Home
I’m I the only man on earth with a 30” inseam ?
Sitka’s are 32”. Kuiu’s are 34”
Anyone make short people pants ?
NO Unlined wool are easy to alter if you find some you like. Anything with membrane liners (like gortex) are a pain in the ass. Find a good alterations shop. Gaiters can help control excess length.

[Linked Image]
It’s easier to make them shorter than make them longer!
If your not up to hemming the seem , most dry cleaners will do the basic alterations for a few bucks.
Just pull 'em up, and buckle the belt under yer tiddies...
Originally Posted by Stilllearning

IIRC, the Prana Zion has numerous inseam options - perhaps not as rugged/windproof as you seek but it's an option. smile
OTOH, a 30" inseam using a 32" offering while wearing boots should not be an issue.
Johnson Woolen Mills spruce green or Adirondack plaid wool pants were very popular in New England when I was a kid. You can buy them in excellent or better condition on eBay for a lot less than Johnson's suggested retail price. I don't wear them very often because they are a burr magnet and I hate to pick burrs.

I'm 5' !0" and have a 29" inseam. They call me stumpy legs.

Similarly inseam challenged. I went with some lightweight Merano wool ones from Firstlight - They have a light amount of elastic in the cuffs and have worked out great on several hunts in a variety of conditions from Idaho to Newfoundland (with a fair amount of Kentucky in the middle).

https://www.firstlite.com/obsidian-pant-outerwear-bottoms.html

Other than my 20 year old Cabelas stuff, the best hunting outerwear I own. Very pleased with them.

Others have mentioned it, but 2" extra cuff shouldn't be an issue. It'll help keep dirt and whatever else from getting into your boots. If it is wet out and you're like me and hate the pant cuff being wet or dragging on the ground gaitors work wonders.

If it does bother you, a decent tailor could fix them up quickly and for little money.

I've got a 34 to 36 inch inseam (depending on brand, as they vary) but when I have a too long inseamed pant I roll the cuff and throw some gaitors on. Never had an issue.
Truth be known I really need a 29” inseam.
And yes everything I buy except jeans usually requires hemming.
However you are limited on how much you can shorten tapered leg pants without having some serious bell bottoms , and forget any knee patches or pads being in the right place !
Do what Townsend Whelen suggests with hunting pants. Cut them off at mid calf. They won't impede your trekking through the briars that way. You'll look kind of strange but who cares?
I can't buy any kind of pants without getting them shortened. So over the years I've located some good, professional tailors. My current one is retiring but his daughter is taking over and she's as good as him, ( he taught her).
Does your Talley Wacker drag the ground? 😎
Originally Posted by noKnees
If your not up to hemming the seem , most dry cleaners will do the basic alterations for a few bucks.

This
My favorites are the Mammut Runbold, Stretchy nylon, very tough, 3 zippered pocket + map pocket. The length is described as 'normal' but is actually adjustable via a elastic drawstring cuff adjustment. I wear a 34-30 and have had the cuff over my knees and snugged down to the base of my laces. These are easily the best GP outdoor pants I have ever owned and so far are indestructible despite my best effort to destroy them. My last pair cost $120.00 ordered direct from Mammut USA.

mike r
There's a big mouthed stupid sonafabitch that shows up every now and again that goes by "big stick". You might PM him, even though I'm sure his inseam is around 24"-26".....

Hope this helps!!!
Originally Posted by Judman
There's a big mouthed stupid sonafabitch that shows up every now and again that goes by "big stick". You might PM him, even though I'm sure his inseam is around 24"-26".....

Hope this helps!!!

LMAO.............24" is being generous, bro.
Uncle Johnny, I'm sorry, I couldn't help it!!!! Haha
I found some of the wrangler outdoor pants for my daughter that came in 29x30.
At least you can shorten your pants. I need something at least 36", my wranglers are 38 or 40". I also get hit twice when I find long enough pants, 1) They are hard to find and 2) They charge more for that length. KUIU, some Cabelas, Kryptek, Sitka make talls that range from 34" to 35.5". Sure like my gators.
I like Wrangler in 38 lengths, they are hard to find unless you go to a Western store. It’s a lot easier to shorten than lengthen.
To the OP- I resemble your remark about short, but I thought we were just vertically challenged. My finished inseam is 29", but as years have gone on I am closer to 28". Needless, my wife has to chop everything I buy. Most outdoor pants/camo she shortens and sews in a heavy drawstring for me.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

I'm 5' !0" and have a 29" inseam. They call me stumpy legs.

I am 5’8”, 29” inseam. 28 is too short, 30 is too long. For hunting, I have found military BDU’s fit me well & I can stuff the pant legs into my boots. Works good for me. I never don’t tuck my pants into my boots.
I worked for a few months when I first quit college on a construction site. One of the local Cajuns told me that I "ought to sue the state". Of course, I asked why. He said, "They built the road too close to your a%#...lol.

I can deal with the pants, especially if I get the ones that can be tied at the bottom of the leg or when I wear rubber boots I can tuck them in the boots. What I can't find, is bib overalls in short. I have a pair of Walls that I bought years ago and are definitely on the way out. But they have been good ones. It is hard to find anyone today who makes bibs in XL short...or at least ones I can afford!
© 24hourcampfire