Home
Posted By: canoetrpr Kifaru gun bearer ??' - 11/07/14
This thing arrived in the mail with no instructions whatsoever on what it is even supposed to hook up to or how.

I may not simpler not be the brightest guy out there. Can anyone share with me the details of how to use this please.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Kifaru gun bearer ??' - 11/07/14
Put the butt saddle on the belt, QR strap on the shoulder strap. Put the butt in, clamp the foreend in the QR and adjust for comfort and balance.....
it should look like this...

http://store.kifaru.net/gun-bearers-p30.aspx
Posted By: canoetrpr Re: Kifaru gun bearer ??' - 11/07/14
You're da man! Thanks.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Kifaru gun bearer ??' - 11/07/14
Last year I hunted with Snubbie who had one that he likes. I made my own for this year from a bunch of pieces of webbing and buckles I had on hand. It works just like the commercial one.

They work great, but....it's hard to control the barrel if you're following someone up a hill. As you bend over to climb, it's too easy to get the muzzle pointed at them. It's better if you're alone or leading the group.
you can also run the foreend under the sternum strap, kinda cross-chest. That is actually the way I prefer to use it...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Kifaru gun bearer ??' - 11/07/14
Originally Posted by canoetrpr
I may not simpler not be the brightest guy out there.

Dude!! You're showing your colors.

Just kidding. laugh
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Kifaru gun bearer ??' - 11/08/14
Originally Posted by huntsman22

[Linked Image]

Do you find that it's a pita to use your binos? Or that they bang into your rifle constantly?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Kifaru gun bearer ??' - 11/08/14
They don't bang or move at all. They kinda wedge in tight under the foreend. No slop or banging involved... All ya gotta do to use them is just slip em sideways and pull them to yer face......

it's all in how you adjust the set-up.
Posted By: canoetrpr Re: Kifaru gun bearer ??' - 11/08/14
Looks like a good setup huntsman
© 24hourcampfire