Home
Posted By: Rolly Hog Hunt Question - 01/09/19
My buddy and I and our wives are spending the winter in the Phoenix area. Does anybody have any area in the west Texas area where we can can hunt some hogs? Would like names and contact info, please.
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: captdavid Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/09/19
Try here! If you find something let me know capt david
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/09/19
PM Mulie Mike he is an outfitter in West Texas
Posted By: hanco Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/10/19
I hope you find a place, I’ve killed hundreds of the bastards. Great practice for deer hunting.
Posted By: Rolly Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/10/19
Mistake-ignore
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/13/19
Stay away from independence ranch!
Posted By: hanco Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/13/19
Where is the Independence Ranch? Seems like I have heard of it.
Posted By: Tejano Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/13/19
There are not many hogs in West Texas at least west of the Pecos. There are some around Balmorrhae but elsewhere it is pretty much a chance encounter. You might try a call to Magnum outfitters in Eldorado, he doesn't list hogs as a usual thing but might have some on the different ranches he leases. The further South and East you go the more hogs usually. But almost every county except far west and the panhandle has hogs. Be careful as some of the operations are put and take in a high fence area.
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/13/19
Originally Posted by Esox357

Is that the place that gives free hog hunts but charges exorbitant prices to clean and process?
Posted By: hanco Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/13/19
I should go in the hog business, there are tons on the place I hunt in Burnet. The sorry MF’s are everywhere there.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: travelingman1 Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/13/19
Sign me up as your first customer please.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/13/19
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

With some effort, you could turn that mess of hogs into a side business. Would need some guides, accommodations, etc.

People will pay to do your dirty work... wink

I wouldn't, 'caue we got plenty here. Some folks don't.

Wrapped up in those nasty critters is a novilty to some, not so much to us... blush

DF
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/13/19
Originally Posted by hanco

Down by Cistern Tx. Bastrop/Fayette co. line area. Long way from West Texas.
Posted By: hanco Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/14/19
Thanks. I couldn’t remember where it was!
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/19/19

I've read up quite a bit on Independence Ranch, and I'd pass on going there. They offer two three day hunts for $399.00. The sticker is, you can't get the cheapie deal, and use one for your self, and one for a friend on the same trip. The "free" hunt must be used at a later date. The package doesn't include tips, butchering, and corn feed for the blind locations. You have to use their butchering service-you can't cut your own pig. I've read some reviews by guys that have hunted there, and they don't seem very positive. Look up the reviews, and judge for your self, but I'd not go there.
Posted By: ribka Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/17/21
[b][/b][/u]
Originally Posted by Rolly
My buddy and I and our wives are spending the winter in the Phoenix area. Does anybody have any area in the west Texas area where we can can hunt some hogs? Would like names and contact info, please.
Thanks in advance.

Texas doesn't want anti gun scum like you

Rolly. [b][s]DJT did this to himself and the rest of the country and to those who broke into the capital. He has impeachment and more coming to him.
Posted By: hanco Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/18/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This was about the coolest day I ever had, the SOB’s kept coming out. I had corn scattered out. I ran out of 358 cartridges. I could have maybe gotten a couple more.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/18/21
Originally Posted by EIB0879
Originally Posted by Esox357

Is that the place that gives free hog hunts but charges exorbitant prices to clean and process?

Yep
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/19/21

It's the one where the guy accidently shot his buddy leaving the stand a couple years ago. Stay far away from that place

I think Pope Brothers runs a few hog hunts. They are out of Junction. I've hunted axis with them but not hogs. They have access to a ton of different ranches
Posted By: DesertMuleDeer Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/19/21
It's been years, but I've seen / killed a bunch in the shinnery out in the Permian Basin. Not sure who would outfit there. Places like Crane, Andrews, Lamesa, Seminole etc. JGRaider may know of someone guiding for them in West Texas.
Posted By: geedubya Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by TxHunter80

It's the one where the guy accidently shot his buddy leaving the stand a couple years ago. Stay far away from that place

I think Pope Brothers runs a few hog hunts. They are out of Junction. I've hunted axis with them but not hogs. They have access to a ton of different ranches

IIRC its in Gonzales Texas (+/- 125 miles west of the Houston CBD along IH-10)

I don't pay much attention to it, but in the past is was a put n' take operation that has a horrible reputation.

Ya!

GWB
Posted By: hanco Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/20/21

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload images for url

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload online photos

Posted By: hanco Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/20/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload pictures free

Ain’t no pigs in Texas!!
Posted By: LouisB Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/21/21
Hanco
The vultures in your neighborhood should be fat and happy!

You just killin them to get rid of them and some out there wanting to hunt a few up for the smoker or sausage!
Posted By: rost495 Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/21/21
Originally Posted by ribka
[b][/b][/u]
Originally Posted by Rolly
Thanks in advance.

Texas doesn't want anti gun scum like you

Rolly. [b][s]DJT did this to himself and the rest of the country and to those who broke into the capital. He has impeachment and more coming to him.

Well well well. Yep , don't think TX folks would welcome and [bleep] like him.
Posted By: Texson2 Re: Hog Hunt Question - 01/22/21
Hanco your my Hero. I’ll buy you a beer the next time I see you. I don’t worry about killing the mf’s. I simply gut shoot everyone of the bastards and hope I cause them as much pain and misery as they have caused me. They’re just like negroes, once you get em you got em. God Bless Texas
© 24hourcampfire