Home
https://m.facebook.com/bowhuntersofwy/posts/682748191897527

Seems he was busted in 2015 also. Wow! Not that I like their show anyway but I hope it's cancelled.
From what I know about him, it could not have happened to anyone more worthy. Just a shame that he got a better deal than a lot of people would have gotten who did not have his money. I have tried to watch the show, but he and his boys (especially the one who does most of the show) get on my nerves. Let me say, when they hunt in "Olla", LA, it is not actually in the same Parish as Olla is. It is in Winn Parish, but is closer to Olla than it is to Winnfield in Winn Parish. I grew up in Olla and lived there the 1st 45 yrs. of my life. I hunted the land that they now hunt while growing up. The vast majority of the land was timber company land and open to the public. Fast forward to when LA Pacific decided to close their plywood operations around home and sold all of their timber land, 25+/- yrs. ago. Some was sold to other timber companies, but Big Bill bought a lot of it and the 1st thing he did was put a high fence around most of his land. It is a LOT of land to be under high fence, but it is.

His "I'm better than you" attitude has not set well with the local people in Olla. There truly is no telling what is done behind the fence. He is a former Wildlife and Fisheries Commissioner (or something like that). This, I think, was under the Mike Foster administration when there were a lot of changes in the LWF during that time. In other words, he is politically connected and see no way that anyone here in this state will mess with them. Or at least, that is my thinking. I know how things work here. If he stops hunting here it will surprise me. However, we would never know what goes on behind the "wall"!
Yeah, kinda like Darner in Colorado
Okay, sounds like a good thing he got caught.

OTOH, I haven't watch any hunting/fishing program in a while. I actually don't remember when. The "editing" is what ruined me.
1 example. I was watching 'some' hunting show. A young guy was sitting under a tree watching/hunting. An animal was NOT shown, he makes a shot....commercial... show resumes the guy gets up to go look and FOUND the animal.

The KICKER - The moon was MUCH closer (larger) in the second scene. I had recorded it so, I re watched- ha! shocked
smirk Also the guy showed NO excitement at all.
Last show recorded or watched.

Jerry

Couldn't have happened to a bigger jerk. When he fenced in his property he fenced other peoples land in with his. He won in court because he's well connected.
Every so often you see someone like that get what they deserve-or at least part of it. His show has always been a joke, I feel bad for the folks that get sucked in to following something that type of show.

Not a lot of great stuff out there on t.v., thankfully one of our own (Randy aka Big Fin) does it right.
These clowns are the definition of knuckleheads. Their show is unwatchable. As a repeat offender they should have thrown the book at Bill.
It's amazing how many here already know him. MooseMike, you are spot on. It is hard to believe that it happened. Some of it was family land from many years back. For those who are expecting sponsors to drop their show, I wouldn't count on it. I THINK they either own or have a big interest in most of the companies who sponsor them.
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
It's amazing how many here already know him. MooseMike, you are spot on. It is hard to believe that it happened. Some of it was family land from many years back. For those who are expecting sponsors to drop their show, I wouldn't count on it. I THINK they either own or have a big interest in most of the companies who sponsor them.

Well, they don't OWN the Outdoor Sportsman's Group Networks (Outdoor Channel), and the Outdoor Channel just put their program on an indefinite hiatus . .

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/201...ks-suspend-bill-busbice-wildgame-nation/
That clown is worth over 100 million dollars. Just for boycott purposes, he owns Wild Game Innovations, Barnett Crossbows and Flextone Game Calls. I have never liked his TV shows, and he has always appeared as a complete ass, to me. That fine is nothing but coffee money to that puke. He made his money in oil, originally and owns 55,000 acres in Louisiana.
Runs deer with dogs in a high fence. What a sportsman. About time hunters quit trying to cover for high fence shooters.
Lots of different kinds of high fences. miles
Originally Posted by sbhooper
That clown is worth over 100 million dollars. Just for boycott purposes, he owns Wild Game Innovations, Barnett Crossbows and Flextone Game Calls. I have never liked his TV shows, and he has always appeared as a complete ass, to me. That fine is nothing but coffee money to that puke. He made his money in oil, originally and owns 55,000 acres in Louisiana.
IIRC, they are the head honcho's behind Plano Synergy. Lots of brands under that umbrella...

http://www.planosynergy.com/
Seems a travesty not to have him pay max fine plus have to do the time. That SOB will get his before the Creator of those creatures he obviously cares nothing for.

