Home
Wyoming GMU 107 with a muzzleloader. Will be leaving Saturday morning at 0' dark-thirty for a few days scouting prior to the opener next Tuesday! I'm off work until Monday the 26th, so will be a little picky. Can't hardly wait for some much needed R&R!
I hope you enjoy yourself; that sounds heavenly! Hunting is fun enough... But hunting when you have lots of time to scout & fill a tag... In God's country, no less... Turning green here!
Good luck! A bit green here also but happy for you. The good time of the year is about on us!
Going to area 42 end of September. First hunt west of Nebraska Sandhills.

Can't wait !!
Good luck and safe hunting
Good luck to all of you guys - I will probably not make it this year so you all post up lots of pictures for the rest of us:)
I bowhunted 68 last year and had a fantastic hunt.

We went 5 for 5 on bucks on public land. Can't beat Wyoming!
Alright, Ghost. Love to see sme pics.

Good luck, GW.
Good luck Mr. Waputi! I thought for sure I would have drawn WY antelope, but no luck. Have lots of fun & plz post up some pictures.

Bob
Hunted that unit a few years ago. All three of us tagged out. Saw prolly 4-5 hundred per day. Good luck.
John
GW - as one always interested in longer range muzzleloading - what's your set-up for lopes?
Good luck GW!!!!! I will be up in 47 in Oct to hopefully find one I like!!!!
.50 cal. CVA Apex, red-dot scope, Barnes 250gr TEZ, 100gr 777 pellets. Not really a long range rig, but it'll work. Utah limits us to red-dot, open sites, or 1x scope and I don't want to switch everything up at this point.
Very nice, makes sense to run what you are comfortable with for sure.
Good luck out there!
THE long range setup is a TC Encore with 250gr Barnes, 150gr 777 pellets and a Rem 209 primer.
Shoots 2" at 150yds (zeroed distance) and is pie plate accurate to 300.
Key to all this is to use Leupold 3-9 with LRD recticle. When zeroed at 150, each of the other marks match up to 2, 250 and 3hundred yds.
My buddy uses same setup except 120gr Blackhorn and killed a lope at 309 yds on this same hunt a few yrs ago.
John

ps. the antelope on this hunt are very tough to get in close. Serious stalking skills or a pit blind are in order.
Good luck. Get a whopper!!!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Serious winter kill in the Rock Springs and South Pass area. Didn't see a 10th of the antelope as three years ago. Had three bucks on our hit list from 2-1/2 days scouting and killed #1 and #3. I missed the bigger one at just under 200 yards opening morning and he ran 1/4 mile right into my buddy who was further across the valley. Right place right time. 80 yards with White. 50.

Killed my buck yesterday morning after two hours of cat and mouse through the trees and rocks. 135 yards with my CVA Apex. 50. Both shooting red dots. Had them skinned and on ice within an hour. Had tenderloin for dinner last night... Delicious! Broke camp this morning and headed home now.
Y'all suck! No antelope hunting for me this year!
Awesome! Glad you both filled tags and enjoyed the hunt. Nice 'lopes too!
Nice Goats!
Really fine looking bucks - congrats to both of you!
Congrats! Nice looking goats!

Bob
Thanks, guys, it was a fun hunt, even with the low numbers. Good company, good food, cold drinks, nice weather, beautiful country, and we killed decent bucks. Don't know why I look like such a sour puss, because I thought I was smiling. Guess I'll blame it on the cameraman and the sun being in my eyes!.... grin
Very nice bucks, congrats! Hope to find two like that in a few weeks...
Congrats on some good animals.
Awesome!!! 2 bucks with character and with a muzzleloader!!! Congrats!!!
That is pretty country. I've hunted just west of there many times. Great bucks and pictures.
Good bucks and fantastic scenery! I am really turning green here! Congrats!
Yesssirrree GW! Great stuff and a hearty congrats from here.
Nice! I got a tag for the E side of Unit 90. Can't start till Sep though.
Nice bucks, congrats!!
Eric, when you going??
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Awesome! Glad you both filled tags and enjoyed the hunt. Nice 'lopes too!

+1. 2 thumbs up!!!
Congratulations on a great hunt! laugh cool
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Eric, when you going??

Beginning of Oct!
Great looking goats, GW. Glad you guys had a good hunt.
Thanks again, guys. Wish I could find a good spot to hunt antelope every year as it's an absolute blast, especially with a muzzleloader. I drew one in Utah four years ago, but it took seven points to draw a mediocre unit. This tag takes at least three points for a non-resident to draw.

Also, good luck to those who have upcoming hunts!
© 24hourcampfire