Home
safariman is driving over from Washington and picking me up along the way and we have room for atleast one more if someone is interested....current plan is to leave my place here in Wolf Point on Monday the 11....
Tell me more.
Miller, can't you do any good hog hunting right there in Havre?
I'll wave when you pass by Miles City. (Sounds like great fun but still feeding and starting to calve about then)
Originally Posted by Greenhorn

That's the point, I would rather travel to bag a hog or two.
Originally Posted by rattler
safariman is driving over from Washington and picking me up along the way and we have room for atleast one more if someone is interested....current plan is to leave my place here in Wolf Point on Monday the 11....

Traveling the high line in March�. traveling through Wolf Point?

Hog hunting in March (Montana)? Is this actually a beer run disguised as a hog hunt?

For what it is worth this all sounds fairly suspicious too me.

You may want to leave the hog rifles at home and save some weight?
there is a sticky on the Hunter's Campfire:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7240224/1

basically a hog hunt in Tennessee that a bunch of guys on the 'fire are going to......i had planned to fly down but for various reasons that was a no go and when i said i couldnt make it work Mark asked if he drove down if i could make it work that way and i can so we are gonna drive down and have atleast one more spot in the vehicle if someone is interested....
Man that would be fun. I am officially jealous.
Originally Posted by mtmiller
Originally Posted by Greenhorn

That's the point, I would rather travel to bag a hog or two.
I'm heading to Alabama for hogs at the end of February...the 4 legged kind! laugh High fence hogs would be about like $1 PBR night in town, correct? wink
I'm jealous, too. A few years ago I got away in March and went to Texas where I killed three hogs with three separate lever-actions. Great fun. A poor man's elk hunt.
to me its not to serious of a hunt, i just had fun a Pat's long range shoot last spring, meeting some of the 'fire guys and this is more of the same.....plus its been a damn stressful 6 months for me and a real vacation is sorely needed.....

Hunting, though it is pretty good, is the excuse.

Meeting a bunch of incredible guys from the Fire, and forming life long friendships, is the reason.

Along with Pat's two smoked hogs, and a lot of other really good food and beverages.

Hope you guys can make it.

Steve
+1 on what Steve typed. Getting to meet some of the folks that post here and spend time with them is what makes it...and the food last year was AWESOME!!!
If I could I would. I miss shooting hogs. (The other kind of hog, Greenhorn)

Travis
We need to do a winter trip to texass.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
We need to do a winter trip to texass.

I'm down.

Travis
I would love to talk chit to a Texan.

Deep down they all know MT is way better.....grin
Pigs and axis deer.. Sam, just call in sick for a week or so.
One of these days dude!

Always wanted to take a 'tour' of that country.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Most of them can't tell you what's better because they have never left their home town.

The rest of them can't speak english.

Travis
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Pigs and axis deer.. Sam, just call in sick for a week or so.

You must have a place picked out...

Travis
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Montana seems to me to be what a boy might think Texas is, listening to Texans, John Steinbeck
© 24hourcampfire