contact someone with experience in that unit as they may have some insight as to where the rams traditionally gather to rut.

Good luck!
Posted By: jmgraham1986 Re: Utah dream tag - 06/05/12
Jealous!

Good luck. We expect pictures. In my limited Big Horn experience, kilmer is right. The rams will be in bachelor heards in the summer and wont be in the same places as they will come hunting season.

Thats what happened to me last season.

Dont let it stop you though. Get out there and get into shape and takes lots of pictures.

YOU SUCK!
© 24hourcampfire