Home
What are your opinions on using a mechanical broadhead on black bears?
Can't be done legally here in Oregon. No mechanicals on big game at all.
Oregon is smart.......
Originally Posted by 1minute
Can't be done legally here in Oregon. No mechanicals on big game at all.
Same in Idaho.
Snuffer is my choice for bears or Magnus
I have lots of friends that have used the Rage broadheads with success. I shot my bear last September with a two blade rage and the bear went 15-20 yards and expired my only thoughts afterwards was the arrow pulled out fairly easy and the the blades were turned backwards after the shot which prevented the blades from cutting while inside the body cavity. With a complete pass thru this would not be a problem I tend to hunt fairly close from tree stands so my shots are more of a top downward direction. By the time I can bear hunt again there will be some other new broadhead out there, but I will give some serious thought to a good fixed blade broadhead.

Why would one mess with a mechanical, and that's after I have taken 3 ten point w.tails with them?

Get a 4 blade muzzy or slick tricks and worry about the weather and price of gas.
Two blade Zwiki cut on contact not very big on punch then cutting.
Used them on several whitetails here in the Texas hill country. Longest shot was 40 yrds went thru him like hot knife thru butter. I'm sure they would work on Black bear as well. Check out Jack Brittingham's Ultimate Hunting for Alaskan Big game volume11. He kills a giant Brownie with a mechanical broadhead and a mechanical bow.
© 24hourcampfire