Home
Posted By: Reba Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/03/13
I can not find the drawing date for Wyoming's antelope hunts.

I thought it was in June or maybe July??????
Posted By: mohick Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/03/13
Looked on WY fish and game site. Says results June 30th. Dosen't say when the draw is to be. People still have until close of business today to amend/cancel applications so for sure it hasen't happened yet. Hope this helps, I also wish they would hurry up
Posted By: Reba Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/03/13
I looked on their game site and could not fine it.

Thanks
Posted By: rlp10ml Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/03/13
I was told that the draw date is June 25th.
Posted By: DrHJH Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/10/13
Date of drawing in the hunting information is always worst-case and designed to reduce numbers of calls asking if the drawings are done. Go to G and F website, click on hunting, then drawing odds, check date when drawing odds were posted. They are posted the same day or day after the drawing results are posted. In 2012 drawings were done by June 14.
Posted By: 8nbait Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/12/13
I thought it was 6/15, impatiently waiting.
Posted By: TDN Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/15/13
yeah, checked today for kicks...nada
Posted By: DrHJH Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/18/13
Wyoming antelope, deer, resident elk drawing results will be posted at 10m AM the 19th. Don't know what took so long this year.
Posted By: EricM Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/19/13
... biting fingernails
Posted By: 805 Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/19/13
I cant wait. This is one of my last apps this year.
Originally Posted by EricM
... biting fingernails

Good luck Eric - I'm sure you guys will do fine. Allegedly you can go to the Wyoming Auditor page, click on the Vendor link and if you have a refund coming you don't have a tag - no refund and you are golden:)
Posted By: jmsdad Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/19/13
Successful!!

My 11yr old son and I both drew area 100/type7 two doe/fawn antelope tags each. Can't wait for the fall...
Another unsuccessful year in the WY draw. Oh well always leftovers!
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/19/13
Drew deer and antelope.
Did not get elk.

Steve
Posted By: wyoguide Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/19/13
Area 60 antelope tags for us. Took 20 years to draw them in 2011, now we are lucky again. Wife killed a buck in '11 that netted 80" after 60 days. Hope we can do it again........
Posted By: Hugh Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/19/13
I was successful deer ,antelope tags unit 70
had a good year previous
Originally Posted by wyoguide
Area 60 antelope tags for us. Took 20 years to draw them in 2011, now we are lucky again. Wife killed a buck in '11 that netted 80" after 60 days. Hope we can do it again........

Congrats on a great tag.

One of these years it's going to be my turn! I can hardly wait.

Dink
Posted By: CKW Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/19/13
Struck out again this year. cry Makes two years in a row that I did not draw a tag after four years of getting two tags a year. Really bums me out because Father Time is not on my side!
Didn't draw myself, now sitting on 5 points.
Posted By: Heeler Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/19/13
Are the leftover available then to nonresidents too?
Leftovers are first come first serve to both residents and non residents.
Posted By: EricM Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/19/13
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Originally Posted by EricM
... biting fingernails

Good luck Eric - I'm sure you guys will do fine. Allegedly you can go to the Wyoming Auditor page, click on the Vendor link and if you have a refund coming you don't have a tag - no refund and you are golden:)

Thanks Frank. I drew antelope and deer. :-)

Eric
Man, my group got worked over. Tags were reduced by about 25% in two of our options and out of about 12 applications, only 3 of us drew antelope does. One drew 2 tags though.
Posted By: mohick Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/19/13
success here all drew 2 youth 3 adult area 26 tough unit but always productive just takes a lot of patience for them to come on what little public ground there is! good luck to all, happy hunting
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/19/13
Got an either sex antelope tag for between Farson and Pinedale, plus two doe/fawn tags near Fontenelle.

General season for deer/elk for me. I'll probably pick up an extra 102 cow tag too.

Its goona be a bloody fall.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/19/13
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
Drew deer and antelope.
Did not get elk.

Steve

what areas?
Buddy and I drew GMU 107 muzzle-loader/handgun antelope tags.
Posted By: LBP Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/20/13
I drew two doe tags and my 12 year old drew a doe tag and buck tag. Woo Hoo this will be his first goat hunt.
Posted By: PaHuntin Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/20/13
I was finally able to draw a tag for Unit 93.
Posted By: rlp10ml Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/20/13
Two of my Friends and I all got drawn for Area 23...We can't wait,this is our first time Antelope hunting! Going with Bighorn Mountain Outfitters,Toby Johnson............
Posted By: Hugh Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/20/13
yep
Posted By: LBP Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/20/13
Originally Posted by rlp10ml
Two of my Friends and I all got drawn for Area 23...We can't wait,this is our first time Antelope hunting! Going with Bighorn Mountain Outfitters,Toby Johnson............

Area 23 for us too. Lots of goats around Gillette.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/20/13
Originally Posted by PaHuntin
I was finally able to draw a tag for Unit 93.

I work for the BLM and while most of unit 93 is not in my field office, some of it is. I know it pretty well if you don't. PM me if you are not sure of the area. I actually drew 2 doe/fawn tags for 93, but have to stay NW of highway 189. Good luck.
Area 67 for us. Went with eastmans mrs recommendation. It was listed as a blue chip unit. Will be our first goat hunt. Hope us kentucky boys get some luck.
Posted By: MHWASH Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/20/13
Drew 72 again after 3 years.
Posted By: BobT Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/20/13
Originally Posted by MHWASH

Hunted 72 last year, numbers are way down from 3 years ago. We did see 2 bucks with horns in the 17" range but one had no prongs, or mass to speak of, just really tall, the other one was a monster but we had tagged out on bucks and were looking for does by then.

How about that for a run-on sentence.

We drew our third choice,unit 21, should be interesting.

Bob
Posted By: TDN Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/20/13
Unit 50 for bucks and does for our crew!! Pumped to get us all in on tags together this year!
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/20/13
eh76

Antelope is 017 and deer is Area C.
They are on the Powder River 12 miles North of I-90.

Have hunted there for about the last 10 years.

Methane gas drilling spooked the Mule deer pretty badly but they are coming back with the significantly reduced gas activity.

Steve
Posted By: MHWASH Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/20/13
Originally Posted by BobT

Hunted 72 last year, numbers are way down from 3 years ago. We did see 2 bucks with horns in the 17" range but one had no prongs, or mass to speak of, just really tall, the other one was a monster but we had tagged out on bucks and were looking for does by then.

Bob

We had heard the numbers were down. Thought for sure we would draw last year with 2 points. Should still be fun, we also got 2 doe tags a piece.
No tag for me.....does anyone know how they refund money now? Do they put it back on credit card or mail a check?
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/20/13
CHECK
Posted By: BobT Re: Wyoming Goat Draw Date? - 06/21/13
Originally Posted by BobT

Bob

We had heard the numbers were down. Thought for sure we would draw last year with 2 points. Should still be fun, we also got 2 doe tags a piece.

Our best luck was on the far western side of the unit, good luck!
© 24hourcampfire