Home
Posted By: RevMike Long-legged Boar - 04/16/14
Check out the legs on this boar. My niece's husband took him early yesterday evening with a Browning X-Bolt (.308) at about 60 yards. The boar weighed about 100 pounds and had a fresh set of cutters. He couldn't have been too old as his cutters were sharp and he wasn't scarred up. In addition to a nice color and head shape, that pig was one long-legged critter.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JPro Re: Long-legged Boar - 04/16/14
That one is long-legged for sure. Only ones I ever killed with legs like that had a good bit of domestic pig in them, although they weren't as coarse-haired or big-headed as our normal hogs. Interesting genetic traits in that one....
Posted By: LateBloomer Re: Long-legged Boar - 04/16/14
Long in the leg but still looking good for a BBQ grin
Nice one congrats to the hunter!
Posted By: LouisB Re: Long-legged Boar - 04/18/14
As we kill off the slower short legged pigs natural selection comes inn and favors survival and breeding of long legged "Speed Pigs"!

Meat hunters will kill less of them as they are not looking for leg bonez to put on the smoker so that will aggravate the situation.
Posted By: RevMike Re: Long-legged Boar - 04/18/14
Originally Posted by LouisB
As we kill off the slower short legged pigs natural selection comes inn and favors survival and breeding of long legged "Speed Pigs"!

Meat hunters will kill less of them as they are not looking for leg bonez to put on the smoker so that will aggravate the situation.

Brilliant! So eventually we'll have pigs so fast we'll have something to compete with African plains game right here in Florida and Texas. Natural selection at its finest. grin
Posted By: JPro Re: Long-legged Boar - 04/18/14
Next they will grow armadillo shells and opposable thumbs.
Originally Posted by JPro
Next they will grow armadillo shells and opposable thumbs.

I'm seeing a .416 Rigby in my future.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Long-legged Boar - 04/18/14
Maybe it's inter-species breeding?

Looks like a buck deer got his momma!
Originally Posted by ironbender
Maybe it's inter-species breeding?

Looks like a buck deer got his momma!

Well, I think we're going to give him a try on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully he'll taste like pig. But we shall see.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Long-legged Boar - 04/26/14

Nice looking Boar.. He's dead.

Really, nice pig.
Posted By: RevMike Re: Long-legged Boar - 04/26/14
Put him on the grill and basted him in lemon juice and mojo seasoning. Those long legs tasted pretty good.
© 24hourcampfire