Home
Posted By: scenarshooter Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/03/12
We will shoot April 13th and 14th. Same location as the last two years. We'll try to have most of the set up done on Friday, the 12th. Anyone wanting to help out, bring some steel and show up on Friday.

Bring winter clothes and rain gear.....grin!
Sounds great Pat.

Count me in.
Posted By: SLM Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/03/12
Gonna have to try and figure out how to make one of these.

Darn!

I won't be able to make it.

I'll be doing a relay race across Death Valley that weekend.

For those of you that haven't gone to one of these, it's a GOOD time.

Have fun and take lots of pictures Pat!

Originally Posted by scenarshooter

That right there will guarantee you have perfect weather this year....mark my words!

smile
I'm really going to try and make this one. The earlier date should work out better for me. Plus the 14th is my birthday!
That should be a "cool" affair as well as fun. Magnum Man
Posted By: horse1 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/03/12
Is a guy allowed to bring more than 1 rifle? (grin)
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I'm really going to try and make this one. The earlier date should work out better for me. Plus the 14th is my birthday!

You're a day late. wink

It really is a great time, and I'd encourage anybody who can to come out.
Posted By: Carl_Ross Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/03/12
I REALLY want to come this time. I better dig up more brass for the 6BR and 6.5/284.

That date should work nice for me, even if the weather could be sporting.
Count me in for sure...

Will bring the usual plunder grin

I am sure I can twist Cinch's arm and he will be there as well !

Thanks for putting it on again Pat.

Hope the 6.5 is ready to roll grin
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/03/12
ill be there again, thanks for setting the date early enough i can make sure nothing interferes...
Posted By: Tanner Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/03/12
Though it's 14 hours away... I might just try to come out.
I'm definitely going to try.
I will apologize in advance if I show up in a Subaru.

It's just a little cheaper than an F-150... grin
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/03/12
Originally Posted by SLM

Google has maps and can provide directions.

Travis
Originally Posted by Tanner
Though it's 14 hours away... I might just try to come out.

You can share a cot with BGG.

Travis

Tanner, if ya make it as far as SE Montana, you can ride up with me and save yourself about 4 hours of driving.
Posted By: joshf303 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/03/12
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by SLM

Google has maps and can provide directions.

Travis

WTF??? Can I bring a fellow retard?? What is the scoop on this, SERIOUSLY? Details?
Seriously? Details?

Like making fun of handicapped people?

Invite only and you're not invited....how's that for details?
Posted By: joshf303 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/03/12
Ok...Thanks! The "retard" part was a jab at 'flave out of another thread.
Seriously? Details?

Like making fun of handicapped people?

Invite only and you're not invited....how's that for details?

That was a jab at me scenar. Nothing was meant by it.

I have friends with handicapped children. It is not something I would mock.

Travis

Tanner, if ya make it as far as SE Montana, you can ride up with me and save yourself about 4 hours of driving.
Thanks, that'd be awesome. I also want to take a look and see if any other members in Wyoming or Idaho want to make the trip and car-pool to save some gas.
Posted By: fatjack34 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/04/12
This sounds cool as [bleep]!

Isn't that the same weekend 'Flave is getting married though?

Posted By: MojoHand Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/04/12
Pat, or anyone, could you give some details for those in the dark? I'm in Idaho and it sounds fun ( it involves shooting, so of course!).

Thanks.

Chris
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/04/12
i went last year, i crashed at a camp site a few miles from the shoot as did a few others some of us slept in our vehicles a couple in a tent, some staid in Glasgow which is around 30 miles away.....had steel set up from IIRC 250 yards to a mile.....was raining and chilly but Pat had a wall tent set up with a wood stove so you could warm up...all in all it was a great time, got to BS with alot of good people and check out some awesome rigs.....watched Montana Marine stretch his 30-06 out to a mile grin
Posted By: eh76 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/04/12
Well chit that rules me out I can't shoot a mile...only a bit over 1/2. and I am just gettin this thing put together...

[Linked Image]
well i didnt bring a gun last year, i just wanted to meet a some of the guys and check out the rigs.....did get to shoot Magnum Mans Sharps 45-110 grin only some of the guys were seriously playing at a mile most were usually shooting somewhere closer.....think Pat had around 10 different targets up give or take
Posted By: fishdog Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/04/12
man im gettin transfered to ND in a couple months, so i will be close enough to make it this year. Whats a person gotta do to get an invite
Originally Posted by rattler
well i didnt bring a gun last year, i just wanted to meet a some of the guys and check out the rigs.....did get to shoot Magnum Mans Sharps 45-110 grin only some of the guys were seriously playing at a mile most were usually shooting somewhere closer.....think Pat had around 10 different targets up give or take

sheridan I would make the trip for that if I can get away...some damn fine people on here
Definetly a high lite of 2012 for me . I learned a lot about LR rigs at the shoot. EH 76, is that a GAP rifle you got going there or your own build? I hope I am not buried in the snow come April 13 either, my old Toyota can make it north again. Magnum Man
Magnum Man that is my own build. It helps to have a friend who is an OCD machinist. smile 6.5x47 Lapua
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/04/12
Originally Posted by eh76
Magnum Man that is my own build. It helps to have a friend who is an OCD machinist. smile 6.5x47 Lapua

Cool...

Travis
Boy do I wish I lived closer.

ddj
Originally Posted by trouthunterdj
Boy do I wish I lived closer.

ddj

only took the wife and i 13.5 hours to get from Lincoln, Nebraska to here driving strait through laugh
Posted By: eh76 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/05/12
Originally Posted by eh76

Cool...

Travis

I was going to do a 260 but my friend told me I would have to buy the reamer and he already had the 6.5x47 reamer...I acquiesced. anxious to get glass on it and work up a load....watch out coyotes grin
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/05/12
More LR video? grin

Travis
Posted By: eh76 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/05/12
When I get that rig running...you bet.
So eh76 what kinda scope and rail will get the nod? Magnum Man
Posted By: eh76 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/09/12
Waiting on a Talley 20 MOA rail and set of rings. I have a Leupold MK4 4.5-14x40 LRT to put on it. Then to break in, work up a load, shoot...shoot..shoot at our 800 yd range to get it dialed in.
Sounds like a plan that will work Magnum Man
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/11/12
wish I could make it up there, would love to shoot with you guys..I get no time off in the spring or summer
got a few more ideas for targets, will work on them in my shop this winter.

sure I will have some snow days...

Have happy holidays all !
Originally Posted by oldslowdog

That right there will guarantee you have perfect weather this year....mark my words!

smile

if only... grin
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/30/12
If Page shows up kick him in the ass(or nuts, whatever's handy).....grin

Just kidding.
Originally Posted by Sendero_man

smile

if only... grin

I couldn't say it if it wasn't true....

smile

Happy New Year!
Originally Posted by SamOlson
If Page shows up kick him in the ass(or nuts, whatever's handy).....grin

Just kidding.

That's one tough old man right there.

I'm guessing he'd pin your ears back without breathing hard....
Posted By: DanAdair Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 12/31/12
I might be able to make it this year, the first big 3D shoot around here is the following weekend this year. I haven't missed a Cabin Fever Shoot in 7 years.

I even got a Montucky rifle in the arsenal again.
about three months !! grin

working on some new targets still and a few mods to old ones.

Should be lots of stuff for all abilities to shoot !
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 01/07/13
I'm going to do my best to make it this year. Look forward to hanging with some of these folks again.

Bob
Posted By: yukonal Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 01/07/13
Nebraska turkey opener...DANG!

Pat--next year push it ahead a week...please. I'd LOVE to come out and play! You guys be safe, and take lots of pics.
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 01/07/13
should note, this is also the weekend of the state Walleyes Unlimited banquet(the 13th) which happens to be in Glasgow this year....
Posted By: shortside Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 01/17/13
I might have to get this on my Calendar. Would love to finally make one!
should note, this is also the weekend of the state Walleyes Unlimited banquet(the 13th) which happens to be in Glasgow this year....

