Home
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter OR Bear - 08/13/19
Headed to OR tonight for a few days of bear hunting. Hopefully they are in the berries!
Posted By: bowmanh Re: OR Bear - 08/13/19
Good luck! It's been a bit of a cool summer so the berries could be a little late in some areas.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: OR Bear - 08/13/19
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Good luck! It's been a bit of a cool summer so the berries could be a little late in some areas.

Thanks! Yeah same thing here pretty much. Hopefully I glass a few even if I don't shoot one. Might try to call a kitty if the bears are slow.
Posted By: 44mc Re: OR Bear - 08/13/19
post pics if you kill one mch they wont let us hunt them here
Posted By: T_Inman Re: OR Bear - 08/13/19
Good luck over there....if you're headed to Hell's Canyon or the Blues, there's lots of cinnamon bears to be checking out.

Luv that coloration...
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: OR Bear - 08/17/19
I checked huckleberries last weekend and they looked like they needed another week or two. I see tons of other berries too. You'll be good. In dry country they've spent the summer flipping rocks and tearing up logs so worse case scenario find the right timber age structure and hunt there.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: OR Bear - 08/17/19
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Good luck over there....if you're headed to Hell's Canyon or the Blues, there's lots of cinnamon bears to be checking out.

Luv that coloration...

Close.

Saw a lot of Bears. Beautiful country but no kill. Looking forward to hunting there next year.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: OR Bear - 08/18/19
Good luck!
Posted By: Judman Re: OR Bear - 08/20/19
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Luv that coloration...

Close.

Saw a lot of Bears. Beautiful country but no kill. Looking forward to hunting there next year.

Too far? Not what your looking for? Nice country down there
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: OR Bear - 08/20/19
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Luv that coloration...

Close.

Too far? Not what your looking for? Nice country down there

There isn't really anything holding them still. They were moving through but not really feeding. There was one shooter for sure but he was in open sight for maybe 7 or 8 seconds. By time I got on him he was in the brush. I only had three days to hunt. My buddy had to get back for another hunting trip. Next year I think I will go back for sure.
Posted By: Judman Re: OR Bear - 08/20/19
Copy huckleberrys? Ours are a couple weeks out yet
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: OR Bear - 08/21/19
Originally Posted by Judman
Copy huckleberrys? Ours are a couple weeks out yet

There were berries everywhere and I think that was part of the problem. I think they eat the berries but when they first come out they are looking for something more hearty to eat. I am no expert but that's what it seemed like to me anyways. Next year I'll have more time to run over there.
© 24hourcampfire