Home
Posted By: bwinters Boot gaiters - 10/26/17
Why boot gaiters are you guys using? I've used the Cabelas brand for the past 6-7 years now but they were stolen. I've looked at various gaiters over the years and my main issue is the material they are made from. I hate the noisy nylon exterior of most. I liked the Cablelas because they were more of a fabric and were quiet.

Thanks.
Posted By: hanco Re: Boot gaiters - 10/26/17
R J Henry’s
Posted By: okie john Re: Boot gaiters - 10/26/17
Sitka

Okie John
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Boot gaiters - 10/26/17
KUIU Yukons - never know they are there, until you get into deep water crossing the creek - when your feet stay dry.
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: Boot gaiters - 10/26/17
Blacks Creek and Kenatrek
Posted By: kingston Re: Boot gaiters - 10/26/17
Tag
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Boot gaiters - 10/26/17
Originally Posted by AH64guy
KUIU Yukons - never know they are there, until you get into deep water crossing the creek - when your feet stay dry.

+1 Prefer the Kuiu's to my OR Crocs...
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Boot gaiters - 10/26/17
Sleeping Indian makes some awesome wool gators that'll last forever.

I also have a pair of Markhor gators that I have been mighty impressed with. The Kuiu Yukons I had were awesome too, till I ripped a hole in them.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Boot gaiters - 10/27/17
My kenetrek gaiters did not last. I got one season on them and the seams came apart. I am hard on equipment but I expected a better product.
Posted By: starsky Re: Boot gaiters - 10/27/17
OR Crocs.
Posted By: bwinters Re: Boot gaiters - 10/27/17
Hate to hear this - I bought a pair last night off Black Ovis.....................

I'm leaning Kuiu if these don't look like a quality product. I'm surprised as Kenetrek makes good products.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Boot gaiters - 10/27/17
Originally Posted by starsky
OR Crocs.
When I'm packing with my llamas, I have a pair of Crocs on top of a saddle. It only takes about 30 sec to swap my boots for them for deep stream crossings and about minute to put my boots back on. I like it much better than filling my boots with water.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Boot gaiters - 10/27/17
OR Crocs.

These, unless you want to spend more money then Kuiu.
Posted By: ajmorell Re: Boot gaiters - 10/27/17
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
OR Crocs.
When I'm packing with my llamas, I have a pair of Crocs on top of a saddle. It only takes about 30 sec to swap my boots for them for deep stream crossings and about minute to put my boots back on. I like it much better than filling my boots with water.

Pretty sure he was referring to Outdoor Research Croc gaiters, not the Croc shoes lol!
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Boot gaiters - 10/27/17
Ok. I've never heard of those before.
Posted By: iddave Re: Boot gaiters - 10/27/17
OR Crocs.

Yup
Posted By: cecilb Re: Boot gaiters - 10/27/17
Kuiu, I sold my Kenetreks.
Posted By: Aviator Re: Boot gaiters - 10/27/17
OR Crocs.

These!
Posted By: las Re: Boot gaiters - 11/11/17
Pussies. But I'm reconsidering..... smile
Posted By: Brad Re: Boot gaiters - 11/11/17
I've used OR Crocs forever. My current pair is pretty worn. All the gaiters mentioned in this thread are copies of the Croc, so that might tell you something. All will obviously work, but the Kuiu is one that might have some meaningful design difference over the OR. I'd actually consider trying them based on the pictures and description. But I'm often disappointed when I actually get something in hand...
Posted By: Gunaddict Re: Boot gaiters - 11/11/17
Kuiu
Posted By: smokepole Re: Boot gaiters - 11/11/17
Crocs are too short for me. I've been using REI's gaiters, had the same pair for years.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Boot gaiters - 11/11/17
Ran the First Lite ones these fall and worked well.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Boot gaiters - 11/12/17
I've yet to find gaiters sufficiently sized to use when wearing heavy wool pants, such as Sleeping Indian. The largest size still isn't big enough. Maybe someday someone will.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Boot gaiters - 11/12/17
I have some of the now discontinued Cabela's Guide Gaiters. Like them a lot. GoreTex, lightweight and quiet. But they're getting old. Have seen and heard about the KUIU's, those are probably the ones I'll be getting. Just wish they didn't come in that goofy azz camo of theirs.................

I take it back, I see they're offering in solid colors again.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Boot gaiters - 11/12/17

Also, today's gaiters are Velcro closure, minus the zipper. The Velcro is guaranteed to be the first thing to fail..........
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: Boot gaiters - 11/13/17
I have both short and full sized ORs. Good enough for me. Water is never an issue, though.
Posted By: deflave Re: Boot gaiters - 11/13/17
Kenetrek good.

Outdoor Research great.

Dave
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Boot gaiters - 11/15/17
My Kenetrek's have served me well, they are the black ones not the fuzzy camo ones. Always kept me nice and dry and the burrs off. They will likely need replaced next season, I will probably try the Kuiu's next.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Boot gaiters - 11/15/17
Vote for Kuiu here
Posted By: pointer Re: Boot gaiters - 11/15/17
The Brambler by First Lite looks pretty good. Glad to see the belt type buckle on the foot strap. I wish it had a zipper though.

I have some OR knock off's that I'm completely happy with. Like having a zipper with a velcro flap over it.
Posted By: Gypsy_Wind Re: Boot gaiters - 05/03/18
I just got a pair of Swazi’s and they definitely were worth tracking down. Quiet and flexible and fit very well. I’m size 10.5 boot, 180lb and the large are perfect. Ended up ordering them from Ray Mears in the UK, but had them in hand in a week. Really excited to try them.
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Boot gaiters - 05/03/18

Black Diamond Front Point gaiters.
© 24hourcampfire