Tell me more about this...you mean if I come out to the shoot, I also can go to a walleye feed?
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 01/17/13
ill be going to both......ill prolly campout/sleep in my vehicle near where Pat's holding the shoot Friday night like i did last year, go to the shoot and leave by 4:30 or so and head in to meet my wife and friends at the banquet....with the banquet the same weekend i dont foresee my wife camping out with me the night before so i doubt she will go to the shoot...

its usually pretty fun, ive gone to the state banquet the last 4 years, one of which was in Glasgow.....games, prizes, good food...here is the website for the organization but i see nothing on the state site about the banquet except that its on the calendar:
http://www.montanawalleyesunlimited.net/index.htm

2 months from today.... Good times !

Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 02/14/13
Laughin'...

I was just going to bump this myself.

Travis
I had a 4X8 sheet of AR500 delivered for making steel targets. I'm having a shop with a water-jet cutter make up some lifesize targets for the shoot. Wolves, coyotes, maybe an antelope, circles and squares....it will be a "target rich environment" this year.

Bring some white spray paint if you think of it....if it's dry, we'll ahve a few ATV's and motorcycles to run out and re-paint steel.
Gotta get my scope mailed out tomorrow for the elevation turret, I keep forgetting till I see this thread.

Going to be an awesome shoot.
I'll grab some more white paint. Hoping to come out a day early and help set up this year.

Bikes for steel maintenance sounds fun. Shoulnd't have sold my KTM. Maybe BGG will pull the Boyota out there for me.

Travis
I'll be driving over on the 12th, probably get there early afternoon or so. I'll bring some extra white paint, and stop by the shooting location to lend a hand if needed.

I'm going to be camping it, same spot as last year.

Looking forward to the shoot, and good comeraderie.

I hear this year the weather is going to be mostly sunny, 60-70F, 3-5 mph breeze.......grin
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

I hear this year the weather is going to be mostly sunny, 60-70F, 3-5 mph breeze.......grin

GRIN !!!
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 02/14/13

GRIN !!!

funny thing is, it could be, ive been out on New Years Day one year where we had a weird chinook and it was nearly 50*.....warm weather the middle of April is perfectly possible....though not probable simply because we have made plans which seems to guarantee the weather is gonna be chit laugh
I'll be driving over on the 12th, probably get there early afternoon or so. I'll bring some extra white paint, and stop by the shooting location to lend a hand if needed.

Nothing like a shanty town in the middle of nowhere.

Travis
IB #1 and IB # 2 weather was tough. Maybe IB # 3 will be the one ! wink
Third time's a charm. Or somethin'...

Travis

Nothing like a shanty town in the middle of nowhere.

Travis

Yeah, strangers will buddy-up quick in extreme situations. It's our caveman DNA kickin' in.....grin.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 02/15/13
We're bringing plenty of stove fuel. Plan on eatin' large.

Setup next to the schitter and we'll be golden.

Travis
Well if you allow Tikkas, especially in .270 you can count me in. Anyone wanting to come up through Billings is welcome to jump in.
everything is welcome !

Bring what ya got to shoot....

we will have steel set up from about 200 to 2000 yards this year...

Or 182 to 1828 meters for you "other guys" LAFFIN' wink
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/04/13
Bumpola.

Travis
Bumpola.

Travis

58 here yesterday and calm... then all hell broke loose !

Wind came on, temps dropped, -3 wind chill this morning. still blowing like a bat outta hell

hoping the third time is the charm ! grin
I'm really trying to figure out how to make this work. Would need to figure out a sleeping arrangement or sleep in the pickup. Wouldn't make sense so haul my internal frame wall tent for myself. 5.5 hour drive for me. Just gotta wait and see what the finances are lookin like closer to the time of the shoot. Would love to get schooled and taught how to get the most out of my 338 edge
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/07/13
ill prolly drive the wifes Yukon up and sleep in it again....MontanaMarine and MagnumMan slept in their trucks last year....
Check with Travis....he has a plan.....grin
Yeah I did Rattler, wasn't very comfortable either, to damn tired to get the Alaskan Guide model tent up. Try to get there earlier this year and get a comfortable camp set up, makes all the difference in the world to be dry and warm even if the weather says GFY. What you gonna bring to shoot? Magnum man
I'll be packing an 8-man dome too. If the wind isn't gusting to 70mph, that can be used for overflow.
ill make my own plan and laugh at Travis and his pet sasquatch again this year grin
didnt get a long range toy built....damn furnace went to chit and ate my toy fund cry
I'll be gunning 30-06 and 308 again. 208 AMax in both.

Bringing a built-up 10/22 for S&G, if conditions are reasonable I'll try to ding some steel with it out to 400 yds or so.
i was pissed, had Mickey all ready to build me a 6.5-06 when our central air setup took a chit, was literally in the process of tracking down a donor and had the cash set aside for it when it went tits up...to hell with was, still am pissed.....nothing else ive got can really play at very far cause its just not how i hunt....
That sucks...[bleep] happens though.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/07/13
Originally Posted by DeerTracker
I'm really trying to figure out how to make this work. Would need to figure out a sleeping arrangement or sleep in the pickup. Wouldn't make sense so haul my internal frame wall tent for myself. 5.5 hour drive for me. Just gotta wait and see what the finances are lookin like closer to the time of the shoot. Would love to get schooled and taught how to get the most out of my 338 edge

You can sleep with BGG. He said it's fine.

Travis
ill make my own plan and laugh at Travis and his pet sasquatch again this year grin

He's not my pet. He's my BFF.

Travis
I'll be gunning 30-06 and 308 again. 208 AMax in both.

Bringing a built-up 10/22 for S&G, if conditions are reasonable I'll try to ding some steel with it out to 400 yds or so.

Key word "if". grin

Travis
bringing that titanium stove again?

No. Body heat only.

Travis
ill remember to lock the Yukon before going to sleep.....
SURPRISE!!

Travis
Posted By: Carl_Ross Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/07/13
You coming rattler?

I'll bring you your books back.

I'm getting pretty excited for this! Wish I was at home getting guns ready to go instead of babysitting a computer in Washington.

No. Body heat only.

Travis

If I can make it, I'll bring it! The stove, that is.
Originally Posted by Carl_Ross
You coming rattler?

I'll bring you your books back.

I'm getting pretty excited for this! Wish I was at home getting guns ready to go instead of babysitting a computer in Washington.

yeah ill be there again this year.....camp out Friday night, hang around Saturday, head to Glasgow late Saturday afternoon for the state Walleyes Unlimited Banquet and after that prolly head back to Wolf Point...
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/08/13
Ain't gonna make it again this year, since I'll be in Argentina. In fact the entire spring has turned out to include a lot more travel than I usually do anymore, though luckily it looks like it allows some time for turkey and bear hunting here.
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/08/13
i change m mind, i wanna go with you instead grin going for birds or big game?

No. Body heat only.

Travis

Travis... you do know Elk Camp rules right ??

you can sleep pole to pole or hole to hole...

but never pole to hole !! wink
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/08/13
Roger that sir!

Remind me when we get set up.

Travis
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/08/13
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Ain't gonna make it again this year, since I'll be in Argentina. In fact the entire spring has turned out to include a lot more travel than I usually do anymore, though luckily it looks like it allows some time for turkey and bear hunting here.

Unacceptable.

Travis
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/08/13
HA!

Going for birds. Have done it once before, and found that bird-hunting in Argentina is like shooting tasty prairie dogs.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/08/13
Make sure you bring lots of Parakeet loads!

LOL!
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/10/13
Kilt quite a few parakeets the last time down there, along with a pile of paloma grandes....
Posted By: ingwe Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Ain't gonna make it again this year, since I'll be in Argentina.

YOU SUCK!!!!
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/10/13
I'll be just returning from Argentina as well, but will be after stag...sure would like to get the chance to learn at an IB one day though.
only a month away grin

What's the weather look like? crazy
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/10/13
70* with chance of snow, wind calm to 45mph gusts.....should about cover it.....
Posted By: Tanner Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/11/13
Dang, I need to start loading up some major ammo!

