Home
Posted By: tomk Utah Bonus/Preference Points - 02/28/18
Gents:

Anyone know how many years can a guy lay-off applying for Utah's bonus/preference points before losing them?

Thanks,
tom
Posted By: 805 Re: Utah Bonus/Preference Points - 02/28/18
I'm almost positive there isn't a limit.
Posted By: tomk Re: Utah Bonus/Preference Points - 02/28/18
Meaning a guy could not apply for consecutive years and not lose the points he had accumulated prior?

Appreciate it.
You can go to the website and start the application process, it'll show you your accumulated points. Was on the site monday...
Posted By: tomk Re: Utah Bonus/Preference Points - 03/01/18
Well yes, am familiar

If you have bonus/pref point and skip X number of years in some states, you will forfeit yer points. That was my question--how many years can a guy skip in Utah and still maintain the balance.
I don't know the exact number of years and as far as I can see there's no way to tell on the website. While I was in Iraq from 2005-2008 I didn't put in, and still kept my points. hope that helps. Did you try and call them?
It does help, thanks.

No, but I think I will. Nevada booted me years ago, so I know there can be a limit...:)

Good on ya, for the time in Iraq. Hope a couple huge bucks come your way...
Managed a 190+ in the Paunsagunt years ago, 1992 which I drew the very first try... trying for Elk in San Juan, deer in the Henrys, sheep, moose and goat this year with lots of accumulated points... Been trying to draw ever since with no success.
That is a heck of a buck! Pretty good year...:)

Have 18 for elks and 17 for LE deer.

I don't remember the year, but we hunted the Wastach somewhere after a huge die-off, but saw a couple whoppers in spite of our timing. Haven't been back to Utah...yet
I'm pretty sure it is 3 years before you lose your points. Been hunting Utah all my life both as a resident when I was younger and now as a nonresident. Seems like I read "3 years" in the proclamation awhile back.

Leftybolt
Posted By: tomk Re: Utah Bonus/Preference Points - 03/22/18
Thanks for that, Lefty

I still haven't got around to making that phone call...
© 24hourcampfire