Home
Posted By: blairvt hunting Oahu, Hawaii - 11/03/17
Looks like I'll be doing some Annual Training in Feb at Hickam AFB. Anything worth hunting on down time?
Posted By: T_Inman Re: hunting Oahu, Hawaii - 11/03/17
I am unsure what is on Oahu, but the next island to the west (Molokai) has lots of free range Axis. I sure enjoyed chasing them around, and it was well worth the effort/money. I would guess that Oahu has axis and Polynesian boar...but am not totally sure.
Posted By: slm9s Re: hunting Oahu, Hawaii - 11/03/17
I have never done it but I was told by a local that there is pig hunting open year-round.
Posted By: micky Re: hunting Oahu, Hawaii - 11/09/17
I don't know what Island but I have heard of feral goats that can be fun to chase too. I think they are a year round hunt too.
Posted By: donsm70 Re: hunting Oahu, Hawaii - 11/09/17
I have never hunted them, but while vacationing with my wife, I have seen feral goats and hogs on both Oahu and the big island of Hawaii.

donsm70
Posted By: DownWind Re: hunting Oahu, Hawaii - 11/09/17
I did two tours there (81-84 and 95-98). Both times I left all firearms at my dad's place in Oregon. The laws for possession and storage were strict. They also lost at least one hiker a year to booby-traps set up by the Pakalolo farmers. I would recommend checking current laws and if all else fails, go to the beach instead.
Posted By: okie john Re: hunting Oahu, Hawaii - 11/09/17
I've posted on hunting the Big Island several times. There are some issues with the state laws, which apply everywhere. Do a search for those posts, then look for outfitters on Oahu and follow their advice.

Okie John
Posted By: Tom264 Re: hunting Oahu, Hawaii - 11/10/17
The big island has turkeys.
Not sure about the others.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: hunting Oahu, Hawaii - 11/15/17
The last time I was in Hawaii( Big Island) I asked a local what was best for hunting pigs.

He said what ever car you're driving at the time.
© 24hourcampfire