Home
Just shot this Blackbuck in Texas with a 6.8spc and a Barnes 95 Gr TTSX and CAUGHT THE BULLET!

It looks like it came out of a magazine ad...perfect performance.

Also note the Rifle is a Remington 700...it didn't go off all by itself..

The bolt didn't fall off...

And the Leupold Scope never wavered!

Will Miracles never cease?

[Linked Image]
Pretty buck and set up. Are they good eating? assuming so.
Yes...very good!
Very nice!
Short action .270.... how them Texans like yer rainbow flag?

You don’t look like a steer to me laugh !?!?
Congratulations
Great looking Blackbuck there Poobah! Were you hunting in the hill country or west TX?
Hill country.
Cool Beans!
I never got a call for lunch on the way back....
I thought you were still hunting! No worries! I'll be back next month!
grin
Nice work!

I'm surprised the Talleys didn't allow that scope to shift...so yet another miracle...
My one blackbuck fell to a .270 toolaugh
Nice one, maybe 90 lbs They are small, you did well. I’m surprised that Leupold held up. I need to trash all of mine from what I hear.
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Nice work!

I'm surprised the Talleys didn't allow that scope to shift...so yet another miracle...

I was worried about that too....
And you brought some snow down...miracles abound!
Ingwe , nice job.. Only shot one years ago.. .243.. Like to visit with you about your trips and ranches.. I plan to do more hunting there in the future.. Hunted there a lot in the 90’s and early part of 2000.. Nothing since 2004 or so... Need to get back into it.. Enjoy.. If your are near Carbon Co. give me notice...Travel safe..
10-4 WCH
Thanks!!
Treat yourself to some good West Texas barbecue-you earned it. CP.
Dang it Tom, now I want a Blackbuck too .......... but I'm a little surprised with your choice in bullet width smile

All those shortcomings and boolit failure to boot! grin
Excellent job of keeping the feeder out of view.
Thats easier said than done in most of central/south Texas...
Congrats on a nice looking buck!

How about a photo of the bullet?
Working on the bullet photo...later today!
HMM, that technically looks like a spiral horned species, maybe I need to add one to the four to make five, good shooting Poobs.
How do you the the 6.8? Specs on the rifle,please. I have been thinking of getting a TC Contender Carbine barrel in 6.8
I like the 6.8 more every time I use it. Mine was a Remington Light Tactical Rifle, which I yanked the stock on and replaced with the B&C Ti knock off....22 inch barrel, fluted, I installed an old style Walker trigger in it, Talley lightweights and a Leupy VXII 3x9...it kills bigger stuff tooo

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ingwe,

How much does that B&C stock weigh?

My son wants a lighter stock on his rifle, been thinking about ordering one from Stocky's.
Beautiful blackbuck Tom. I always enjoy seeing and reading of your Texas hunts. Congrats on another excellent trophy.
Nice blackbuck
Tom you’ve gotten quite a collection of beautiful animals with that rifle. Tell me about the hunt; I’ve slways wanted a black buck & audad!

Congrats on yer appreciation for the short action 270!
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Beautiful blackbuck Tom. I always enjoy seeing and reading of your Texas hunts. Congrats on another excellent trophy.

Casey, I truly don't know..I never weighed it. It seems a tad heavier than the original Ti though...
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Johnny this one could have gone better. The hunt itself was great, went off without a hitch. I was looking for Aoudad and Blackbuck, obviously found one of them, never saw an Aoudad on day one.....then driving that night back to the motel I hit a great big raccoon with a really small rental car, apparently made of plastic. Managed 3K worth of damage, and put me on hiatus from the rest of my hunting till parts were acquired and re-installed....just in time to drive north! cry
Originally Posted by efw
Tom you’ve gotten quite a collection of beautiful animals with that rifle. Tell me about the hunt; I’ve slways wanted a black buck & audad!

Wasn't able to complete the aoudad hunt ( see post above...) Blackbuck were everywhere on this ranch so it was a question of finding a big one, with dark pelage ( to mount) and then getting the bugger to hold still long enough for a shot ( I dont need very long at all, but they dont offer it up often...) Anyway, we spotted this guy, spooked him, then were able to waylay him a couple hundred yards farther on. Shot was close...a bit under 100 yards, facing us. DRT.
Nice blackbuck and goat.
ALWAYS get the extra insurance on rental cars.

ALWAYS.
Most excellent blackbuck, 'Gwe!
Beautiful animal! I'm not convinced the Remington rifle with Leupold is anything more than a photo prop though smile.
Nice bud!
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

95 gr. TTSX. Perfect performance

[Linked Image]
Missed this.
I try not to covet,
or hate the rich,
but you tempt me.

Slave

Congrats.
Tom,

What does the rifle/scope combo weigh?
Originally Posted by mmgravy
Tom,

What does the rifle/scope combo weigh?

I dunno..never weighed it, but it aint much over 7 lbs....
Congratulations. A bummer about the coon.
Looks like you had a good trip.
Tom, did you load your ammo for this hunt?
Yep;...always load my own...
Are you gonna have the coon mounted? smile
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Nope, can't afford it after the car repairs....
Must have been a dang big coon.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Just shot this Blackbuck in Texas with a 6.8spc and a Barnes 95 Gr TTSX and CAUGHT THE BULLET!
It looks like it came out of a magazine ad...perfect performance.
Also note the Rifle is a Remington 700...it didn't go off all by itself..
The bolt didn't fall off...
And the Leupold Scope never wavered!
Will Miracles never cease?
[Linked Image]

Wondering about the eye relief of that scope, too ?

wink
Wow! Despite the odds, everything worked. Envious, as they are a beautiful looking critter in a small package. Maybe someday,
I like the 6.8 more every time I use it. Mine was a Remington Light Tactical Rifle, which I yanked the stock on and replaced with the B&C Ti knock off....22 inch barrel, fluted, I installed an old style Walker trigger in it, Talley lightweights and a Leupy VXII 3x9...it kills bigger stuff tooo

That looks different than the 223 LTR barrel I have, more like an LVSF. Were the 6.8 LTR barrels different than those for the 223 and 308?
Nice blackbuck, good looking rifle, to bad about the car, too many coons anyway, did you get a bunch of chit from BLM over the deal? MB
Let's see, .270 Rainbow lite, Talley LWs, a Leupold, Walker trigger, bolt handle stayed on, and bullet failed.

Lotsa things working against you. But the Poobs spoke.

Nice!

[Linked Image]

Is that troublesome that a such small animal retained a bullet?
Originally Posted by Reloder28

[Linked Image]

Is that troublesome that a such small animal retained a bullet?

No, not at all. The bullet traveled almost the length of the blackbuck...3 feet of penetration, plus it was designed to open up at 6.8 velocities... no complaints from me on performance!
Originally Posted by mathman

That looks different than the 223 LTR barrel I have, more like an LVSF. Were the 6.8 LTR barrels different than those for the 223 and 308?

Good question. Yes they were 22 inch fluted, mag contour, and the original stock on that rifle was LVSF configuration like this one I put on a deuce..

[Linked Image]
I just took a deuce.

No LVSF stock to go along with it though frown.
I know what your sayin, my bolts open when the safety is on, I’ve never used tape on my muzzle, I’m really flirting with disaster!!! Hell I don’t even carry a “backup “ rifle on most trips!!! I really don’t know how I’ve gotten by!!!!...... grin
Congratulations!

For, um, bagging the critter and living to tell about it. You used a Remington 700. Gutsy! smile

What a dang freak accident. A raccoon causing 3K in damage. How much of that did you have to pay?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

What a dang freak accident. A raccoon causing 3K in damage. How much of that did you have to pay?

I didnt get the insurance.... and my policy doesn't cover it.....
Did you save the coons toothpick bone? I guess it could have been a doe. miles
Nice critters! Are you going to have the racoon mounted?

Fudge! Every time I get the insurance nothing ever happens and I feel like I wasted money.

Sometimes your credit card provides rental car insurance.
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Fudge! Every time I get the insurance nothing ever happens and I feel like I wasted money.

Sometimes your credit card provides rental car insurance.

OK get this...I didnt have cell service where I was so I figured to do the right thing, get the car repaired and settle up later. Well...the credit card company wont reimburse unless you got approval from the rental company to do the repairs....soooo, no dealership for the car within 60 miles, no way to contact the respective companies ( no long distance on my motel phone...) so it looks like I'm gonna eat this one....
Nice work, ingwe!
© 24hourcampfire