Home
Well my son had his first hunt as the trigger young man and he could not get it done. I was happy to see he drew a special, ES antelope tag on a great ranch.

He did well, after many failed stalks, he got his chance. .308 125gr NBT, 285 yards and bam. I am proud of him and was a great weekend with my kids. A added bonus my daughter went and saw the whole thing. Now she wants to go so she can beat her brother.

Not a monster, but a great first antelope. Thanks for alowing me to share.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Way to go and congrats. Looks like contrary to the post, he did get it done! And done very well!
Thanks for sharing. Good on you getting em started young.
Well done. He will remember that for a long time... Congrats.
Nice poke for a youngster
Looks like a trophy to me! Congratulations to you and the young man.

May he be blessed to hunt for many years.
Excellent hunting1 ! Congratulations to you and your son! Very good that your daughter wants to try her hand at it too!
CONGRATULATIONS! cool cool
hunting1;
Thanks for sharing the family hunt photos with us and please send along congratulations to your son on the pronghorn and the fine shooting. cool

I'll send you a tip of the hat too as these hunts don't happen without a lot of time and effort put in by the parents/mentors of the young hunters. Well done sir.

Thanks again and all the best luck to you and yours in the rest of this fall's hunts.

Dwayne
Very cool, indeed! Congratulations--you have both of them hooked, now. As BC30cal said, it takes a lot of effort to get to where they are now, and you deserve the credit.
Congrats to all of you! Looks like a fine buck to me especially for the 1st one!
I burned many bullets on my 1st Antelope too!
Congrats to the young man and proud Dad.
Very nice, conrgats to all.
Excellent hunting1; very nice work on both your parts. I look forward to seeing pictures of your daughter's success!

I am looking forward to a similar first with my son in Wyoming in just over a month!
285 yds. ain't a chip shot.

Tell him congrats from a short range meat hunter, and to daughter good luck.

Best,

GWB
Congrads! all around! looks like a Great Antelope too me!
Outstanding he'll always remember the first one especially with Dad..
Good going for all of you! I'd be happy to shoot that one, good on your boy!
That's a great goat! Well done!
Awesome! ! Ill bet he is absolutely hooked now.

Congrats to you and your boy.

Josh
Congratulations to your son, way to go dad!
That's a really nice goat! Can't all be monsters all the time. Great Shooting too! Good way to start the lad. Congrats young fella. I think I was going on 40 when I got my first one. Count your blessing for a Dad who cares enough to get you to enjoy the outdoors!
Awesome moment for both of you! Congratulations and nice shooting! smile

Eric
Wow, priceless stuff right there, thanks for including us in your wonderful hunt...he's hooked for life!
Thank you all for your kind words! I found the shank on the 125 NBT has about 40-grs left. Not sure why I used it instead of the NAB, but definitely a varmint bullet. I will note out of the antelope I have killed and seen it went down hard.

Now for my turn, bring on September and Arizona elk......
Super! Congrats to the both of you. Well done.
Very nice to see. He won't soon forget that day. I remember my first deer shot with my dad like it was yesterday. 36 years ago now and counting.
Congratulations.
Awesome. Congrats! I can't wait to get my son out hunting this fall. He will also be carrying a 308. Good work!

Love it. Good on both of you - thanks for sharing.
Awesome!
So cool!
Congratulations to your son, and to you for getting your kids involved. Good luck in Sept too.
Good stuff... Congrats to you both.
Friggen awesome! Saw it on Monster Mulies. New Mexico has produced some MONSTER bucks this year with all the rain. I love seeing how green it is there.

That 3rd picture looks like it has the hill at Wagon Mound in the background?

Congrats to your boy! Great first animal.
That's awesome! My oldest is 12 next June, we're talking about Hunter Ed and trying to plan his first hunt next year for speed goats too.
Outstanding! Congratulations to you both...
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986
Friggen awesome! Saw it on Monster Mulies. New Mexico has produced some MONSTER bucks this year with all the rain. I love seeing how green it is there.

Just north of Wagon Mound near Chillete lakes.

Thanks to all for your kind words and encouragement. It meant a lot to him since he could not make it work last year. I hope he is hooked.
Congratulations to your son.
Nothing better than that!!!! Congrats to you both

3rd pic? John did you bump your head?
Very nice. Congrats to all!
Originally Posted by eh76

3rd pic? John did you bump your head?

???
Nice job Dad and Congrats to the kid!
© 24hourcampfire