Home
Your bow string is waxed.Bullits are in the pocket, But howabout the U-joints, or greasezerts. This is the time to spend with here.
Mine is a 1946 Willys jeep. It is very old but in very good shape. Have a low tire at present but everything else is good to go. I pull my plotmaster w/it to put in my small food plot and do chores around my small place. powdr
2002 Tundra...works for pretty much everything I need
1997 Lexus LX450. It's a Toyota Land Cruiser with a Lexus badge. It's getting about time to put on the winter mud grips in preparation for deer and duck season.
2000 ford ranger 4 cylinder. lol

stylish
And why not? All it's got to do is get you there and back, hopefully with dead animals during the return.

Our hunting rigs are our everyday vehicles, both year 2000 4WD pickups, a Toyota Tacoma and a Ford F350. They always wear mud'n'snow tires so are ready to rock.
Mine is a 2011 Chevy Silvarado, Z-71 Ext. Cab 4x4. For getting around the hunting lease, an '04 Suzuki Eiger 400, 4x4 four wheeler, which I haul in the truck.

The Z-71 is my everyday ride.

DF
1990 Isuzu Pickup.
Unfortunately it is only 2wd but it gets the job done.
"Back to the future" with all these 2000 models hunting in the 1970's 80's and 90's. Unless I misunderstand the point of the thread.

I started hunting in the early 70's. At first I drove the only car I owned, a 1969 Firebird. Later I bought a 1968 IH Scout that I used for a year or 3. Upgraded to a 76 Jeep PU for a while. By 1980 I had graduated from college and I bought a new 1985 F-150 4X4 in Jan 1985. Drove it 10 years and traded for a 1995 just like it. Drove seveal other Fords and 1 Dodge until trading for the 07 Tacoma I currently use.
It's a 1995 Dodge Ram 2500. Beat up body but still runs good, much like its owner. A real beater with a heater. The front bumper has accounted for a few deer and looks it. Gotta get a seal replaced in the transfer case before Oct. 15 but other than that were good to go.
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4.
An everyday vehicle that I choose to drive only once or twice a week to save on gas. Bought used in 2009 with only 66.5K miles. Runs great, but it really needs new tires before hunting season.
Originally Posted by czsharpshooter
1990 Isuzu Pickup.

4WD is so when you get stuck in 2WD you can rescue yourself
Like Liliysdad, mine is my trusty, aging 2002 Tundra. It's hunted in CO and SD 3 times each and countless hunting trips in OK and TX. It is going Elk hunting in CO again next month.
2002 Ford Ranger 4X4, 168,000+ miles and still going strong.
The reason that I ended with the 90,s is well hunting rigs are also tree huggers.
We usually take my 2004 dodge 1500 quad cab or my 2001 f250 crew cab 7.3 power stroke if we have alot of gear or people to haul. I need to get it to the shop for a couple long overdue recall repairs before rifle season starts!
Judging by the number of rifle cases I'm unloading on every flight, it's the 737 Boeing... smile
Mine is a 1963 International Scout.....with 4.88 gears! The "new" truck is a 1996 Ford Bronco with 4.10 gears and 8* of lift (36" tires).

05 Dodge Caravan......
Treated myself to the first new rig I've had in 25 years, a spanking new Jeep Wrangler. One year old now, with 12,000 miles on it, the Jeep has carried a bear, a whitetail buck, a mulie buck and a pronghorn. I thought that was pretty good. It's been a great little hunting and fishing rig.
Just traded my old trusty 2001 Ford Explorer for a used Acura MDX. Kinda fancy for a hunting vehicle. I had 175K on my Ford and figured I got most of the good miles out of it. At the dealer my wife asked about my feelings of using something as nice for a hunting vehicle. I said I'd have no trouble throwing a dead deer in the back of it. The salesman laughed kind of nervous like.
Would have liked to have had a Toyota 4 runner but just couldn't see $30K for a used SUV. Got a good deal on the MDX, a 2007 with only 49,000 miles.

Next month I'll be driving that Acura to the airport, riding a Boeing 737 to SLC, driving a tiny compact rental car into Idaho, and then taking Rockchuck's string of 4-leg-drive llamas up into the mountains for a 5 day pack trip! How's that for multiple hunting vehicles?
Just picked up a 1984 ranger to add to the fleet of hunting vehicles
1959 Willy's Wagon w/ the Super Hurricane 6. Yes we climb trees and rocks.....:-)
Have used it for 11 seasons.
Cheers
2012 Lariat 4x4 wink
2000 GMC 3/4 ton, 6.0L vortec. Just threw new Moog ball joints, pitman and older arm in it. New drivers side cat is next.
'04 F-150... I've driven the [bleep] out of it and it's had a lot of dead stuff in the back. Very comfortable hunting rig....

'61 International Scout, but it's needing work, so the trusty '06 Honda Rincon or Kawasaki Mule for cruising around the ranchito.
Originally Posted by czsharpshooter
1990 Isuzu Pickup.
I wonder what color it is
The main hunting rig is an 07 dodge standard cab 2500 4x4 Cummins with a canopy. Sometimes I load the 85 samurai hardtop on the car hauler as my 4wheeler with a heater. Over the years I have used 72b2000, 65 IH 1/2ton 2wheel drive, 71 scout, 65 suburban 2 door 4x4, 86 dodge 2500 4x4, 91 F250 4x4, Ford Granada wagon, 82 Renault wagon, etc.
Originally Posted by kawi
Your bow string is waxed.Bullits are in the pocket, But howabout the U-joints, or greasezerts. This is the time to spend with here.

I need to reply regarding a pet peeve of mine! It is Grease Zerk not Zert. Named after Oscar U. Zerk in January 1929.
Mine was a blue/white 1973 Jeep J-2000 4WD pickup. Had a 460 CU engine - used a lot of gas!
Right now its my everyday driver a 1995 T100 2wd. This spring I'm planing on picking up a suv for a family hunting/camping/fishing rig. Looking hard at Jeep Cherokees, a lot of 4x4 for 2.5-4K$
97 NISSAN 2WD 4 CYLINDER TRUCK BOUGHT OFF Rock Chucker been through hell even had it stolen while turkey hunting police recovered it a couple weeks later behind a Walmart at Lake of the Ozarks while i was hunting in Montana.they had spray painted the whole thing black even the wheels.still has alot of black paint on it talk about ugly.
I bought this one new in 1975. Just use it for outdoor stuff; hunting, fishing, camping, etc. Used it for years also to drive from Los Angeles north to our cabin in the Sierra of Tulare County, 300 miles roundtrip. Still runs like a champ and has 96,000 actual miles on it.

1975 Ford F250 4x4, 360 engine. Steel Gem Top, heavy brush
guard, extra 40 gallon gas tank, a Reese 10,000 lbs trailer towing package. I've spent many a night in the bed under that Gem Top.

[Linked Image]

I figure it'll outlast me. smile

L.W.
Leanwolf - that truck has been a good investment for you. Many years of service from a very practical vehicle.

Nice...
This gets it done for me.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
'91 diesel Burb with 1 ton axles (Dana 60/14 bolt), Detroit Lockers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire