Home
Posted By: BigPine Wy antelope area 10 - 08/04/18
Public land looks pretty slim in this unit, is it accessible at all ? When I zoom in on the map it doesn't look so good.
Thanks,

BP
Posted By: WyColoCowboy Re: Wy antelope area 10 - 08/04/18
Almost none. A few squares of state land.
Posted By: BigPine Re: Wy antelope area 10 - 08/04/18
That's what I thought it looked like and why that's one of the few left over licenses . I have a point and a couple of friends do too, but they were wishy washy about going so we didn't put in. should have just went by myself, I get pretty ants this time of year and will get worse in Sept and October. Elk hunt next fall is a long way off.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Wy antelope area 10 - 08/07/18

Originally Posted by BigPine
Public land looks pretty slim in this unit, is it accessible at all ? When I zoom in on the map it doesn't look so good.
Thanks,

BP

Did you look at the Walk-in Atlas yet?

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Public-Access/Walk-In-Hunting

The online atlas features hundreds of walk-in areas where hunters can access private lands for a variety of species. The Walk-in program has been responsible for providing more than a million acres of access to hunters annually.
Posted By: BigPine Re: Wy antelope area 10 - 08/07/18
MuskegMan,
I did , there is none in unit 10. I've used walk-in areas to bird hunt all over the plains states , it's a great program .
Posted By: BigPine Re: Wy antelope area 10 - 08/07/18
Thank you
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: Wy antelope area 10 - 08/07/18
There is walk in area on the S. end of the lake. Just N. of some irrigated fields. Boarders some public land on the W. Check the WALK IN'S on the web page. Might be a game management area. There are signs.
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: Wy antelope area 10 - 08/07/18
http://maps.greenwoodmap.com/johnson/map#zcr=4/1489438/1751899/0&lyrs=statefed,ownership,roads,placenames&filter=(pidn%20in('51810320007400'))
Pretty much the big area with no lines in it

Attached picture canvas.png
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: Wy antelope area 10 - 08/08/18
The walk in area south of Lake Desmet is by free permit , but only a limited number, for bucks and does is only the last two weeks of the season........ you have to get the permit from the Wyoming Game and fish website.
Posted By: BigPine Re: Wy antelope area 10 - 08/08/18
Thank you guys much. That didn't show up on Wyoming's interactive map , or I wasn't using the the map right.
© 24hourcampfire