I saw a post on a Facebook hunting group that was bashing the Busbices. This was a couple years ago. I asked some questions and some good ole Louisiana boys fillied me on on why they hate Big Bill Busbice. That's the reason I know about the azzclown. I also saw on TV Jackie Bushman and Bill Jordan hobknob around with the idiot.
Originally Posted by moosemike
I also saw on TV Jackie Bushman and Bill Jordan hobknob around with the idiot.

I can't stomach Jackie Bushman or that oaf, Busbice. You can put G.O. Heath on that list too.
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Well, they don't OWN the Outdoor Sportsman's Group Networks (Outdoor Channel), and the Outdoor Channel just put their program on an indefinite hiatus . .

I saw that earlier today. But if the Outdoor Channel really wants to get him, let them forbid any ad money from the Plano Synergy group to show they are serious about it.

As has been stated, they are reported to run dogs behind the high fence. Bill was tabbed as being responsible for dog hunting to even still exist in this state when the state wanted to ban them a few years ago. And I have been told by some of the guys who have been inside the fence to log timber on their property that there is a secondary fence inside the big fence. I think that all those who have hobnobbed with Bill and the boys including Willie Robertson, ought to come out and say that they are severing ties with the Plano group. But, that's my opinion.
He is a total Buffoon. I also don't think he made his money in oil. If I remember correctly, he sued a big oil company and won a huge settlement for something. I'd have to research that to be sure though. Not a self made guy at all. Fell into money and acts like a complete idiot. No telling how many other violations he has committed and not gotten caught.

Lee
He started up a hot shot company which he sold, that's where the money started.
I never heard of the guy until the posts on the 'Fire in the last few days. Reading other things about him, he seems to be a class A douchebag.
Me neither, never heard of the guy till a couple days ago or watched the show, glad he got busted nonetheless.
More good news, regarding the drunken douche . . . . . .

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1498760458m4h9prwq20w
That is wonderful news! Thanks for sharing,
Good!

Good deal, guy is a total Scumbag..

Like swatting an elephant in the ass with a fiddle.
Never heard of him until it was mentioned on the 'fire. Whenever I see anyone with the nickname "Big (choose your name)", I immediately think azzwhole. This just reenforces that opinion. Glad I've never unknowingly purchased any of his products.

Jeff
Willie Robertson thinks he's the greatest thing around. Maybe Willie will learn to pick better friends.
Damn.....there goes the Miss Wildgame Nation show too.

Dont forget Lee and Tiffany fondling his nuts over their Wildgame Innovation cameras smirk
Originally Posted by Gristle

Dont forget Lee and Tiffany fondling his nuts over their Wildgame Innovation cameras smirk

Those two are idiots, too. Pukey TV at its finest.
Originally Posted by sbhooper
Originally Posted by Gristle

Those two are idiots, too. Pukey TV at its finest.

I wonder if they buy and release game farm bucks on their hunting property. They sure kill a lot of either big bucks or dumb big bucks.

I saw that earlier today. But if the Outdoor Channel really wants to get him, let them forbid any ad money from the Plano Synergy group to show they are serious about it.

As has been stated, they are reported to run dogs behind the high fence. Bill was tabbed as being responsible for dog hunting to even still exist in this state when the state wanted to ban them a few years ago. And I have been told by some of the guys who have been inside the fence to log timber on their property that there is a secondary fence inside the big fence. I think that all those who have hobnobbed with Bill and the boys including Willie Robertson, ought to come out and say that they are severing ties with the Plano group. But, that's my opinion.

Something wrong with hunting Deer with Dogs, other than the high fence. Shoot with some Virginia Boys that do it and it sounds like fun. They are more than a little pizzzzed at the tree stand crowd that has shut it down in most of the State.
Good riddance.
Wait for the "I apologize, I've embarrassed myself, family and sponsors. I can only hope ya'all can find the gracious to forgive me. If I can somehow regain your trust, you have my word I will always respect the outdoor traditions we all cherish."