How much are you guys bringing for your rigs? should 50-70 rounds each for 2 rifles be sufficient, or do I need to think bigger? grin...
That should be enough for me. What are you going to shoot?
243 A.I. and 7mm Rem Mag... unless I can I pull something else off in the next month and bring 3 cool

I won't even bother bringing a 25/06... BC's under .500 need not apply... grin

How much are you guys bringing for your rigs? should 50-70 rounds each for 2 rifles be sufficient, or do I need to think bigger? grin...

Bring more..

Are you guys coming in on friday? We always shoot a little after we set things up on thursday and friday. The first shoot, I shot over 1000 rounds. last year, I fired about 1200 rounds.

Bring spotters, tripods, and some white paint.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/11/13

How much are you guys bringing for your rigs? should 50-70 rounds each ...

Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

243 A.I. and 7mm Rem Mag...

Whoosh!

Bring more..

Are you guys coming in on friday? We always shoot a little after we set things up on thursday and friday. The first shoot, I shot over 1000 rounds. last year, I fired about 1200 rounds.

Bring spotters, tripods, and some white paint.
YOWZA! I DO need to buy some more brass... grin
Tanner bring your 700 Police model 308 allways plenty of targets under a 1000 yds too. magnum man
Originally Posted by Kenneth

How much are you guys bringing for your rigs? should 50-70 rounds each ...

243 A.I. and 7mm Rem Mag...

Whoosh!

laugh Nearly scalped me flying over my head...

Posted By: Kenneth Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/11/13
smile
Last year I brought 200 rounds of 308, and 200 rounds of 30-06. I shot less than half of that, but I headed for home Saturday night.

I'd say if you are coming that far, bring plenty of ammo, you can always carry it home. It would suck to run dry.

A good rule of thumb might be to estimate how much you think you might shoot, then double that.
I would guesstimate last year there were 15 or so targets downrange. Maybe more. Not hard to shoot 10 rounds per target, per rifle, per day. Then you might go back around again to check comeups again. And that is a conservative number.

I think this year there will be even more targets than last year.

I think this year there will be even more targets than last year.

that is correct !
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/11/13
I figured 300-400 rounds would be plenty. I started loading up last weekend for my .260AI and discovered that I am just about out of RL17. I've been shooting that powder for the last 3 years but can't find any now. I should've kept a better eye on it. Started working with two other powders that I have plenty of - 7828SSC and Hunter. Both show promise. One thing I didn't like about RL17 was, I had to be right up against max pressure in my rifle for the SD to drop. I guess two things - RL17 is some what temp sensitive. So running out of RL17 may be a good thing. Hope to be on the road by lunchtime on Thursday. Looks like 8-9 hours. I look forward to it.

Bob
Hey Bob, I've got a decent amount of RL-17 if you're in a really tight place in needing some...
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/11/13
Thanks Tanner! I thought I had another 5 pounder on hand. I'm actually liking 7828SSC so far. Loads easy, good SD and almost where I need to be velocity-wise with more room to go. I look forward to meeting you next month!

Bob
Bob,

7828 has quickly become my absolute favorite powder (granted I've only a fraction of the experience reloading all you guys do). I use it in 3 different cartridges right now, and it's incredible in all three. Hopefully my 8lber of that will be here soon.

If you're still in need of '17 come April, I can bring you up a pound or two!

Tanner
Shaping up to be a great shoot with more new faces again !

good deal !
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/12/13
My MK4 isn't tracking. Again...

I may show up with one rifle and a keg of beer.

Travis
Variable Mark 4s are pretty ordinary. Fixed Mark 4s are neato.

I'm in the midst of churning out 223 AI ammo for the shoot, hope the weather cooperates!

Travis

I'd get that thing in the mail to Leupold right away. Their CS turnaround time is typically less than a week. You could easily have it back before IB3.

I've sent a couple scopes for turrets upgrades, and they were both back in my hands in like 10 days, including mail time both ways.

Travis

I'd get that thing in the mail to Leupold right away. Their CS turnaround time is typically less than a week. You could easily have it back before IB3.

I've sent a couple scopes for turrets upgrades, and they were both back in my hands in like 10 days, including mail time both ways.

Yeah, their CS is not what it once was. I just sent this same scope back because the windage was jacked. Took 20 days. I sent another scope in for a turret upgrade on the same day and I had it back in about 12 days.

So basically, the Custom Shop is kickin' ass, but the warranty work seems to be slowing down. I'm sending it back regardless.

Travis
Posted By: RWE Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/12/13
Buffalo, Wyoming.

Its a 28 hour drive from here.

Travis

Boo [bleep] hoo.. Get a Bushnell tacticool and dry your tears.
I got two.

Still crying.

Travis
I can loan you a PMII......I'll get you converted over to mil/mil.....grin!
What's a PMII?

Travis
[Linked Image]
Pat for 1K steel does white paint rule?

Dober
[Linked Image]

Please do not let me use that. I'll want to buy one.

Travis
Posted By: SLM Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/12/13
Buy one. You can't put a price tag on happiness .

grin
Originally Posted by SLM
Buy one. You can't put a price tag on happiness .

grin

I already have a devil on each shoulder...

Travis
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski

It sucks with snow on the ground......

I'm not Pat, but I prefer flourescant orange marking paint.....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tanner Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/12/13
I'm with ya' on that one Don... but I paint with whatever I've got available, usually... grin
I was in construction, so always had plenty of free marking paint available.....
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski

Dober

Yes.... see hits much easier
Originally Posted by RWE
Buffalo, Wyoming.

RWE... The shoot is in Glasgow MT smile

add another 6.5 wink
I like white paint on steel targets.

I've been able to see bullet strikes from the 308Win at 1000 yards with a 10X scope, on fresh white paint.
Posted By: MojoHand Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/13/13
[Linked Image]

Oh, that is nice, Pat.

One of these days I'll build me a really nice dedicated LR rig and save my pennies for a fixed PMII...

Thought I might have been able to make it but we've actually really ramped up at work and are already 'behind'... frown
Posted By: MojoHand Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/13/13
I like white paint on steel targets.

I've been able to see bullet strikes from the 308Win at 1000 yards with a 10X scope, on fresh white paint.

I found the hot pink marking paint shows up really well, too...
[Linked Image]

Travis

That was exactly how my S&B addiction started....with one look.

What is seen, cannot be unseen.

smile
[Linked Image]

Travis

That was exactly how my S&B addiction started....with one look.

What is seen, cannot be unseen.

smile

He kinda has that affect on us... huh OSD .... grin
Originally Posted by RWE
Buffalo, Wyoming.

add another 6.5 wink

Another 6.5?? laugh
Posted By: RWE Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/13/13
Originally Posted by RWE
Buffalo, Wyoming.

add another 6.5 wink

Hell, I'm so far east, it just means going through Chicago instead of St. Louis.

Now its 29 hours.

Although, that Chicago thing gives me piss shivers.
Shooter's FYI:

Shoot location, N47.82975*--W107.23239*

Camp Ground, N47.81187*--W107.12366*

I was out that way today, and the snow is almost gone.

Looks like right now there's about 25 shooters committed.
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/15/13
Shooter's FYI:

Thanks!

Bob
There's a gun show in Glasgow to coincide with the shoot!
Posted By: Tanner Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/16/13
Sweet! Better bring some cash... grin
Sweet! Better bring some cash... grin

Happy B'day there Tanner ! grin
Posted By: eh76 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/18/13
Originally Posted by Bobcape
Shooter's FYI:

Thanks!

Bob

Well gentlemen as much as I would like to be there I have a bit more important task...I will be driving my oldest to his point of departure for his 8th deployment to the sandbox. If any of you pray, please send one or two up for my son. If not well wishes will suffice. I have equipped him to the best of my ability, the military has trained him well....he has the heart of a warrior.

