Home
Posted By: taylorce1 Daughter's speed goat! - 10/18/17
[Linked Image]

Would have posted this sooner but we've been busy doing things. Opening morning we found this buck on my Dad's property, we put three stalks on this guy until we were able to get a good shot on him. My Daughter has been using for the last four years a M700 Classic in .300 Savage with an older gloss Burris Fullfield 3-9X40 duplex reticle zeroed at 300 yards, and her load was manufactured by Double Tap using 125 grain Nosler BT at 3000 fps.

Details of the shot are 350 yards from kneeling position rested on shooting shooting sticks. The hit was a little back but still managed to take both lungs with a very short death dash, leaving about a half dollar sized exit wound with a huge amount of blood and lung left behind. My Daughter has extreme confidence in this rifle and load, and is racking up quite a few one shot kills on game with it, unlike her old man who changes rifles and loads on a regular basis she has no desires to try anything different.

Anyway, just thought I'd share the success my Daughter is having.

Link to more pictures!

Posted By: Cinch Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/18/17
Great job congrats!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/18/17
Outstanding!!
Excellent!!!
Posted By: davidlea Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/18/17
Fantastic, congrats to you both! Thanks for posting.
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
That is awesome!!!!! Congratulations to y’all!!!!
Posted By: mmgravy Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Congrats to the both of you on a nice antelope shot with my favorite cartridge....
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Great looking Antelope! I am envious. I'd love to shoot an antelope and I'd love to be able to be content with one rifle / cartridge. A 700 Classic chambered in 300 Savage is as cool as it gets.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Awesome!!!
Posted By: rockchucker Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
very cool
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Congratulations to you both!
Posted By: SKane Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Well, alright! Good shootin' too.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
WTG young lady!
Nice Pronghorn!
And I love to see the rifle pointed away from those in the pic with the bolt open.
I have seen 3 pics like this lately and all are youthful hunters.
I hope they teach us "oldsters" some new tricks"
Posted By: RNF Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Well done, congrats to your Daughter .
Posted By: Justahunter Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Yes!

Todd
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Hopefully she'll have another picture to put up next week. Didn't connect yet, but we're looking for a plains mule deer for her ML hunt. Saw about 25 deer and 4-5 were bucks while hunting pronghorn, but couldn't find a single buck opening weekend. Plus Grandpa needed help with the cattle so she put the hunt on hold to give him a hand. Season closes Sunday so there's still hope.
Posted By: memtb Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Congratulations to you and your daughter! There’s nothing quite like your child or grandchild having a successful hunt! memtb
Posted By: Ralphie Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Great pictures and story. And she helps grandpa too.
Posted By: efw Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Awesome work on both your parts that is really cool love seeing so many dads here taking their kids afield!
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Originally Posted by taylorce1
[Linked Image]

Don't these kids realize you can't hunt any animal without hundreds of dollars spent on a complete camo outfit and gear?
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Outstanding. Congrats to you and the daughter.
Posted By: JPro Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Nice! It sounds like she's pretty much got things all figured out on what works.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Most excellent !!

smile
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Don't these kids realize you can't hunt any animal without hundreds of dollars spent on a complete camo outfit and gear?

LOL! She has some camo but it's geared more towards cold weather hunting, coveralls, hoodies, and coats. She does have a hunting buddy about the same age that can't hunt without his Kuiu. I refuse to buy the stuff until she quits growing, she's 14 and 5'10" and camo isn't cheap especially the light weight stuff!
Posted By: 30338 Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/19/17
Good work dad and daughter!
Congrats to the both of you!

Daughter #1 got her third antelope last weekend. .308 Win, 130g TTSX @ 3045fps. Not sure the range as I keep forgetting to ask. My hunting buddy and I were on the next hill over when she took the shot so all I got to do was help gut and skin it. smile
Posted By: SLM Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/20/17
That's what it's all about.

Congrats to the young lady.
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/20/17
Great stuff
Posted By: AKduck Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/22/17
Good deal. Congrats.
Posted By: Ghostwalker Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/22/17
Congratulations to her on a nice antelope and good shooting!
Posted By: dukxdog Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/24/17
Good times!
Posted By: Whelen Nut Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 10/25/17
Outstanding,,,Don't change anything!
Posted By: szihn Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 11/15/17
Just as a point of interest to all those that may like the 300 Savage:

I am going to have a Mauser M94 (FN Belgian) in 300 Savage ready to sell around Spring time. Converted to cock-on-opening, Bold Trigger, turned down Winchester barrel with 1 in 10" twist, Leupold scope base, custom made stock, ebony tip and steel grip cap, can be made with checkered steel butt-plate or pad. Light weight general purpose hunting rifle. Similar styling of those custome sporters made in the 30s and 40s.

If anyone out there has a soft spot for 300 Savages, please PM me and let me know.
Posted By: aheider Re: Daughter's speed goat! - 11/15/17
That’s awesome!
© 24hourcampfire