Home
He says its a tack-driver with factory ammo.
Thoughts?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/792995507
Not sure I’d say that Athlon is a high end scope. As compared to what?
Not being a 6.5 cm fan but have a lot of respect for Savages it probably shoots as well as they say. Do you really need that scope or would something else do? Anyway, it has a no reserve so it might go well under the asking price so keep an eye on it.
It only has to please you.
There's no such thing as a good deal on a piece of schit.

David
IMHO,

Just get the Ruger American Predator in 6.5
And put your own scope on it.

Mo Betta Pho U smile
It's a used rifle with blurry pictures. Caveat Emptor.
I'd see if you can get him to re-mount the scope with higher rings.
Pass... Too much hype. Over priced. Off-brand scope is problematic.

If you are a newby to this- buy a Ruger and a Leupold.
I agree with las. Get something new! This little Savage will shoot 3/4 groups. It’s s 6.5 creed

[Linked Image]
If that 6-24 Athlon is the Midas Tac, it is a good scope and is not a cheap scope. It is a mid $600 scope. Mine tracks good and has good clear glass. Athlon has higher priced glass than that, too. They are not an off-brand scope and will spread as more people try them. I am not sure that the price is what I would pay for the rifle/scope combo, but both will perform flawlessly.

One thing about Athlon, is that they have great customer service and in-house scope testing for questionable scopes that are sent back to them. I will never own another loopy.
If you want a tack driver there are much better options for under $40.

Now, if for some reason.

You want to shoot dimes.

or,

lights out,

it may do fine.
There are so many good deals on Savages I would look around first. For what they are asking you could almost get the Shaw version and get exactly what you want.

I won't knock Savages as they were the first big manufacturer to produce left hand actions for which I was thankful but I currently don't own any. There is also more competition for inexpensive but highly accurate rifles available now. There are many $3-600 rifles that rival custom rifles in accuracy.

But if that is what you want it is your choice, the buy it now price is pretty close to retail.
Originally Posted by hanco
I agree with las. Get something new! This little Savage will shoot 3/4 groups. It’s s 6.5 creed

[Linked Image]

What model is this?
Originally Posted by las
Pass... Too much hype. Over priced. Off-brand scope is problematic.

If you are a newby to this- buy a Ruger and a Leupold.

Do you have any experience with Athlon Optics?
© 24hourcampfire