And I am proud of him!
..I will be driving my oldest to his point of departure for his 8th deployment to the sandbox. If any of you pray, please send one or two up for my son. If not well wishes will suffice. I have equipped him to the best of my ability, the military has trained him well....he has the heart of a warrior.

Prayers on the way for his safe return.
Got the 5/8" inch rebar stand set up for the "Big boy" for 2000 yards !

Finish up a few more and we will be set good for targets with what Scenar made up this year as well ....
[Linked Image]

How does this look for late March? Aftermath of a fair sized storm we got a couple days ago...it was 10* below this morning.

Probably wasn't even mentioned on The Weather Channel.

Spring is close....I hope!
Posted By: Tanner Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/20/13
Holy smokes! Better bring my long undies!
Wow...
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/20/13
Damn scenar. Makes Havre look warm. grin

Travis
Posted By: eh76 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/20/13
We have about a 1/4" of that white stuff in the shaded areas! smile It got ot 52� F here today
[Linked Image]

Went out with a buddy before the wind got too violent and had a good session with the big rifle. Got to try out some new steel I had made up for the shoot. These five went into about 5". Verticle was about 2".
Thermo says it's 60 here now. Crazy.

Travis
[Linked Image]

Went out with a buddy before the wind got too violent and had a good session with the big rifle. Got to try out some new steel I had made up for the shoot. These five went into about 5". Verticle was about 2".

I see your heavy rig still shoots pretty well...

Travis
Posted By: Tanner Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/20/13
Probably want to dial that load in a little more before the shoot, Pat..... grin

That's crazy!
I'll let you run a few through her when you show up.....then you'll be ruined for life........grin!
I'll let you run a few through her when you show up.....then you'll be ruined for life........grin!

laffin' Understatement !!

nice shooting Pat, per usual wink
Posted By: Tanner Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/21/13
Pumped to see some of these guns in action!

I just hope you guys don't get too jealous of my high dollar, top end customs! grin
Posted By: Tanner Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/22/13
I've kind of started preparing.... I don't even want to know what it's like making 2k rounds! grin

[Linked Image]
Wow, great shooting Pat!

Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/22/13
Tanner is lovin' it...

Travis
Posted By: Tanner Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/22/13
Tanner is hoping badly that somebody else from CO will be able to make it....
[Linked Image]

Stuff like this makes me really want a big .338.
Just got a rifle back from Capital Sports today. Had my newer 308 cut to 22", and braked with a Badger Ord Thruster.

Al and Arnold are the 'smiths in the gunshop, they do real nice work. Turnaround was less than two weeks.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/23/13
Too bad I have prior commitments...Tanner could just buzz up to Rock Springs and we could head up from there...maybe even stop in Pinedale for a point and laugh session with a certain you know who. Oh well...Take lots of pics please!
Got an announcement to make.... Stay tuned ! laugh

I'm thinking someone got a new toy.....
I'm out tired. My sis is coming home for our birthday (we were both born on April 14th, 4 years apart), so I'd better stick around home.

Hope you guys have lots of fun, and that the weather cooperates!
Just loaded up another 100 rounds of .243AI last night. I'm slowly getting ready one box of ammo at a time wink

Not yet... grin !

Here is what I was talking about. I thought it might be neat to have a shirt done up for the Icebreaker shoot. I talked to Pat and here is what I came up with for a design. On a lighter 50/50 short sleeve t-shirt.

The proof shirt got done yesterday. Thought I'd see if anyone else wanted one. Done on a lighter 50/50 shirt, atheltic gray color.

here they are...

Front, on left chest,
[Linked Image]

Back of shirt about 11" diameter,
[Linked Image]

If anyone wants one, please PM me. I need to know by this Thursday morning, the 28th at 7 AM Mtn. time.

Send me a PM with your name, shirt size, and I will tell ya where to send payment. They cost 25.00 from the shop here in town, The Embroidery Barn. If I can bring them to the shoot and give to you that is it, if I have to mail, S&H will be added.

Again, I have to know in two days from now if anyone wants one to be able to get them to the shoot!!

Please send a PM, I don't want to turn this thread into a T-shirt order... grin

thanks !
Awesome!
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/26/13

Not yet... grin !

Here is what I was talking about. I thought it might be neat to have a shirt done up for the Icebreaker shoot. I talked to Pat and here is what I came up with for a design. On a lighter 50/50 short sleeve t-shirt.

The proof shirt got done yesterday. Thought I'd see if anyone else wanted one. Done on a lighter 50/50 shirt, atheltic gray color.

here they are...

Front, on left chest,
[Linked Image]

Back of shirt about 11" diameter,
[Linked Image]

If anyone wants one, please PM me. I need to know by this Thursday morning, the 28th at 7 AM Mtn. time.

Send me a PM with your name, shirt size, and I will tell ya where to send payment. They cost 25.00 from the shop here in town, The Embroidery Barn. If I can bring them to the shoot and give to you that is it, if I have to mail, S&H will be added.

Again, I have to know in two days from now if anyone wants one to be able to get them to the shoot!!

Please send a PM, I don't want to turn this thread into a T-shirt order... grin

thanks !

sent yah a pm bout getting one
Thanks...

Looks good!

Here's hoping you have T shirt weather for the shoot....

smile

Looks good!

Here's hoping you have T shirt weather for the shoot....

smile

Amen !
Spent 8 hours in a Supercub today, east of here in Roosevelt County. It was 3*F this morning and never got above 20*F all day....
I have faded memories of NE MT winters and springs.....grin

When I left for USMC bootcamp on May 30, 1979, near Sidney MT, there was still snowdrifts in the draws.

It was in the upper 50s here today.
Spent 8 hours in a Supercub today.

Shotgun? A-5?
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/28/13
guessing doing critter counts....
Spent 8 hours in a Supercub today, east of here in Roosevelt County. It was 3*F this morning and never got above 20*F all day....

I'd be puking for a week if I spent 8 hours in a cub. Still winter up here...
I was kinda thinking some aerial gunning of coyotes around the calving/lambing grounds. Wondering what shotgun Pat prefered for such....
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/28/13
Don, thinking you are correct. Yotes, crows and eagles have been eating good lately on frozen calves.

Posted By: smokepole Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/28/13
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I was kinda thinking some aerial gunning of coyotes....

Another wet dream, eh??
Amazing how many dead raptors along the roads here...

imagine they are getting hit by cars when they eating on road kill
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/28/13
Maxus or SX3 with extended mag and .035" in the muzzle...

I am betting on a Benelli ...
Yeah, but you have insider info! Ha!
Posted By: SLM Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/28/13
And left handed.
Posted By: Tanner Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/28/13
I'm betting a color case hardened SXS to keep it classy....grin
I'm betting a color case hardened SXS to keep it classy....grin

Ha!

A Perazzi with 32" barrels and a release trigger would be funnier than Hell!

I can just picture him leaning out the side with his Barbour coat on!
I am betting on a Benelli ...

+1
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Yeah, but you have insider info! Ha!

Grin smile
Sorry I have to back out in case anyone was thinking of a carpool from Billings. Death in the family and we are planning a memorial in California the same weekend.
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/31/13
slight change of plans on my end, ill prolly be staying in Glasgow Friday night instead of camping it, local Walleye chapter is having a hospitality room at the hotel and the wife volunteered to run it so ill prolly just stay in Glasgow with her, drive out to the shoot Saturday morning and head back in for the banquet in the afternoon....
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/31/13
I picked up my new little teardrop camper this weekend, so I'll be pulling it up there. Question - is the camping site a "campground"? Do I need to make reservations or just show up? I may be able to take off on Thursday. If I do, do I need a NR license to try for coyotes? Not required in WY, not sure about MT. Thanks.