Just wait, it's coming. Maybe even a donated youth Deer hunt to show sincerity.
Battue, spot-on. smile
Originally Posted by battue
Wait for the "I apologize, I've embarrassed myself, family and sponsors. I can only hope ya'all can find the gracious to forgive me. If I can somehow regain your trust, you have my word I will always respect the outdoor traditions we all cherish."

Just wait, it's coming. Maybe even a donated youth Deer hunt to show sincerity.

He's been sponsoring a hunt for terminally ill kids, handicapped hunters, and wounded soldiers for the last few years. He may sponsor more, I don't know. I just know about this hunt.
Hillary has a foundation to hep po kids. smile
Maybe Big Bill and Jimmy Swaggart were drinking out of the same well.

I've broken some of the rules in my younger days. Perhaps Big Bill and Jimmy can help me stay on the right path. Maybe I should give them a call.
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
He's been sponsoring a hunt for terminally ill kids, handicapped hunters, and wounded soldiers for the last few years. He may sponsor more, I don't know. I just know about this hunt.

When Big Bill bought what is now known as the high fence land, there was a part of it that was separated by a road that went to people's houses and an old country church that is still in use. The block of land that was separated was 1333 acres as I recall. It was a hunting club that my daddy headed up when LP first leased land until the sale of the land to Busbice. When the high fence went up around that part of the land, they put a sign on the gate that, again if I remember correctly, had Buckmasters on it and said something about it being used for special kid's hunts. A few years ago, the sign came down so not sure why.

IF Big Bill makes an apology, I'm not sure that he can sell the "I'm really sorry about this" line. And if it takes this long to make an apology, IMO, it is because a PR rep is trying only to do damage control. But I suspect he is only sorry he got caught and not sorry he did the deed.
It's going to take money for Bill to make up for his transgressions. Don't be shy, help, open up your hearts and wallets for the man. You will feel better for doing so. And if you can find a little more, maybe send Jimmy a donation also.

(Bill isn't the only one. What goes on behind those gates, etc, etc. Best save your pennies.)
Nailed it battue.......

Statement by Bill Busbice
Last October, I inadvertently shot a female calf elk while attempting to shoot a bull elk. To make matters worse, I left the scene and failed to report the incident to the warden. The failure to immediately notify the warden was horrible judgment on my part, and for that, I was fined, placed on probation, and lost my privilege to hunt.
To be clear, the shot was an accident, and while the failure to report my mistake was inexcusable, I have never and would never intentionally poach. This incident is not reflective of who I am as an outdoorsman. I have spent over 40 years speaking out against poaching and will continue to do everything I can to rebuild trust with the outdoor community.
I am deeply sorry for what I did and I am aware that I breached the trust of my fellow hunters in the process. I have accepted the consequences of my mistake and hope everyone will forgive my lapse in judgement.
Respectfully,
Bill Busbice
How do you shoot a calf elk by accident?

B.S.

I hope it costs him....
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS

When Big Bill bought what is now known as the high fence land, there was a part of it that was separated by a road that went to people's houses and an old country church that is still in use. The block of land that was separated was 1333 acres as I recall. It was a hunting club that my daddy headed up when LP first leased land until the sale of the land to Busbice. When the high fence went up around that part of the land, they put a sign on the gate that, again if I remember correctly, had Buckmasters on it and said something about it being used for special kid's hunts. A few years ago, the sign came down so not sure why.

IF Big Bill makes an apology, I'm not sure that he can sell the "I'm really sorry about this" line. And if it takes this long to make an apology, IMO, it is because a PR rep is trying only to do damage control. But I suspect he is only sorry he got caught and not sorry he did the deed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend what he did nor that sponsoring some hunts make up for it. Personally, I think he got of a lot easier than most "non celebrity" folks would have.
He not only "left the scene", he left the calf to rot. A lowlife POS in my opinion. All he's concerned with are antlers; big antlers, and stroking his ego.

