Home
Well my daughter finally turned 12 this year so off to Wyoming we go to chase antelope. We spent some time shooting this spring/summer and she got comfortable shooting my Tikka CTR 6.5 so we decided to take it. She’s been out to Wyoming with me lots but this was her first time behind the gun. We went with Ross Adney of Beaver Trap Outfitters in Dayton Wyoming. I’ve known Ross for a long time and have recently started doing some help guiding in the fall with bear.

Anyhow. Kaylee decided to invite her friend which this is her first out west hunt too. We headed out a little early and ran around the mountains for a couple days the elk were bugling and the girls had a fun time watching. Then the rain started! By the time Oct 1st rolled around the weather cooled down and the rain turned to snow!! Aside from cold girls and muddy roads it was a blast and they were both successful. Both shot with 6.5creeds and two great shots. I can’t wait to get back out next year Kaylee has black bear on the calendar already for next year!!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Super cool. Look at those smiles!!!
That's fantastic !
Lots of giggles?,Looks like they had some fun..ongrats to the young ladies.

That’s what it’s all about! Congratulations to the girls. Looks like they had an awesome time! And you’re doing a pretty darn good job as a parent! 👍 memtb
Nice trip!! Grats
How cool is that. Great job sharing with your daughter and especially with her friend.
Congrats to al involved
Way awesome congrats...
Congratulations the girls look happy.
Way to go! Love seeing kids hunting.
Allright, allright, allright !!!!

Jerry
That is beyond cool! Nothing better....Great Job! 😎
I love that truck pic!
Good job dad.
Originally Posted by kingston
Super cool. Look at those smiles!!!

Amen! Great pics.
Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.S.
That’s what it is all about.

Congrats.
Awesome!! Congrats to all of you!!!
Good Dad! Congrats.to all.
Congratulations to the girls & a high five for you !!

smile
Great to see, Sir. Thanks.
EXCELLENT!
LIKE !!
Excellent!
Best hunt of the year right there! As a father of 3 girls that hunt I know how proud you are. Good job girls and dad!
Well done!
Good stuff Jerrad.... good stuff!
Super job of parenting, dad!
Great pics and memories!! Very well done!
They will remember that for a long time! Nice work and great pics!
Congratulations! Nice job girls.
Very nice..
That is really fine! Hope one can keep them at it.
JeradPelzer: Please pass along my congratulations to both those lovely, young lady, Hunters!
Our opener here in SW Montana had us Antelope Hunters dealing with an unusual early snowfall (then the melting snow induced mud and mess!).
Good work on your part as well - thanks for sharing.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Congrats to the young ladies. Looks like a fun hunt.
Happy hunters they are.. Great stuff!
That’s so awesome man nice work on everyone’s part love those smiles!
Congratulations Ladies, and Dad!

You better get yourself another CTR as I can see where this is going.

SD
Alright that is awesome!
Memories to last a lifetime and then some.

Looks like you all had a great time.
Well done. Congrats to the kids and you.
WTG Young Ladies!
Parents who take their kid's hunting are a special kind of American!
Thanks a bunch for the positive comments guys. It was a really fun 5-6 day trip. I could have done a lot longer write up talking about it but tried to keep it short.

I did get a chance to drop in and visit Weatherby, nice place really nice people. While we were setting watching elk one morning I watched a guy across a canyon get a shot at a nice bull elk with his bow. It was neat to see it all unfold from that far out. Shot was far back not sure that they found it unfortunately.
Looks like a ton of fun
Good stuff Jerrad. Those young ladies sure seem to of had a great time even with the nasty weather. Shoulda been there this week, I think on Wednesday it was 70 degrees in Kaycee:) Anyway congrats to you all, we need to try and be there at the same time one of these days!
Glad the girls were successful! Great pics and memories made with dad/friend!
Congratulations to the young ladies!
From the loos on those faces I think they liked it.
Congrats to both hunters!
Congrats to everyone on a successful and fun hunt!

Nothing better than helping your kids (and friends) fill their tags.
Sweet pics and nice bucks!!
Well done Dad!
© 24hourcampfire