Bob
Bobcape the road into there from the north or from the east ain't no highway. You oughta get a road condition update from Scenarshooter before you try that ,just sayin. Magnum Man
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 03/31/13
the "campground" is just a slightly improved chunk of ground with an outhouse.....no reservations, there arent even marked off camping spots....and no licence needed for yotes, they are labled varmints but no electric calls on teh CMR which will be south of us....
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
Bobcape the road into there from the north or from the east ain't no highway. You oughta get a road condition update from Scenarshooter before you try that ,just sayin. Magnum Man

I'm thinking the roads will be fine barring a rainstorm and flood of biblical proportions. The road from the east is an all weather gravel road. There was a ton of rain last year, but my little Corolla made it just fine.
Posted By: 4100fps Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/01/13
the "campground" is just a slightly improved chunk of ground with an outhouse.....no reservations, there arent even marked off camping spots....and no licence needed for yotes, they are labled varmints but no electric calls on teh CMR which will be south of us....

I don't think you can hunt coyotes on the CMR, period now that there's no season in place.
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/01/13
Originally Posted by 4100fps

I don't think you can hunt coyotes on the CMR, period now that there's no season in place.

could be, im rarely out there outside of Aug-first of Nov other than going to the Pines....but the campground is off the CMR as is where we are shooting....while there are signs if yah stick to hunting yotes north of the road your safe and dont have to worry bout shooting across the boundary if your not familiar with what to look for....
Posted By: ingwe Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/01/13
The boundary of the CMR is amazingly well marked in most places and I dont think its against the law to sit outside the line by a couple hundred yards and call them out.... whistle
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/01/13
Originally Posted by ingwe
The boundary of the CMR is amazingly well marked in most places and I dont think its against the law to sit outside the line by a couple hundred yards and call them out.... whistle

you would be surprised how many out of area hunters that hunt out here that couldnt tell you how its marked though they hunt it most years(road hunters)....would say out of state but i meet a number of Montanans from the western half that have difficulties grasping it aswell....they have never walked up and read one of the signs so have no clue the fence line IS NOT the boundary...
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/01/13
I picked up my new little teardrop camper this weekend, so I'll be pulling it up there. Question - is the camping site a "campground"? Do I need to make reservations or just show up? I may be able to take off on Thursday. If I do, do I need a NR license to try for coyotes? Not required in WY, not sure about MT. Thanks.

Bob

Bob. Just look for this:
[Linked Image]

It will be next to a wall tent and a schit house. Knock three times and yell "Dragon."

Travis
What town is the shoot in?
It's near Glasgow. South Valley County. About 45 miles from town.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/05/13
One week out.

Travis

Bob

Bob. Just look for this:
[Linked Image]

It will be next to a wall tent and a schit house. Knock three times and yell "Dragon."

Travis

Knock three times and yell "Dragon"?....is that on the truck, the tent, or the schithouse????

Knock three times and yell "Dragon"?....is that on the truck, the tent, or the schithouse????

Just go down the line until you get a response.

Travis
Cool.

I would have knocked three times on the schitter, and yelled....Draggin'!
You gonna be there with the wife?
Cool.

I would have knocked three times on the schitter, and yelled....Draggin'!

Laughin'...

Travis
Originally Posted by ironbender

Please don't refer to BGG as 'the wife.'

Travis
My bad!
Posted By: Tanner Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/06/13
Sounds like my Old Man wants to do some shooting! Be pretty cool if he could come out with me!
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/06/13

Please don't refer to BGG as 'the wife.'

Travis

sasquatch is making it again this year?
gonna be good times....

looking forward to it cool

not to mention the Brown box from GAP that will arrive grin
Here's my packing checklist, worked good last year.

SHOOTING
Rifles
Ammo
LRF
LRF batteries
Mildot Master
Bipod 9-13
Bipod 12-25
Accupod
beanbag
sling
Ballistic charts
cleaning/maintenance kit
shooting mat
elbow pads
tripod
spotting scope
binos
camera
notepad
pen
earplugs

FOOD
mountain house
jerky
water
oranges
trail mix
ramen noodles
coffee
coffee pot
cup (travel cup)
utinsels
saucepan
propane stove
propane
napkins
beer
soft drinks

LIFE SUPPORT
Tent
ground cloth
Sleeping bag
Mattress pad
Cot
Chair
Lantern
garbage bags
shovel/e-tool
hammer
pillow
trash bags
lighter
matches
flashlight
flashlight batteries
leatherman tool
bandaids
hydrogen peroxide
cell phone
cell phone veh. charger cable
firewood

HYGIENE
Wet wipes
deodorant
toothbrush
toothpaste
electric razor
Bug Juice
Sunscreen
chapstick
towel
toilet paper

CLOTHING
goretex top
goretex bottom
cold weather boots
socks
briefs
sweater
scarf
brimmed hat
watch cap
gloves
sweatshirt
t-shirt
jeans
sunglasses
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/07/13
Damn Shane, you just let me know I don't need to pack anything... grin

Travis
grin grin
50*, calm and sunny here right now.....might have to slip out for a little practice.
50*, calm and sunny here right now.....might have to slip out for a little practice.

Don't jinx us by speaking of the weather please... grin

Travis
Looking forward to seeing all you guys again. nice here too. Magnum Man

Don't jinx us by speaking of the weather please... grin

Travis

Laffin'....there's no way it can be as bad as it was the past two years.

Laffin'....there's no way it can be as bad as it was the past two years.

That's the jinx to end all jinxes... Might as well call the Power of God down upon us. grin

Travis
Looking forward to seeing all you guys again. nice here too. Magnum Man

I'm bringing a beer just for you.

Travis
That's great you guys up there in God's country have all those micro breweries with great beers. What you bringing? Schmidt or Fallstaff or Schlitz? Just got done working a load for my Swede with the Hornady #2633 140 gr BTHP running 2787 fps avg. Worked up some 68 gr Hornadies for my R-15 they'd be hotter but you know those R-15's are just hunting guns not tactical rifles and have to be babied along. Bring along a 308 and a 30-338 also. Raining here now or I'd be cleaning out the back of the truck.Turd on the radio says it's gonna snow about tuesday, who knows, will see. Later Magnum Man
I just did some maintenance on the Boyota. Got the heater fan, radio, and gauges working. I even climbed in the back and threw out all my empties. Gonna be some obscene amounts of luxury on this trip.

Travis
In the event it doesn't make it all the way over I'll pick you up on my way past. grin
140 new 338 Lapua brass .... price, too much !

over 2 lbs of H1000... not as bad

140 Hornady 285 BTHP's... about the same

being able to shoot them at 2000 yards with good friends in a few days...PRICELESS !

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

very nice !!!!

can't wait grin

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
In the event it doesn't make it all the way over I'll pick you up on my way past. grin

Blasphemy...

Travis
140 new 338 Lapua brass .... price, too much !

over 2 lbs of H1000... not as bad

140 Hornady 285 BTHP's... about the same

being able to shoot them at 2000 yards with good friends in a few days...PRICELESS !

[Linked Image]

Nice!

I saw a TRG on Gunbroker... It sorta calls to me...

Travis
[Linked Image]

Holy steel...

Travis
That little trailer will be loaded!
Posted By: 300winy Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/08/13
targets look good Pat but your the only guy I know that has soo many GAPs you need a trailer.
[Linked Image]

Darn impressive spread there!

Really disappointed I won't be able to go this year.

I'm sure the weather will be perfect for you too.

Take lots of pictures so I can live vicariously.

Hope ya'll have a blast...
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/08/13
hell Pat if you run out of ideas for all that steel, throw a couple at 50 and 100 off to a side down at the bottom of the hill.....dont have a rifle but have a 1911 that needs broken in and a couple hundred rounds of ammo....playing Kentucky windage with fixed "combat sights" ought to be interesting laugh all else fails i can always pick out a rock to shoot at....
Agreed. A pistol/rimfire range would be great!
Posted By: ranger1 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/08/13
I had really hoped to get over there this year, but the toggle block on by press broke and I've been waiting on the replacement for weeks. Couple that with the fact that I can't seem to find any of the bullets that I need and I'm pretty ammo poor for my big game centerfires. Hope the weather is great for you guys this year.
chit Nate, i dont have a rifle to shoot, was all set to have Mickey build me one when the central air in my house went to chit....its worth the trip down anyways.....i had fun BSing with all the guys and not shooting last year...
Agreed. A pistol/rimfire range would be great!

not sure if you have been out there before, but its not really conducive to an actual pistol course, even shooting at 100 ill be shooting at a good downhill angle....think the first target more or less level across from us is at around 270.....we are basically on one hill shooting down a steep sided coulee out to just over a mile.....least thats how they set it up last year....only reason i threw up what i did is cause the gun needs broken in and ive got a bunch of cheap ammo to waste doing it so i dont care if my hit probability is low.....plus i figured others may be interested in helping me just sit and waste ammo taking a break from the big guns laugh
Ahhh - oh well. It look like Pat has plenty of targets to keep everyone busy wink. Should make a Tannerite bullseye on the furthest distance target.
Wish I could make it!
Posted By: Partagas Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/08/13
The tannerite is a good idea. I hope to make it this year as well.

