Home
Posted By: Oregonmuley Wyoming draw is posting - 06/20/19
Just checked the Wyoming draw, did draw my buck antelope but nada on doe antelope??? And in trying to check the leftover list for doe/fawn antelope its not showing anything? Anyone know how to look up those leftovers if there are any?

Good luck - hope you do better than I did frown
Posted By: wytex Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/20/19
Leftovers are up now, or were when I checked.
Yup, did just check back and now the doe/fawn antelope leftovers are listed. Sure not much this year, slim pickings!
Posted By: Ole_270 Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/20/19
Five of us put in for buck and doe antelope, two drew does. The unit we put in for had more than double the applicants from last year.
I noticed the same thing, the increase in applicants was crazy this year - more reasons for me to be a Wyoming resident sooner that later wink
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/20/19
Didn’t draw an Antelope buck tag that had 100% chance of drawing, WTH?
Posted By: RTSJ Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/20/19
Myself and my daughter drew muley tags and she drew an antelope tag! Region C area 23.

Roy

Wife and I both drew 2 doe antelope in 16 and a doe deer as well.

Didn't see many/any doe antelope in the left over list.

Question on leftover application process, is it a draw or is it first come first serve, applications open next week and will be looking to pick up cow elk
I didn’t draw but my daughter drew her first out west tag😁😁
Posted By: RTSJ Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/20/19

Originally Posted by JerradPelzer

Same here! She is absolutely pumped!
Posted By: wytex Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/20/19
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Wife and I both drew 2 doe antelope in 16 and a doe deer as well.

Didn't see many/any doe antelope in the left over list.

Question on leftover application process, is it a draw or is it first come first serve, applications open next week and will be looking to pick up cow elk

It is a draw.
Be wary of area 6 cow tags, mostly private and hard to fill them without access, which is hard to find.
Anyone local to unit 23 know if there would be any chance of getting access on private to fill a doe tag if coming later int the season?? Still some unit 23 type 7 private only tags available. Would be willing to pay a trespass fee if that helps.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/20/19
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

I had 92% draw odds but was unsuccessful.
Posted By: 805 Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/20/19
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

Well that doesn’t seem correct? Did you have points?

Successful!!!
Headed for Wyoming to try for my first goat in Oct.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/20/19
Originally Posted by JerradPelzer

My son drew his first Antelope tag also.... now he has a Colorado 3rd Season Mule Deer Buck tag, and a Wyoming Antelope Buck tag.... he’s gonna have some jealous buddies come November.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/20/19
Extra cow elk and 2 doe antelope tags plus my 2nd choice any antelope tag...Nothing was real tough to draw though. All were pretty much gimmies.

General deer and elk.

I think a lot of people look at draw odds from the previous year and put in based on those odds....which is why several units with 100% 3rd choice odds last year sold out in the first choice draw this year. That, and a LOT more people are putting in for all the hunts these days.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/20/19
38 type 4 cow tag. I will by a general for a chance to get a bull
No buck antelope tag again this year... Never used to happen... Lots of other stuff though...
Posted By: SLM Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/21/19
That’s what has been happening here. Have to try and get a year a head of everybody.

Social media, Gohunt and the like are making it tough to do.

Originally Posted by T_Inman
I think a lot of people look at draw odds from the previous year and put in based on those odds....which is why several units with 100% 3rd choice odds last year sold out in the first choice draw this year. That, and a LOT more people are putting in for all the hunts these days.
Posted By: handwerk Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/21/19
My three kids and I drew antelope unit 32.....been too long since I've chased Wyoming speed goats...should be fun!
Posted By: byron Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/21/19
Doe/fawn antelope, and wife and I both drew late season cow/calf elk.
Posted By: RNF Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/21/19
Checked ours, unsuccessfull.
Posted By: szihn Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/21/19
I was blessed this year. So now I have to see if that blessing rides over to the actual hunting.
I have buck deer, buck antelope and bull elk tags.

I am going to also get some doe deer tags later if I can. Maybe a doe antelope too.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/21/19
Originally Posted by handwerk
My three kids and I drew antelope unit 32.....been too long since I've chased Wyoming speed goats...should be fun!

If you see us with Kansas and Missouri tags stop and say hi. Nephew and I drew doe tags in 32. The 5 of us didn’t draw any buck tags.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cinch Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/21/19
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
I noticed the same thing, the increase in applicants was crazy this year - more reasons for me to be a Wyoming resident sooner that later wink

Do it!
Posted By: Cinch Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/21/19
I only drew antelope this year but I'll snag general deer and make something happen... hitting NM for elk again so didn't apply in WY...
Between the wife and I we have 3 doe antelope and 2 buck tags. I drew my second choice which I wasn’t expecting and don’t know anything about. So far I haven’t heard great things about F. Hopefully we can put it together, this will be my wife’s first high country mule deer hunt.
No luck on antelope for my son and I. High draw odds but not 100%.

We both have General elk tags.
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/21/19
Just barely made it but my group of 4 drew antelope tags..

Excited!

-Jake
Posted By: handwerk Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/21/19
Will do Chessy, we'll be there second weekend.
Posted By: Scruffee Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/22/19
I drew my 2nd choice either-sex antelope and two doe/fawn tags. It should be a good year with the OTC and draw tags I got back home in Saskatchewan.
Posted By: efw Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 06/26/19
Congrats to all of those who met success that’s awesome I wish you all the best there is nothing like hunting Wyomingi love it enjoy!!
Leftover draw results are now posted - lucked out and drew a couple doe antelope tags in a less than easy access unit. But will be fun and I'll be in Wyoming so thats always a good thing smile

Wife and I both drew cow/calf elk tags near our house!

Let the fun begin on our first fall in WY!

We both have:
- 2 doe antelope
- 1 doe deer
- 1 cow elk

should be a fun learning experience chasing critters. Next year we get resident tags :-)
Posted By: Ole_270 Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 07/11/19
Struck out again
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 07/13/19
When do they mail out the actual paper licenses, anyone know?
Myself, my dad and my niece got 2 doe tags each, area 38.

Seems to take about 3 years to get drawn now. Cant seem to get a buck tag anymore tho.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 07/13/19
Originally Posted by 19352012

You should be getting them soon. Before they went to the computer, you got it around the Fourth of July.
Posted By: szihn Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 07/13/19
I did well this year (so far....Tags are not as good as meat)

I and my wife have enough elk, deer and antelope tags to fill all the freezers if we get all the game, as well as to help out 4 elderly folks we go to church with, who are now to a point in their lives they cannot hunt themselves anymore. 3 are "old Ranch Wives" and love game meat, but being in poor health and in their 90s, they can't go get it anymore. One man is in his late 60s but has both keens in such bad shape he can't walk without crutches.
So my wife and I do it for them if we get all the tags we want. This year we drew 2 bull elk, 1 buck deer, 3 doe deer, 2 antelope buck and 3 antelope doe tags, totaling 11 combined.

We hope to be a real blessing to the old folks at church and fill everyone's freezers for Thanksgiving Christmas and the coming winter. Barbra, the oldest of the 4 is a lady who was on one of the larger ranches on the Sweet Water river in Wyoming for over 60 years. She and her husband ran about 20 ranch hands all those years and in the hunting season she and her sister, and her brother in law would do the skinning, butchering and processing of all the game on the ranch in their meat house and cold rooms. Talking to her is just a joy. She told me "Kid (I am in my mid 60s and I am "kid" to her) I have shot skinned and butchered more game then you have and I am sure of that. When I figure out that about 20 cowboys and ranch-workers were hunting every year for 60 years and in those days getting 5-10 head per worker was common, she is probably right. 20 hands X 60 years X lets say 7 head a year as an average, would be 8,400 head of game. Yeah..........that's more then I have done.
She is so fun to talk to because she was an avid hunter and loved to shoot and comes from the era of my father and so you get a very good over view of how hunting was done commonly in the depressions and all through the WW2 years clear through the 70s and you can see how things change and how they don't I find the old lady has a lot of good wisdom concerning guns and ammo too.

She would rail against some hunters when they would bring in game "Quit blowing them up ya moron"
It's funny to listen to her stories.
And she knows what she is talking about to. At 98 she is still sharp and her mind is very clear.
Posted By: wytex Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 07/13/19
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Wife and I both drew cow/calf elk tags near our house!

Let the fun begin on our first fall in WY!

We both have:
- 2 doe antelope
- 1 doe deer
- 1 cow elk

should be a fun learning experience chasing critters. Next year we get resident tags :-)

Good luck Bob. Hope you and the wife have a great year and enjoy Wyoming.Next year will be a whole new ballgame for you being residents.
Originally Posted by 19352012

Mine showed up in the mail today. Dad sent a text saying his did as well.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Wyoming draw is posting - 07/20/19
My group got ours today also
© 24hourcampfire