Jeff
Originally Posted by ingwe
How do you shoot a calf elk by accident?

B.S.

I hope it costs him....

Most of the time, I have no clue. I suspect there is a tiny margin, miss the bull and hit something behind the bull or one pops its head up in front of the bull... but IMHO, no shot is that important that you can't and shouldn't wait for a totally clear shot.

I seriously doubt any of the "truth " spewing from his mouth is that....
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Nailed it battue.......

Last October, I inadvertently shot a female calf elk while attempting to shoot a bull elk. To make matters worse, I left the scene and failed to report the incident to the warden. The failure to immediately notify the warden was horrible judgment on my part, and for that, I was fined, placed on probation, and lost my privilege to hunt.
To be clear, the shot was an accident, and while the failure to report my mistake was inexcusable, I have never and would never intentionally poach. This incident is not reflective of who I am as an outdoorsman. I have spent over 40 years speaking out against poaching and will continue to do everything I can to rebuild trust with the outdoor community.
I am deeply sorry for what I did and I am aware that I breached the trust of my fellow hunters in the process. I have accepted the consequences of my mistake and hope everyone will forgive my lapse in judgement.
Respectfully,
Bill Busbice

Dear Bill,

GFY

Sincerely,

Colorado Bob
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Nailed it battue.......

Respectfully,
Bill Busbice

Bull Chit. GFY, Bill
Funny he writes this apology but forgets to include he was busted the previous year for buying more deer tags than allowed and also buying a resident elk tag but he was a Non resident.
It's been hard to read these last few lines. I've got so many tears in my eyes I can't see right now. If I thought he was sincere, I could forgive him. Can't wait to see how many other "ethical TV guys/gals" line up either to support him or distance themselves from him.
Cannot read his lines without seeing a smarmy smirk...
Originally Posted by 805
Funny he writes this apology but forgets to include he was busted the previous year for buying more deer tags than allowed and also buying a resident elk tag but he was a Non resident.

Didn't you read his statement? He would never intentionally poach.
Unintentional my ass! The calf was hit on like the 4th or 5th round of him shooting into a large herd. Then when the calf was discovered he told his employees to drag it into a culvert out of sight and leave it. So he intentionally neglected to notify a warden but also attempted to hide the evidence. Luckily the reporting party knew the whole event was on film so the wardens got all the evidence they needed via the unedited film including Bill making a comment about hitting the calf before he even managed to shoot the bull.

This alon is enough for me to condemn the bastard but the fact he got 2 citations last year is over the top. I hope he never works in the industry again, he is now the Lon Horiuchi of the tv hunting game.
Would not those who hid the evidence also be charged as accomplices? Obvious they knew what was going on.

Next up: Redemption reality TV "Bill finds his outdoor path thru adversity"
Intro by Jimmy Swagart. Background music by "Southern Culture on the Skids."
Ha, then he'll get a job counseling others on how to avoid the evils of poaching...
Crazy sheit can happen and mistakes can be made (if you're a duck hunter you remember the point days) but I never once thought about 'leaving' something behind.
"Avoid": Aka don't video the poach.
He is probably headed to Nugent's Redemption Camp right now...
Originally Posted by battue
Would not those who hid the evidence also be charged as accomplices? Obvious they knew what was going on.

Next up: Redemption reality TV "Bill finds his outdoor path thru adversity"
Intro by Jimmy Swagart. Background music by "Southern Culture on the Skids."

Don't forget to include "Spook" Spann.
What did Spann do?
Originally Posted by sambubba
What did Spann do?

He poached something. I remember hearing about it.
Originally Posted by sambubba
What did Spann do?

Spain pled guilty to a Lacey Act violation about 10 years ago. Apparently non residents who own land in Kansas can get special permits to hunt their own land. He used that tag to kill a 200+" buck on someone else's land hence a violation of his permit. Once he transported it out of state to his actual home he had transportation of an illegal deer and got popped. Cost him over 20k and a 1 year ban from participating in hunting in Kansas and 6 months hunting anywhere else. Dumbass took guys turkey hunting shortly there after and caught another charge resulting in jail time.
© 24hourcampfire