Someone could through up a dueling tree off on the side for some pistol work. Could be a fun break.
IB3 Must be getting close. It's been in the 20's all day, and blowin'.....grin.

Woke up to fresh dusting of snow on the hills.
I'm going to work around Momma's spring break and make it next year to IB4. Prob try to drag shortactionsmoker with me...
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/09/13
We're getting a pretty good spring storm here. Depending on which source you listen to, anywhere from 9" to 17". So it'll probably blow past us! laugh Looking forward to some nice warm, sunny weather up there. Still not sure what time I can break loose Thursday or Friday. I'm looking forward to a good time!

Bob
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/09/13

I think Pat prays to the goddess of schitty weather.

Travis
How many we gonna have setting up at camp schitter?

Travis

Travis

I'll be setting up there in my little camper.

[Linked Image]

Bob

I think Pat prays to the goddess of schitty weather.

Travis

AKA Mrs. Flave? smile
Hey Bob,

How many bathrooms does that camper have?

Travis

AKA Mrs. Flave? smile

No such monster.

Travis
My bad bringing family into this. give her a hug for me.
Hey Bob,

How many bathrooms does that camper have?

Travis

Just the one. But it does have a bidet! Maybe I'll let ya try it.

Bob
That camper looks sweet! Save the high ground for us peasants. We need drainage.

Travis
Posted By: Carl_Ross Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/09/13

Travis

I'll be there. Not sure if I'm setting up a tent or sleeping in the car.

I've got to load a couple hundred more 6BR...
Bad ass. Will be good to meet you Carl.

Travis
Posted By: a10xrifle Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/09/13
Cannot wait to get up there an see you guys again and get some shooting done!! See you all on Friday!!
I'll be at Camp Schitter. Should be in the area friday afternoon.
I'm bringing a couple 308s, and a 30-06 for LR play. Plus a 10/22 for [bleep] n gigglz if the ground is dry enough to see small splashes.
30-06, 16X Leup MK4
308, 16X Super Sniper
308, 3.5-10X Leup MK4

[Linked Image]

308 ammo is all 208 AMax/ RL17.

30-06 ammo is mostly 208 AMax. I also loaded up 50 rounds with Hornady 225gr BTHP. I'm thinking the 225's might fly a little further for some of the more distant targets.

Originally Posted by a10xrifle
Cannot wait to get up there an see you guys again and get some shooting done!! See you all on Friday!!

gonna be good times again ! see ya then. Cinch and I will roll in mid day on Thurs.
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/09/13
ill be in Glasgow Friday night, stop at the gun show and hang out with Walleyes guys(Wolf Point Chapter is hosting a hospitality room at the Cottonwood), will drive out Saturday morning and head back in at some point to make the Walleyes Unlimited State Banquet.....if guys are planning on heading back out Sunday morning i may head back out before going home...
I'll be showing up with a bud Friday afternoon sometime. Whether or not I have guns with me will depend on how quickly your beloved ATF gets back to me with a permit to bring firearms into the US of A. wink
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/10/13
[Linked Image]

Wowza Scenar, some people show up, others arrive. You take this stuff seriously....

This get together has the makings to be way too much fun...
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/10/13
30-06, 16X Leup MK4
308, 16X Super Sniper
308, 3.5-10X Leup MK4

[Linked Image]

308 ammo is all 208 AMax/ RL17.

30-06 ammo is mostly 208 AMax. I also loaded up 50 rounds with Hornady 225gr BTHP. I'm thinking the 225's might fly a little further for some of the more distant targets.

Damn, all set up for a fellow lefty...

You guys plan this 1200 miles away from me on purpose?
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/10/13
you should see him put that 30-06 to work....had no clue how well one would work out to a mile crazy
Posted By: phoneix Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/10/13
That should be a "cool" affair as well as fun. Magnum Man
Cheap D3 Gold
Cheap RS Gold
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/10/13
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Damn, all set up for a fellow lefty...

You guys plan this 1200 miles away from me on purpose?

Yes.

Travis
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/10/13
Gonna be a little slower getting out of the Black Hills. We got pounded! 27" in the backyard and still snowing.

Only 26 7/8" on top of the camper. Very aerodynamic!
[Linked Image]

Bob
Holy snow balls!

I don't mean to laugh Bob, but that is some funny schit.

Travis
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/10/13
I'm offering $2.5/hr for shoveling. Interested?

Bob
I'm cheap, but not that cheap.

Travis
Boy that ain't no sheeit Bobcape. I been in the cab of a 544 John Deere loader now for 2 days. Still gonna try to make it out early friday, had a hell of a time busting drifts this am to get to work. Good thing I left at .4:45 am by the time Joe a Public got on the road I'll bet it was a real night mare. Magnum Man
Cinch and I are headed up in the morning, help set steel up and get stuff painted.

EVERYONE that is coming bring a can or two of white paint ! cool

See ya all there !!! Drive safe

Roger on the paint. I picked up a couple cans of white Krylon a few days ago, for this.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/11/13
I grabbed five just because I'm a BALLA!

Travis
Git U Sum!!!
Posted By: Cinch Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/11/13
Well, we are mobile... See you ladies up there. Drive safe.
Originally Posted by Cinch
Well, we are mobile... See you ladies up there. Drive safe.

Godspeed.

Travis
Posted By: ingwe Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/11/13
You guyz are gonna freeze your butts off!

I checked the weather on the Hi-line for a gopher outing..I'm staying home! eek

You boys have PHUN!!! laugh
Posted By: ranger1 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/11/13
The toggle block for my press came in the mail on Monday afternoon. I put together a pile of 300 RUM and 257 Wby. rounds (not a big pile, but used up the rest of my bullets)... And then I looked at the forecast. 40 degrees, rain, 20mph wind! I'm likely to stay home and mount a deer head or two. I'd really like to come out and learn from some of you fellas that are far more experienced at the long range deal, I'd just prefer not to be miserable while doing it.
Originally Posted by ranger1
The toggle block for my press came in the mail on Monday afternoon. I put together a pile of 300 RUM and 257 Wby. rounds (not a big pile, but used up the rest of my bullets)... And then I looked at the forecast. 40 degrees, rain, 20mph wind! I'm likely to stay home and mount a deer head or two. I'd really like to come out and learn from some of you fellas that are far more experienced at the long range deal, I'd just prefer not to be miserable while doing it.

Unacceptable. Start driving.

Travis
Posted By: Carl_Ross Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/11/13
I'm draging a co-worker along, just told him to bring a rain jacket. Missed the first two Icebreakers due to circumstances out of my control, weather isn't going to keep me home for this one.

I'll be bringing plenty of warm clothes and hot drinks though...
Originally Posted by Carl_Ross
Missed the first two Icebreakers due to circumstances out of my control, weather isn't going to keep me home for this one.

I'll be bringing plenty of warm clothes and hot drinks though...

That's the spirit....you won't regret going, no matter what the weather does.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it next year.

Take lots of pictures for those of us that can't make it!

Drive safe and have fun.....

Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/11/13
Finally got the camper dug out and loaded. On the road at 2:15. See ya there.

Bob
Finally got the camper dug out and loaded. On the road at 2:15. See ya there.

Bob

Godspeed.

