Home
Extra doe for me 👍
Got an elk tag, zilch on deer and antelope...not unexpected. The odds were poor on both of those.
Extra doe here also.
We haven't applied for deer in years but with this last winter's heavy snow, we applied for a different hunt where the snow wasn't nearly as deep. Our usual place has OTC tags but it got 250% normal snow and fawn mortality was very high. There won't be many hunters bringing home forkies from there this year. There's still a lot of snow up there needing melting.
No luck on deer or antelope but I draw an elk tag and a black bear tag. Happy Happy Joy Joy smile
I was in for sheep so no chance for me this round but my nephew drew a youth doe antelope tag in 54.

Rock Chuck, any suggestions? A doe should be pretty easy to find but what is your thoughts? Shoshone Basin?
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I was in for sheep so no chance for me this round but my nephew drew a youth doe antelope tag in 54.

Rock Chuck, any suggestions? A doe should be pretty easy to find but what is your thoughts? Shoshone Basin?
There's a small herd several miles east of Hollister, along the Hoppers Gulch road. They can be hard to find, though. There's a lot of country and not many of them there. Check out Shoshone Basin down toward the NV border.
Unit 14 muleys for me
I got a cow elk tag!!!
If you don't mind hunting cow elk, some of the controlled hunts don't fill so the drawing odds are 100%.
Son and I drew 54 Buck tags. Should be fun. Will be hunting elk with the bow this year, drew a good tag last year and have to wait out a year on antlered elk. Also got an unlimited archery antelope tag - won't use it until I get an elk.
© 24hourcampfire