Home
I drew my moose choice... :gasp:
Nada. Not surprised.
No go for me....yet again. I think this makes 22 years of applying for Idaho sheep.
No goat for me but my friend drew same California Bighorn as I did in 2014 so I'll be with him.
No moose here, yet again
Little brother drew his moose in SE Idaho. Guess I will be rifle bearer and on the butcher team.
I missed on a sheep tag in Unit 42. Now hoping for a super hunt tag....
I have high hopes for this hunt. A friend hunted there in 2014 and saw a lot of bulls and one really big one.

Here's a picture of some he passed on
[Linked Image]

It looks like a genes in the area are strong for single point brow tines.
Did someone say single brow shiras bulls?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

TinMan..........you da man..........

Marlin no less..............
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Yup great rifle choice for sure.
I would agree that one was a shooter!

I had a friend in Alaska who shot a number of BIG (68" was his last) bulls but they were all double brow tines. Finding the complete package in one rack can be a challenge. This whole once in a lifetime adds even more pressure.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Duh...

where you been fuqker?
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Did someone say single brow shiras bulls?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

1-4x Leupold?
444 or 45/70?
1-4x20 VXII Leupold and chambered in .450 Marlin.

Killed hi with the 325 flextip at ~80 yards.
Sorr to hear that, I was pulling for you. Might have to go that route next year...
I appreciate that Akbob...but I am used to itlaugh

I put in for 23 hunts this year, and about as many last year and most other year since I was in my teens. I have only drawn that moose tag and one hard to get deer tag. I'll take what I can get without complaint...general deer and elk, plus some easy antelope draws...

I did finally draw a decent (~25% odds) caribou tag in Alaska this year, so I got that going for me.
© 24hourcampfire