Travis
Posted By: Carl_Ross Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/11/13
Will do OSD. Too bad you can't make it this year!

I'm pretty excited to meet everyone...and to have a great couple days of shooting!
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/12/13
It was 24 with flurries when I left. It's 50 and sunny in Miles City. I imagine Glasgow weather to be like a Sunny Ole Beach! I'm sure I'll refer to the weather as a real SOB!

Bob
You folks have a great time. Travel safe and try not to get frostbite or die of hypothermia.
I'm heading out at 6am. See you fellas tomorrow. We got a few more inches of snow today, so as long as warmer/dryer there, I'm a happy camper (no pun intended *grin*).
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/12/13
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I'm heading out at 6am. See you fellas tomorrow. We got a few more inches of snow today, so as long as warmer/dryer there, I'm a happy camper (no pun intended *grin*).

I'll be holding the sign that reads 'Canaduh People Welcome'.

Travis
38*F when we left out there tonight...clear sky and the wind went down nice. Most of the day it was 20mph out of the northwest and cold.

We got it all set up and fired 500+ rounds. We've got targets all the way out to 1970 yards, starting at 350 or so. Lots to shoot at.

Travel safe everyone and see tomorrow...

Pat
[Linked Image]

We got to play a bit after setting up.....Scott was all smiles after putting two rounds on this target well over a mile out with his Lapua.

[Linked Image]

Doing a little smiling myself.......
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/12/13
Have a great shoot fellers! Hopefully I can make it next year. smile

Ben
Heading out in a couple hours. I know it's time for the shoot because I woke up to snow... grin

Travis
Pat,

That's one heck of a group @ 825yds.

Travis
Not going to make it with to many problems at home that require my being here. Hope you guys all have a good time . Magnum Man
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/12/13
That winch in the GPS sent me the wrong way last night. Just got to Glasgow now. Gonna gas up and find the campsite.

Bob
Not going to make it with to many problems at home that require my being here. Hope you guys all have a good time . Magnum Man

Damn, that sucks. Was looking forward to seeing you again.

Packing my truck now, wishin I'd done it yesterday. grin
Posted By: mtmiller Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/12/13
Hoping to find some sheds today, shoot grouse in the morning and then head to the shoot Saturday. Hopefully it's not too muddy in the south country.
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/12/13
ive got work to finish up and hope i can sneak out of here before 5 and be able to walk around the gun show for more than an hour seeing if anyone has 38 or 45 ammo and if there are any books i need.....will be out there in the morning.....
Posted By: pointer Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/12/13
I may have to auction off rights for someone to pick me up at the airport for next years shoot! I start accepting bids...NOW!
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/12/13
which airport? Billings, Williston, Minot or you gonna pay the extra to fly into Glasgow laugh
pointer, I'm there with ya, bud!!!
Hell, I'll drive....just two hard days. You both in?
Posted By: pointer Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/12/13
I am, especially if I can split driving dutes and gas $$. Seriously.

It's ~20hrs. from here. A good day and a half. Wouldn't be bad. I drove nearly that far solo last month to shoot pigs and other farm animals.
I'm in. 20 hrs is less than one day, the way I drive!
I guess I better buy a camper. I've been wanting one for a while anyway. Good excuse as any....
I'm guessing there will be much GFY there. wink
Posted By: eh76 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/13/13
Have a great time fellers...shipped my oldest off to the sandbox today. He was in good spirits...I'm gonna miss the ornery cuss for the next 400 days.

Will be looking forward to pictures and tales from this weekend from you characters.

Snow/rain here.
Was a great afternoon of shooting!
Started out with cold, fresh snow and wind, but it got better all day long !!
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/13/13
will be getting there a bit later in the morning than i figured......didnt make it to Glasgow today and wont head over till morning and have to stop in Glasgow before heading out to drop something off to the wife....being as im not bringing any toys and am just coming to drool over others toys and BS i doubt many will notice my showing up late anyway...
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I guess I better buy a camper. I've been wanting one for a while anyway. Good excuse as any....

I could always get Brian to join us and we could trash his trailer...
Great shoot as always Pat, thanks again !!!
Posted By: Carl_Ross Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/14/13
That was a great time and a great shoot! It was really nice to get to meet so many folks, and also to see such a wide cross section of gear. As well as to have such an excellent target array at so many ranges. Thanks to Pat and all the others who helped put it on!
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/14/13
Great shoot! Really set up well. Great to meet a bunch of guys. Just wish I could get away from this stuff!
[Linked Image]

Bob
Looks pretty familiar..

On the bright side, it's one more weekend before I have to mow the lawn.
Looks pretty familiar..

On the bright side, it's one more weekend before I have to mow the lawn.

Doing that today...
Posted By: mtmiller Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/14/13
I shot grouse pics on Saturday in less than ideal conditions. Sounded as if the weather wasn't going to improve, so I headed east and met some good people. Maybe next year I will have a gun with me.

Always cool to roll out of the tent and greet an amazing morning.

[Linked Image]
You guys shoot outta the wall tent?
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/14/13
Was a great time. Thanks again to Pat for putting it together.

Chili was made:
[Linked Image]

Weather was grand:
[Linked Image]

Only a couple homeless people:
[Linked Image]

Boy had the privilege of a real Artilleryman spottin' for him. He was lovin' it:

[Linked Image]

Day two had gorgeous weather:

[Linked Image]

Even salamanders show up for this schit:

[Linked Image]

Sunday morning coming down...
[img]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj220/deflave25_2008/IMG_1726_zps0667c23c.jpg[/img]

GFY,
Travis
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/14/13
Safe travels for everyone on their way home. Roads were a little nasty this morning(over east here).
Nice wet snow, should be good for the grass.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/14/13
Sweet pics Travis, glad to see you all survived!
Good Lord I would freeze to death out there. smile
It was a really awesome set-up, and a great time.

Thanks very much to Pat for setting it all up.
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/15/13

I have to report the only down side was that BillyGoatGruff doesn't look anything like the avitat posted! Not even close. Damn!

Bob

Looks like a grand time was had by all.
Sorry to disappoint Bob. grin

It was nice to meet you though.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/15/13

I have to report the only down side was that BillyGoatGruff doesn't look anything like the avitat posted! Not even close. Damn!

Bob

If he were, I'd be one happy fella.

Travis
Posted By: wageslave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/15/13
Did the Gruff keep his silos by the stove?

P.S. nice looking Waller, for the baller.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/15/13
thanks for the pictures and narrative gentlemen...I truly wished I could have been there,
Posted By: SLM Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/15/13
Really cool getting the kids involved.
Great pics Travis ! Nice seeing old and new faces there ...

Good times cool
Had a great time at IB3! Big thanks to Pat, Alan, and everyone else for the opportunity to shoot this again.

It was nice to see most of the same folks again, and some new faces too.

The range is challenging, both by distance, and conditions. The number of targets arrayed out there for us to shoot was amazing. I think I might have actually worked about half of the total targets.

Besides the great shooting opportunity, the comeraderie was awesome too. A few of us camped nearby and had some awesome venison chili (thanks Travis). Drinking some beers and BS'ing with deflave, BGG, mtmiller, Rob Jordan, and BobCape, Carl Ross, as well as a few others was priceless.

Here's a few pics,

Just a few of the further targets,
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ranger1 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/15/13
Looks like a great time! I really need to get out there one of these times. Spent Saturday snow goose hunting, lotta work for three geese - Shoulda just went to the shoot.
Thanks again, Pat! The shoot was awesome, and it was really great to finally meet so many of the guys whose posts I have read regularly over the past several years.

There was certainly some awesome gear and some great shooting, as well!
Besides the great shooting opportunity, the comeraderie was awesome too. A few of us camped nearby and had some awesome venison chili (thanks Travis)....BS'ing with...Rob Jordan...

Shane,

After hanging out with you for a couple of days, I'm really starting to get the impression that you wish my name was Rob.

grin
Posted By: Cinch Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/15/13
Found this on the ground at the shoot. Any idea who it belongs to??

[Linked Image]
Not sure Cinch. But that is one handsome sumbitch you got a picture of.

Travis
Besides the great shooting opportunity, the comeraderie was awesome too. A few of us camped nearby and had some awesome venison chili (thanks Travis)....BS'ing with...Rob Jordan...

Shane,

After hanging out with you for a couple of days, I'm really starting to get the impression that you wish my name was Rob.

grin

Laughin'...

BGG actually asked that on the drive out. "Is his name Rob or Jordan?"

Travis
Posted By: pointer Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/15/13
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
After looking at the weather pics, I fully support your decision! laugh If not, I'm round and soft so I make a good cuddling buddy. I have a 7X7 foot pup tent I'm willing to share.

Now I just need permission from "the BOSS". Deflave can I go next year? wink
You can sleep right next to me buddy.

Travis
'surprise'.....

Shane,

grin

Laughin'...

Travis

Jeez.....I feel like an idiot....LOL

Sorry 'bout that Jordan. I don't know how my mind latched onto RJ.
If Shane says your name is Rob, your name is Rob. End of conversation.

Travis
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/15/13
sorry didnt make it....barely got to Glasgow and wound up passing out in the wifes hotel room frown whatever i came down with snuck by the antibiotics im on for a sinus infection....alternated between sweats and chills and tossing my cookies....still feel like chit today and doubt im gonna put in a full day of work sick
laffin' .... Cinch found this, had to share

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/15/13

[Linked Image]

Haha! Very accurate!

Bob
sorry didnt make it....barely got to Glasgow and wound up passing out in the wifes hotel room frown whatever i came down with snuck by the antibiotics im on for a sinus infection....alternated between sweats and chills and tossing my cookies....still feel like chit today and doubt im gonna put in a full day of work sick

JFC. Were you sick or quitting heroin?

Travis

[Linked Image]

That's awesome.

Travis
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/15/13

JFC. Were you sick or quitting heroin?

Travis

sick.....still on the morphine grin
A few more pics,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A few more here,
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mon...mp;_suid=1366039150125018212697503042513

Travis
Thanks Boss! Is your sleeping bag a right or left zipper? I have both, so can bring either for a doubler.

BTW, if BGG's hat is a High Life hat, I'll pay good money for it if you swipe it the next time he's TU.
A wall tent on the shooting line should be oriented to blast away from heated comfort.......just sayin'....

[Linked Image]
You would need a much larger tent.

Travis
Originally Posted by pointer

Travis
Thanks Boss! Is your sleeping bag a right or left zipper? I have both, so can bring either for a doubler.

BTW, if BGG's hat is a High Life hat, I'll pay good money for it if you swipe it the next time he's TU.

That's akin to wrestling a bear for a jar of honey. Ain't happening...

Travis

Nice pictures, Shane!

Looks like fun was had by all.

Hopefully next year I'll be able to make it back.....

Posted By: Cinch Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/15/13
We missed you this year Russell. Needed you there to run down and paint steel lol!
Looks like fun. Have you guys thought of renaming the event? "Ice Breaker" appears to be a misnomer.
Originally Posted by pointer

Travis

That's akin to wrestling a bear for a jar of honey. Ain't happening...

Travis
I'll get some horse tranqs from the good folks in Kentucky so you can spike his beer. I'm thinking a baker's dozen would slow him down enough for you to get away with it... laugh
Looks like fun. Have you guys thought of renaming the event? "Ice Breaker" appears to be a misnomer.

Ice Maker would be a better name it seems....grin!

We ended up with over a foot of snow up there. It came down all day sunday.

Great bunch of guys showed up and I heard no complaints about the weather. Thanks everyone for being safe and for coming up to shoot. Already making plans for next year....
Posted By: eh76 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/15/13
"Already making plans for next year...."

Very good!
Originally Posted by Cinch
We missed you this year Russell. Needed you there to run down and paint steel lol!

no kidding, I wore out truck tires doing it. wink

Russell on foot, would have beat my Duramax for sure !

Ice Maker would be a better name it seems....grin!

We ended up with over a foot of snow up there. It came down all day sunday.

Great bunch of guys showed up and I heard no complaints about the weather. Thanks everyone for being safe and for coming up to shoot. Already making plans for next year....

I'd better change the T-shirt logo ! grin

Shane,

grin

Laughin'...

Travis

Jeez.....I feel like an idiot....LOL

Sorry 'bout that Jordan. I don't know how my mind latched onto RJ.

Haha, don't worry Shane!

Like Travis says, all it takes is a quick trip to the provincial registry to set the record straight... wink
Jordan/Rob became my new favorite Candian.

Travis
Haha!

I have to say Travis, you're a pretty funny drunk! *grin*
Jordan,

It was good to meet you, talk gack, and do some shooter/spotter work together.

Whacking 1500 yard steel with the 308 with the 208 AMax at 2600 fps, was good action.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/16/13
Haha!

Travis drinks? shocked
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/16/13
Haha!

You're lovin' it.

Travis
Posted By: DanAdair Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/16/13
Maybe next year a guy will be able to find 140 grain SMKs in 6.5 and Lapua brass for a 260 before the shoot.

I'm shocked to hear that Travis drank on a Saturday as well.
Jordan,

It was good to meet you, talk gack, and do some shooter/spotter work together.

Whacking 1500 yard steel with the 308 with the 208 AMax at 2600 fps, was good action.

You as well, my friend!

Thanks for letting me test drive your rig. As I said to Tanner in a PM, that .308 is a MEAN machine! The 208 at 2600fps moves the .308 into a totally different category of LR rifle. It was flat out impressive to smack steel at nearly a mile, in the wind, with a "lowly" .308 wink
Haha!

You're lovin' it.

Travis

I was just glad to be sleeping in a tent 30 feet away from your wall tent. I shudder to think of what must have happened to poor BGG while he slept...

grin
Where's the resta the pics and tales?
Hey guys,

Thanks for the great event. That was the most fun I have had in a very long time. I appreciate the hospitality and generosity shown by all. It was great to meet everyone and I hope to see y'all again soon.

Thanks,
Nick
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/16/13
Thanks for stopping in Rut!

Travis
Originally Posted by Nick_or_Rutledge
Hey guys,

Thanks for the great event. That was the most fun I have had in a very long time. I appreciate the hospitality and generosity shown by all. It was great to meet everyone and I hope to see y'all again soon.

Thanks,
Nick

Great to finally meet you too ! heard stories for years... wink
Posted By: 300winy Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/16/13
Good thing everyone got out of here when they did because it hasnt stopped snowing since.
300winy...

thanks again for the help ! cool

Scott
Posted By: laker Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/17/13
Im goin to have to hook up the camper and head up that way for next years
Posted By: deflave Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/17/13
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Maybe next year a guy will be able to find 140 grain SMKs in 6.5 and Lapua brass for a 260 before the shoot.

You should come out next year Dan.

Travis
Posted By: eh76 Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/17/13

you ain't looking hard enuf bish.............
thought I'd share some iPhone pics....

[Linked Image]

Cinch with hits at 1970 yards
[Linked Image]

300SMK on left and 285 Hornady on right.. from 1970 yards
[Linked Image]

My hits at 1970 yards with the Chalupa
[Linked Image]
More pictures....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
More pictures....

Three new 6.5's in a row grin
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
more pictures....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

2013 IB III... in the books !
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Woodtick Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/17/13
How did I miss this thread or this shoot for that matter? I would love this!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/18/13

Midway has .260 Lapua right now.
Posted By: 300winy Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/18/13
Your welcome Scott glad it worked out. Pretty sure I made Mark mad over the powder deal thou cause he still wont sell me any ha ha ha. I also coppied your paint job on your stock for my lapua soo were even. lol
Cool, can't wait to see pics. !!
Posted By: rattler Re: Ice Breaker Three.....!! - 04/19/13
Originally Posted by smokepole

Midway has .260 Lapua right now.

and i believe i had 140 SMK's i coulda sent yah had yah asked....
© 24hourcampfire